Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Oct 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #737 of 1,681
Originally Posted by michele009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As you can see, it pairs well with topping nx1 as the amp doesn't cover the camera. 

As for the sound, I'm pretty impressed. It sounds really good, detailed, open, "light" and punchy but not boomy and congested. Of course, it is headphone related. I'm enjoying kz edse more than with my clip. 

I tried my D-Jix M550 with both
TTPOD T1E Bass​
and
TTPOD T1​
and i find them sounding great with this player.

Also ordered the TTPOD T1E and i'm wondering if i should buy the nx1. I've read in this thread that without a 32ohm i'll hear some hiss but at the same time i've read somewhere that this headphones are a bit greed and sound needs to be higher to enjoy. Any advice?

Oct 25, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #738 of 1,681
  And my djix m550 is here.

As you can see, it pairs well with topping nx1 as the amp doesn't cover the camera. 

As for the sound, I'm pretty impressed. It sounds really good, detailed, open, "light" and punchy but not boomy and congested. Of course, it is headphone related. I'm enjoying kz edse more than with my clip. 

These words describe Kogan, all signs so far point in a positive direction with M550. My Kogan unit is sitting abandoned currently after a ransacked its 32gb card for my new phone. Looking at me asking why it can't play with the other DAPs.

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #739 of 1,681

These words describe Kogan, all signs so far point in a positive direction with M550. My Kogan unit is sitting abandoned currently after a ransacked its 32gb card for my new phone. Looking at me asking why it can't play with the other DAPs.

Poor Kogan mate. Just get the boy a new card!

Oct 25, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #740 of 1,681
Is there a way to add internal storage to kogan, or is it possible to partition external memory to use it as internal one ?

Oct 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #742 of 1,681
On the Kogan's performance with the ES100: while I wouldn't be surprised if it benefitted from additional amping, it handles the earbud admirably with classical music, and also handles rock that isn't bass oriented nicely as well.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #743 of 1,681

You know... I'll spend $200 on an IEM in the blink of an eye, yet sit here twiddling my thumbs about a new micro sd card.

Something seriously wrong.

Well the longer you wait the more the price goes down on memory cards. I read they have a new battery technology which when using titanium nanotube technology will give our players a life of 10,000 battery charges in 20 years as oppose to our current life of about 5 years with 500 to 1000 full charges.

Waiting is good.

Oct 26, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #744 of 1,681

And that was my opinion using kz edse. Yesterday I plugged in the havi b3. I've never heard music like this. Absolutely clear background, no hiss, just music raising from the void. Vocals are so natural it's like singers are in my ears. Everything sound controlled and "right", like there was something wrong before and now is gone. 

The only thing I don't like about djix/kogan is the firmware: basic and laggy. Even songs stutter if i scroll the music list while playing. With rockbox on it, this player would be the king of the under 100$.

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #746 of 1,681
  And that was my opinion using kz edse. Yesterday I plugged in the havi b3. I've never heard music like this. Absolutely clear background, no hiss, just music raising from the void. Vocals are so natural it's like singers are in my ears. Everything sound controlled and "right", like there was something wrong before and now is gone. 

The only thing I don't like about djix/kogan is the firmware: basic and laggy. Even songs stutter if i scroll the music list while playing. With rockbox on it, this player would be the king of the under 100$.

No doubt in that... It will be like a dream come true

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #747 of 1,681

Yes, Havi pair well, Kogan shows its muscle even though Havi isn't terribly easy to drive. Another good one for Kogan is $100 Shure SRH440. The 440 is already rather detailed for a $100 headphone. Let Kogan off the leash and it's pretty amazeballs. Rather bright though for long sessions, keep your seat belt on for that one.

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #748 of 1,681

You know... I'll spend $200 on an IEM in the blink of an eye, yet sit here twiddling my thumbs about a new micro sd card.

Something seriously wrong.

That sounds weird but its not so bad. Maybe you can spend the 200 on a 128 card just to see if the Kogan can handle it? :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back