Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Dec 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,066 of 1,681
i have issue with my kogan the internak memory just 16mb can somebody tell me whats going on?

It's an 8GB player (8GB micro sd card already installed, no internal memory), a USB data cable and stock (bud) earphones. We have tested the unit with 32GB - 64GB cards working fine (maybe just some slight lag with 64GB).

>> http://www.head-fi.org/t/730831/kogan-8gb-mp4-the-player-that-came-from-nowhere/30#post_10807563

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,068 of 1,681

So after some time I find these crazy Muzip bass IEMs and they are a perfect match for Dance music. More bass from the Kogan than I could ever want. The headphones fail when hooked to an amp for some reason. Amped the Muzips loose the magic.

Dec 7, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,069 of 1,681

So after some time I find these crazy Muzip bass IEMs and they are a perfect match for Dance music. More bass from the Kogan than I could ever want. The headphones fail when hooked to an amp for some reason. Amped the Muzips loose the magic.

I have seen those here. Do they sound a bit hollow with other music styles?

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #1,070 of 1,681
  I have seen those here. Do they sound a bit hollow with other music styles?

They sound OK. The main thing for me is if the sound is connected, the bass is crazy. Just a good match for Kogan. I would not pay more than $17 usd for em though?

No, not hollow like 90% of the cheap crap. IMO

The other music styles are OK not bad. They excel with electronic though.

Dec 8, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #1,071 of 1,681
  They sound OK. The main thing for me is if the sound is connected, the bass is crazy. Just a good match for Kogan. I would not pay more than $17 usd for em though?

No, not hollow like 90% of the cheap crap. IMO

The other music styles are OK not bad. They excel with electronic though.

Well, I just found out a guy who sells the Pistons here, but I am still looking into these. They retail for around 30 here, but it's the same with everything. All the prices are way up.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #1,072 of 1,681
Are the Kogan players discontinued? Or just so popular it sold like  Personally I'm willing to fork out $30 to do an additional X02 comparison, but can't seem to find it anywhere other than the ebay link which also happen to have sold out.

If anyone knows here I can get one in Brisbane, it'll be much appreciated.

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #1,073 of 1,681
Are the Kogan players discontinued? Or just so popular it sold like  Personally I'm willing to fork out $30 to do an additional X02 comparison, but can't seem to find it anywhere other than the ebay link which also happen to have sold out.

If anyone knows here I can get one in Brisbane, it'll be much appreciated.

Yes, Kogan is sold out with no word of being for sale again by the company. However, few people have taken interest in making thier own rebrands of the unit. (same player / different name)

Atm we must wait.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #1,075 of 1,681
  I see. Not too disappointed. Would be nice if they improve on it a little though.

The version that Basic is re-branding from oRiver has some improvements, based on user inputs in Indonesia. I have pictures but Basic has asked me to unveil them by next week, so other companies which also re-brand the O5 from oRiver will not simply 'copy' them for their own version.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #1,077 of 1,681
  The CTC Audio version that EmpJ sent my way has onboard memory, FM Radio and games :p Those improvements are fantastic enough :wink:

edit: Oh! And for those that can't purchase one, they're offering one FREE for a contest!

I have a totally silly question about the games, if someone can answer it. Is it possible to get more games like Tetris and chess? Those are the only ones I really play on machines because I don't consider them a waste of time. Sorry for going off topic, just wondering.

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #1,078 of 1,681
  The CTC Audio version that EmpJ sent my way has onboard memory, FM Radio and games :p Those improvements are fantastic enough :wink:

edit: Oh! And for those that can't purchase one, they're offering one FREE for a contest!

Sounds great. Though I don't care for games, the internal memory and FM radio would be a great welcome. I personally wouldn't mind if they get rid of the camera for something more dedicated to a music player though.

Swap out camera for better chip/battery life and games for better UI - Gapless fix or Equalizer then we're talking. 

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #1,079 of 1,681

I have a totally silly question about the games, if someone can answer it. Is it possible to get more games like Tetris and chess? Those are the only ones I really play on machines because I don't consider them a waste of time. Sorry for going off topic, just wondering.

Seems like tetris would be possible, a low-graphic version... Given the button structure. Wonder if someone could find it.

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #1,080 of 1,681
  68Euro is expensive! Thats $100AUS and doesn't include postage!!! The Kogan itself was, what, $30AUS!! Shipped!! That's alot of drachmas for some Chinese spacejunk!!

I will compare my ONN Q9 to the Kogan XYZ when it arrives, hopefully within the next two weeks..I am not an expert with the lingo in regards to Mhz and mid-range clipping but
will give you a 100% low down on how it measures up with my AKG Q701's and FiioE12 amp,,

It's not 68 euros "headmusic"..
I paid exactly 38.47 + 4.99 (shipping) = 43.46 euros....more expensive than the australian's kogan for sure, but definitly still a good deal for such a nice dap......I should collect it in France next week ( i am french resident in Tunisia ), but will send it straight away to one of the best guy i know on "tellement nomade" French audio website to make a review..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back