Korea's EXS - X15 new single BA model w/detachable cables
Nov 1, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:
  $150?!
eek.gif
What a rip-off. The retail price is 99,000 won=around $90.

I have a bad feeling this seller peeked at head-fi before setting the price, hoping to tempt people like us.

Quote:
  I'm still thinking of buying a pair of ebay, what other places can I get them for $90 shipped to the US?

No places. $90 is the sale price converted from the Korean won. You're not going to be able to get it at that price. Still, $150 is too much. $110-120 might be more like it, but you'll have to find some kind of Korean buying agent or forwarding service and see if their processing fees are reasonable.

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 28
Reviews on Korean GE:
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/2407877
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=UR_Earphones&document_srl=2482913

That looks like the larger MCX connector rather than the MMCX of Shure/UE/Livewires...

Note to Chinese companies: THIS is how you make a <$100 IEM! Why can't they put this level of industrial design and attention to detail into their budget products?

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #18 of 28
Talked to my EXS contact awhile ago, but it wasn't quite ready for the market yet at the time. I'll check with him again and see if there's any update.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #21 of 28
Apr 23, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:
While finding more of LG qauadbeats, also found this korean headphones. But not much info about these ...
EUR 115,87 for single BA . Do they have other designs ?
I guess ClieOS will review them soon.

Yes. They do have other products, such as:

EXS X10 - Single Knowles SR Series Balanced Armature. About $35~40
EXS X20 - Single (or, should I say dual?) Knowles TWFK Series Balanced Armature. About $150

I, personally, have never used them. However I've heard that they're pretty decent budget-fi IEMs.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #25 of 28
If you are here in Korea, and in Seoul, check out "Earphone shop" up near Hyehwa (University) station....
You can try them out there as they have almost as many earphones set out as did the Akihabara Yodabashi camera, with less noise!
(But no booths set up with STAX headphones, alas.)

They sell the EXS-15 for $70. (No idea on shipping.)
I got my friends the EXS10 for Christmas last year, and they were quiet happy with it.
Next time I'm out there, I'll give these a listen.

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #26 of 28
I've had a pair for about a year. Pretty decent, but not as impressive as their X10, released several years ago. Nice, but not really stand out in their price range, or their build. 
  Reviews on Korean GE:
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/2407877
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/index.php?mid=UR_Earphones&document_srl=2482913

That looks like the larger MCX connector rather than the MMCX of Shure/UE/Livewires...

Note to Chinese companies: THIS is how you make a <$100 IEM! Why can't they put this level of industrial design and attention to detail into their budget products?

They look great from the package. Up close, they 100% plastic and have a number of defects/poor seams to put them squarely up against Chinese counterparts. Not bad, but proving again that manufacturing differences still are stark between corporations headquartered in the West and Japan vs companies headquartered even in Korea. I wish this weren't the case. Honestly, I'm a little sad by what I see in my hands. The sound ain't bad: very wide, centrally voiced (lots of excitement in the vocal midrange), but I'd much rather have the TE-05 in my ears. 

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #27 of 28
  I've had a pair for about a year. Pretty decent, but not as impressive as their X10, released several years ago. Nice, but not really stand out in their price range, or their build. They look great from the package. Up close, they 100% plastic and have a number of defects/poor seams to put them squarely up against Chinese counterparts. Not bad, but proving again that manufacturing differences still are stark between corporations headquartered in the West and Japan vs companies headquartered even in Korea. I wish this weren't the case. Honestly, I'm a little sad by what I see in my hands. The sound ain't bad: very wide, centrally voiced (lots of excitement in the vocal midrange), but I'd much rather have the TE-05 in my ears. 

Why do you have to burst my (very old) bubble like that? 
mad.gif
 (I totally forgot about these...
tongue.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #28 of 28
I did, too. In trying to re-secure my lost Horseman LS to a wimpy tripod head by means of a crappy plate, I found these things rolling around my miscellaneous drawer along with some Jays something or other. Unfortunately, neither the Jays nor these EXS deliver on my expectations thanks to using earlier products from both manufacturers. Good news, anyone should be able to fit these in their ears. Bad news, the build and finish quality isn't good. Sound is decent. But I'd save up for something, anything, else, unless you are a throwaway collector.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back