Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware
Nov 4, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #46 of 256
Nov 5, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #47 of 256
Amazon Music will still not stream tracks and for me there is still a problem with bluetooth connectivity.  Scanning a 200GB SD card started almost instantly and found 6709 tracks very quickly. In FW2.0 6736 tracks are found and in both cases the option to ignore short tracks is disabled

The track scan may be running quicker but it is not scanning to albums, all 6709 tracks have been categorized alphabetically. Selecting an album will show all its tracks but they will not play sequentially, after playing the first track the next to play will be the next alphabetically categorized track regardless of album. I have rescanned the SD card three times with the same result.
Folder play works correctly however FiiO music crashes periodically reporting an exception.

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #48 of 256
  I've just updated the first post in this thread with a slightly modified list of bugs/issues for the 3.0.6beta (the poll has now gone away, but I'll continue to take votes via posts on this thread and update the main list accordingly).

My experience so far with 3.0.6beta has been positive. While gapless playback still isn't an option in the FiiO music app (and I've heard no word of it being officially supported in FW3.0), the gap between tracks seems to have become vanishingly small by default. I still hear a small glitch/click, but gapless playback appears to be in much better shape than it was a few weeks ago. DSD playback is now working again for me! (If any of you have DSD files that still won't play, please PM me a link to your files.) The swipe up/down volume control in the FiiO music app seems to be responsive again. Yay! The heads-up display still fails to show about 50% of the time for me, but at least the volume does change. I haven't (yet) found any new bugs :)

The DSD files that i report and sent last week, continues to no sound output. One of the files sounds only for one time, no more.

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #49 of 256
I have more than  8500 files.  Scanning takes about 50 minutes and found about 6500. I too noticed no more delay before starting.

Nov 5, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #50 of 256
  I have more than  8500 files.  Scanning takes about 50 minutes and found about 6500. I too noticed no more delay before starting.

3.0.6, very little delay on scanning. 200gb sd scanned in 2mins. This sd has been in the player before and found as many tracks as before mixed dsd, flac and wav. I'll try the 1tb ssd tonight with the troublesome Spandau tracks.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #51 of 256
One new "feature" I've noticed in 3.0.6beta is that the FiiO music app crashes for files containing certain types of metadata. For example, Level 42's track "43" causes it to close with an error. Renaming the track title to 43, instead of "43" fixes this.

All my DSD files are now playing ok, but the last Dropbox link to your files seems to be broken, @JaviAI. Can you (and @JHutchins) please pm me working links to some of your files that won't play?

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #52 of 256
One new "feature" I've noticed in 3.0.6beta is that the FiiO music app crashes for files containing certain types of metadata. For example, Level 42's track "43" causes it to close with an error. Renaming the track title to 43, instead of "43" fixes this.

All my DSD files are now playing ok, but the last Dropbox link to your files seems to be broken, @JaviAI. Can you (and @JHutchins) please pm me working links to some of your files that won't play?

Done

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #53 of 256

The link to the album:
https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/f9ea76b0d6f79958cd501b6703917d6f20161105170019/721167aee9ed95ec5adfb09a4d41378220161105170019/67096e

This is the only DSD64 album that no sound output. I own more than 500 DSD64/128 albums and alls plays well.

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #54 of 256
My X7 is also having problems with your DSD files, @JaviAI. I'll try and see if I can figure out what's different about your DSD files to mine (which play ok).

@JHutchins, I see the problem with Amazon music. Curiously, downloaded music plays fine, as does streaming of tracks I've purchased from Amazon. Trying to stream other tracks causes the Amazon app to hang or crash. BTW, I 'm having no problems with Bluetooth. All my Bluetooth devices pair and play properly. What BT devices do you have? Have you tried resetting those devices, clearing them from the X7 and then re-pairing?

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #57 of 256
My X7 is also having problems with your DSD files, @JaviAI. I'll try and see if I can figure out what's different about your DSD files to mine (which play ok).

@JHutchins, I see the problem with Amazon music. Curiously, downloaded music plays fine, as does streaming of tracks I've purchased from Amazon. Trying to stream other tracks causes the Amazon app to hang or crash. BTW, I 'm having no problems with Bluetooth. All my Bluetooth devices pair and play properly. What BT devices do you have? Have you tried resetting those devices, clearing them from the X7 and then re-pairing?

Thanks for confirmation of the Amazon Music issue, was beginning to doubt my sanity! As for the BT issue it's hard to work out what is going on here. I use my Chord QBD 76 and Chord Hugo both of which pair and communicate in FW2.0, 3.0beta and 3.02beta. Later versions of the beta will allow pairing but no comma. I have cleared the pairings, reinstalled each version of FW and performed countless factory resets to no avail. I guess there is some incompatible change in the BT stack in later versions of the FW. My iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2 both communicate with the Chord devices perfectly.

Nov 6, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #58 of 256
Pink Floyd dark side of the moon DSD 5.1 CH SACD dff isn't working still

I also think you can't play 5.1 channel tracks on X7. A few months ago I posted a problem playing a DSD 5.6Mhz track on FiiO site forums and they asked if it was a multi-channel SACD because it wasn't supported (In fact it was a stereo).

My 2 cents

Nov 6, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #59 of 256
Thanks for confirmation of the Amazon Music issue, was beginning to doubt my sanity! As for the BT issue it's hard to work out what is going on here. I use my Chord QBD 76 and Chord Hugo both of which pair and communicate in FW2.0, 3.0beta and 3.02beta. Later versions of the beta will allow pairing but no comma. I have cleared the pairings, reinstalled each version of FW and performed countless factory resets to no avail. I guess there is some incompatible change in the BT stack in later versions of the FW. My iPhone 7 and iPad Air 2 both communicate with the Chord devices perfectly.

Amazon music is playng music I've purchased at Amazon in 3.0.6 without any problem and via aptex to Sennies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back