Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 16, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #64,051 of 64,271
Idk maybe its a problem with my pair of bt20xs, but comparing to my az09 pro bt20xs sounds way worse and also way bigger and less comfortable. Its like 128kbps mp3 compared to 320kbps. So i am personally not recommend anyone to buy those TRN.

edit:typo

I tried several older Bluetooth adaptors for my flush-mounted 2-pin port earbuds [old KZ models] and I tried the Kbear, the older gray KZ model, and the Bqezyz adaptors [all the kind with wires that hand off your neck] and all were ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE I'm talking loud hissing, channel imbalance, and muddy mids... then I realized that KZ still sold the original AZ09 in the old pin style instead of C-pin and WOW they are sooooooooo good. Almost as good as the much more expensive AZ20.

I want to share my experience with Bluetooth adapters, which I have a few. I have both the KZ AZ09 pro and TRN BT3S PRO and prefer the TRN over the KZ. Not only the TRN one sounds better with aptX-HD, which KZ AZ09 pro does not have (yes, this is the pro model and does not have aptX-HD), also, I found the AZ09 pro kind of a tag heavy or uncomfortable to wear, and felt awkward when pressing the button on the hook. The TRN with the wire on your neck makes it feel lighter to wear, also the volume control is a plus.

May 16, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #64,052 of 64,271
Is K Bear part of KZ?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! NZ$78.33 | KBEAR ZS10 1DD+4BA Metal Earphone HIFI In Ear Earbud With 0.78mm Cable Sport Game Music Monitor Sound Noise Reduction Headset
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0tnhGw

May 16, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #64,053 of 64,271
Is K Bear part of KZ?

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! NZ$78.33 | KBEAR ZS10 1DD+4BA Metal Earphone HIFI In Ear Earbud With 0.78mm Cable Sport Game Music Monitor Sound Noise Reduction Headset
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0tnhGw
No, KBear is its own clan with KBEar+Tri.

i also saw the ads for that misleading naming and have some laugh in facebook audio group.

May 16, 2024 at 4:23 AM Post #64,054 of 64,271
Idk maybe its a problem with my pair of bt20xs, but comparing to my az09 pro bt20xs sounds way worse and also way bigger and less comfortable. Its like 128kbps mp3 compared to 320kbps. So i am personally not recommend anyone to buy those TRN.

edit:typo

Yes, i own them too and i agree, but it's more noticeable with some IEMs than others.

Do you also have connection problems with BT20xs? That's the thing that drives me crazy the most with those.

May 16, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #64,056 of 64,271
I don't know if there is just some weird chemistry or what, but these Castors with Clarion tips and after market 4.4 cable are really really good, like my Ed5 and Ca1a and Susvara, EarSonics Onyx are all available to listen to, but here I am listening to these 15.00 iems with live albums and my jaw keeps dropping.

These aren't just good for the price these are up there with the best iems I've heard. Imo. And I'm not a Kz fan boy I was a fan of the original zsr the rest I've tried including some of the newer ones haven't impressed like this Castor Harmon Ed.

For me, the hype stands. The tuning, timbre, texture, massive soundstage, impeccable imaging, detail, layering are all high class. Ordered another just to have as a back up lol

Someone suggested I buy the Polaris as it was better, well not to my ears... Not even close imo

mmmm interesting read.

I'm was also a HUGE fan of the ZSRs and didnt find anything as pleasant until i got the KZ x HBB DQ6. Now when i go back to the ZSR, they sound similar, but more Box-y and muffled.

HBB smoothed out that annoying Chinese tuning of 2-4K peaks. There's still a bit sharpness in the mids with some tracks, but it's sharpness you'll get from 300$ full sized headphones as well, it's not low quality Chi-Fi shoutyness .

Might try the Castors as well. We ZSR fans gotta stick together. :smile:

May 16, 2024 at 5:20 AM Post #64,057 of 64,271
Yes, i own them too and i agree, but it's more noticeable with some IEMs than others.

Do you also have connection problems with BT20xs? That's the thing that drives me crazy the most with those.
Yes i have. even when im home i had drops all the time so i stopped using them

May 16, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #64,058 of 64,271
I use the the BT20pro. Rarely get drops though. When was using the XS I also don’t have much drops. Is it a case of phone? I used Iphone

May 16, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #64,060 of 64,271
Good to know i didnt get a special lemon. Kinda crossed off TRN as a company after this.
Well I'm trying to order the TRN Conch from Ali express and my orders keep getting returned to the warehouse for "shipping problems." Is there another official store to get them from? I could try Amazon but it's more expensive...

May 16, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #64,061 of 64,271
Well I'm trying to order the TRN Conch from Ali express and my orders keep getting returned to the warehouse for "shipping problems." Is there another official store to get them from? I could try Amazon but it's more expensive...

I'm seeing the Conch at Shenzhenaudio, HiFiGo and Linsoul for around the same price as on Aliexpress.

All around $30-$35.

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #64,062 of 64,271
Sorry to hear about your predicament. You could try shenzhenaudio, linsoul, hifigo etc.

/Edit See Mightybalzaq beat me to it lol. Anyway you don't see AE's sale discounts that often on other websites for some reasons, least not with the same frequency.

It's on offer there right now for $20

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #64,063 of 64,271
AliE's personalization engine has been improving. If you visit a few sets regularly and then pop the site open, it will often highlight a store with the lowest price. I've got an advert right now for Castor Bass @ 10 euros; earlier it was A16 Pro for 36 euro. I might crack on these A16s. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

May 16, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #64,064 of 64,271
Well I'm trying to order the TRN Conch from Ali express and my orders keep getting returned to the warehouse for "shipping problems."

Or just try another store. AliExpress is a federation of sellers and there's no guarantee between stores for consistent customer service, handling, and shipping. I've had fairly good experience with them to Europe; it's slow, but the items always manage to work through customs well enough and arrive via snail-mail. Some of these sellers really go out of their way to help you and will custom tailor your order or help with items they might have but aren't listed. Other sellers send almost nothing except the automated shipment tracking email and then you keep your fingers crossed until the item shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back