Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Aug 17, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #31 of 1,681
This one honestly surfaced from nowhere (as the thread title suggests). I don't mind doing a discovery occasionally like Topping NX1,or the previous C&C BH. This one however,completely caught me by surprise and really deserves a thread of its own.
Gotta catch em all... :wink:
It appears so unfortunately.
Just presets mate, no 5 band EQ etc. Hopefully you won't need them.

With discovery from Uncle H20 ..its hard to keep me head above water ..rough sea ahead...lol.

Thanks a lot !!!

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #32 of 1,681
If it doesn't require a mortgage on your internal organs to fund, it will never fly here.

...and the "audiophile sanctioned" batteries. Please!

Quite pleased thank you.
wink_face.gif
 You guys know that you're just burning the other end of the something else needs to be demoted to elevate this candle. I like my quirky HiSounds, DX90 (with dual battery
tongue_smile.gif
), AK120 I had and would probably like this as well. If I could buy one, I would.  

Let me be 1st in line for any Aussie that decides to pass it forward.
smile.gif

Aug 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #33 of 1,681
Tonight I've been driving 100ohm Etymotic ER4S with Kogan no problem. Listening to London Grammar 'Hey Now' at a volume level of 26/31, remembering I listen quite loud I wouldn't need anymore volume personally. Also earlier full-size Shure SHR440 at a comfortable 15/31, Kogan didn't even flinch. Quite amusing the detail coming out with ER4S atm. ;p

Aug 17, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #34 of 1,681
If you listen at 20, then it must be pretty powerful. I'll probably only use 12 or so lol. 

Aug 18, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #39 of 1,681
Having tested Kogan with nothing but the micro sd (external storage) I went to put some files onto the internal memory. 

To my surprise I cannot find a full 8GB of internal storage. 

I guess this would explain the added (included) 8gb micro sd card, hence why Kogan is sold as an "8GB player"

Kind of tricky advertising there, but try not to worry, the 8GB included card will get you going, I hardly use internal memory so it's not a big deal for me.

I do apologise this wasn't mentioned previously though.

Edit:

I've checked the camera / video camera settings, luckily Kogan's one step ahead and included an option in the menu for "save path" so you can tell the player where to save your camera photo's and video recordings etc... So there's no problem setting the player to save everything to external memory (if photo's and videos are your thing). Not to sure how award winning the picture quality will be though.
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #41 of 1,681
  Post a photo here 
biggrin.gif

Haha, I was one step ahead mate, here you go:

it has these menu options:

Preview
View paramiter
Switch to DV (whatever that means)
White balance
Brightness
Exposure mode
Special effect
Save path
Resolution
Self-timer
Shutter sound
Date stamp
Zoom (at the actual camera)

It's not bad mate! 

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #43 of 1,681
  Not bad, it's actually decent. 

That's in a room at night time. With some setting tweaking and a nice daylight ocean view you'll be receiving calls from National Geographic! 
tongue_smile.gif

I was expecting a lot of noise actually... Grain and late 1990's Nokia phone picture quality

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #44 of 1,681
What fun. Always exciting hearing a new sound signature. I will have to get my Aussie friend to bring one. THX. Great find.:)

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #45 of 1,681
Got back from a festival and first thing that I had to see on head-fi was this...
**** me -  29$-DAP, which can drive ER4S and Havi B3?! 
eek.gif

No international availability 
eek.gif
 -> 
frown.gif

Tonight I've been driving 100ohm Etymotic ER4S with Kogan no problem. Listening to London Grammar 'Hey Now' at a volume level of 26/31, remembering I listen quite loud I wouldn't need anymore volume personally. Also earlier full-size Shure SHR440 at a comfortable 15/31, Kogan didn't even flinch. Quite amusing the detail coming out with ER4S atm. ;p

How long did it last with the ER4S?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back