Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 15, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #64,021 of 64,373
regarding that marketing blurb on Bluetooth 5.0 vs 5.2
thats more of the old Bluetooth chip with older manufacturing method that is more power hungry
compared to the newer chip that uses smaller transistor and more efficient design.
while the number is a fair bit exaggerated, it is true that the newer gen could have more than 1~2 hour battery life with same battery size.

I can understand why the new chip is better, i just don't understand what it means for me if i got a Bluetooth 4.2 device. How many hours will i get?

I ran into the XZ10 by mistake yesterday. I find it a bit funny they changed the series name without telling anybody.
I dont think anyone is aware they even exist as the upgrade from AZ20 lol Empty Aliexpress comment sections.

I bought the TRN BT20XS and they have the most inconsistent connection iv'e experienced on ANY Bluetooth earphones ever. Kinda scared to spend 50$ on the XZ10s and get a similar experience.

May 15, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #64,022 of 64,373
I can understand why the new chip is better, i just don't understand what it means for me if i got a Bluetooth 4.2 device. How many hours will i get?

I ran into the XZ10 by mistake yesterday. I find it a bit funny they changed the series name without telling anybody.
I dont think anyone is aware they even exist as the upgrade from AZ20 lol Empty Aliexpress comment sections.

I bought the TRN BT20XS and they have the most inconsistent connection iv'e experienced on ANY Bluetooth earphones ever. Kinda scared to spend 50$ on the XZ10s and get a similar experience.
As far as i know, Its still going to have long hours.
because the bluetooth version matters less than the hardware that counts way more in battery life (the bluetooth chip, qualcomm something or realtek something).
its the fab used (14nm, 7nm, or lower) and hardware design.
but yeah, newer bluetooth version usually came with newer more efficient hardware

if you want a high end version of earhook dongle, there is moondrop evo with additional DAC chip per ear, but yeah its moondrop.
KZ one is expensive due to they used higher end Qualcomm chip.

personally, i would advice to just buy Fiio BTR15,
i use BTR5 and its been wonderful not to mention able to be used as laptop/desktop wired DAC.
but yeah the form factor is different.

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 6:18 AM Post #64,023 of 64,373
While y'all are here, I tossed a a pair of those ugly green AZ10 in my basket for my wife to use in low latency mode for tablet streaming. How much will I regret this? They were cheap - like 23 euro or something. 😅

May 15, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #64,024 of 64,373
While y'all are here, I tossed a a pair of those ugly green AZ10 in my basket for my wife to use in low latency mode for tablet streaming. How much will I regret this? They were cheap - like 23 euro or something. 😅

From what iv'e seen they dont use a qualcomm chip and its very difficult to know what chip they used (like with the TRN Bt20xs).
A red flag imo.

The AZ09 pro seems to be better and the AZ15 seem to be a newer, more solid choice with a similar price to az10.

May 15, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #64,025 of 64,373

I wouldn’t say they’re an upgrade from the AZ20… the XZ10 reverts back the old case and adaptor style that dates back to the original AZ09… which was vastly improved upon by the AZ20. 20 is sleeker, better button, easier to remove from case… but all models still have an issue where if you she a heavier IEM, they don’t always disconnect from Bluetooth when you put them in the charge case.

May 15, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #64,026 of 64,373
Got my Hydro today. Early impressions - very very good IEM, much better bass than Rhapsody, it is fast and not boomy. But i dont think its 3 times better than Trio, so considering the price Trio is the best CCA iem for me still.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #64,027 of 64,373
I wouldn’t say they’re an upgrade from the AZ20… the XZ10 reverts back the old case and adaptor style that dates back to the original AZ09… which was vastly improved upon by the AZ20. 20 is sleeker, better button, easier to remove from case… but all models still have an issue where if you she a heavier IEM, they don’t always disconnect from Bluetooth when you put them in the charge case.

XZ10 has the same chip + much longer battery time (6H vs 12H according to them) so that was my impression.

regarding the case - they seem very similar. The big question is which one is smaller, but unfortunatly there's no exact W x L x D dimensions specified :frowning2:

The big bummer with these adapters is they're not really pocket-able in regular pants.

May 15, 2024 at 8:05 AM Post #64,028 of 64,373
XZ10 has the same chip + much longer battery time (6H vs 12H according to them) so that was my impression.

regarding the case - they seem very similar. The big question is which one is smaller, but unfortunatly there's no exact W x L x D dimensions specified :frowning2:

The big bummer with these adapters is they're not really pocket-able in regular pants.
the case size is nearly identical. the 20 makes it much easier to take the earbuds out because part of the groove for the curved stem is cut away compared to the old design. also the button is rounded and much easier to push. As far as battery life, I have not severely tested either one, [supposedly the AZ09 has 50ma per earbud and the 20 has only 35?? Why the downgrade on the newer more expensive model? but in actuality, they both have VERY long lasting batteries because of the 80mah case.

May 15, 2024 at 8:34 AM Post #64,030 of 64,373
I was scratching my head a lot while comparing all of these lol

btw, TRN BT20xs costs 10$ and has 80mah per hook
KZ basically responding to their early TWS crappy quality and started to use more expensive but better qualcomm chips (and hopefully better battery and other hardware).
and they slowly moving to more higher end chips and it ended causing them to release a $60 version

very early version of KZ tws battery only last for nearly a year before dropping to less than an hour per charge.
the modern one fare much better.

May 15, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #64,031 of 64,373
I agree with him. Deeper insertion enhances the Trio quite a lot, in both details and treble extension. But I have to use 1100 setting.

1000004485.jpg
After seeing this i decided to cut one of my penon liquer tips. Fit is way better this way, not that much sticking out of ear and still good isolation. But i ordered pair of those azla's as well. Thank you for that picture

Attachments

• 20240515_172008.jpg
    20240515_172008.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
May 15, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #64,032 of 64,373
I was scratching my head a lot while comparing all of these lol

btw, TRN BT20xs costs 10$ and has 80mah per hook
Idk maybe its a problem with my pair of bt20xs, but comparing to my az09 pro bt20xs sounds way worse and also way bigger and less comfortable. Its like 128kbps mp3 compared to 320kbps. So i am personally not recommend anyone to buy those TRN.

edit:typo

May 15, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #64,034 of 64,373
Anyone know anything about the ES9318 DAC/AMP chip?

Sabre's pretty standard for a high quality DAC, but you can't rely on chip version alone. There are too many other factors in how it's implemented in the hardware that can make a DAC/Amp great, mediocre, or plain terrible. Best to look for reviews of a specific device with that chipset.

May 15, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #64,035 of 64,373
Sabre's pretty standard for a high quality DAC, but you can't rely on chip version alone. There are too many other factors in how it's implemented in the hardware that can make a DAC/Amp great, mediocre, or plain terrible. Best to look for reviews of a specific device with that chipset.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any reviews on the particular dongle on Aliexpress so I'll probably take a hard pass on it.

I do see where they have a really good deal on the F.Audio KS01 that I've seen pretty good reviews about so I'm seriously considering grabbing one before it goes out of stock as right now it's a good bit less $$$$ than the DC03 Pro or Dawn Pro that I was considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back