Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 10, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #63,736 of 63,884
I am surprised no one posted these yet.

1712768506980.png

Original CRA was very good and the CRA+ that followed was a decent offering but it had different tuning.

I am curious to what this will be like or if there will be a KZ variant.

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #63,737 of 63,884
Congrats for making another kilobuck killer!
Btw. did you open them to check the drivers and "zobel network"? I assume they are using exactly the same shells and drivers as PR2...
I didn't open until driver level but I assume they are using same driver for each PR series, just differences on tuning and dampers.
So far PR1 pro and PR3 have best tuning for modding to me (great treble extension)

I'm only interested in their in house planar iems nowadays.

They have a very capable driver in their hands, dare I say one of the best in the market. They just need to tune it well.

WHICH they already got close to with the PR2v1. But then they decided to destroy said progress in favor of streamlining production.

This kind of mentality has got to change.

I agree, the PR driver is very capable drivers, they just wrecked them with the tuning and dampers, too bad.

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #63,738 of 63,884
I didn't open until driver level but I assume they are using same driver for each PR series, just differences on tuning and dampers.
With the exception of the PR1 Pro which has a thicker driver

20221207_095054.jpg

20221207_094107.jpg

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #63,739 of 63,884

Original CRA was very good and the CRA+ that followed was a decent offering but it had different tuning.

Ooh kz using fancy membrane,

Where this info posted? Its not on facebook, their site, or discord?

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #63,740 of 63,884
Ooh kz using fancy membrane,

Where this info posted? Its not on facebook, their site, or discord?
Just make sure there's a space between CRA and PRO lol.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #63,742 of 63,884
I'm tempted by the ZS10 PRO 2 but I see the VZ10 on the kztws website and even though it's twice the price, it has 8 switches and the same driver configuration. Wonder if that's old tech now and how the new ZS10 would stack up against it.

Apr 11, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #63,743 of 63,884
I'm tempted by the ZS10 PRO 2 but I see the VZ10 on the kztws website and even though it's twice the price, it has 8 switches and the same driver configuration. Wonder if that's old tech now and how the new ZS10 would stack up against it.
From memory, the Joyodio VZ10 was not well received in older YouTube reviews from Akros and Paul Wasabii. At the time of its release I was tempted, but didn’t like the look of the published graphs and YT reviewer impressions. IMO, X number of switches are pointless if they don’t drastically alter the tonality for the better.

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #63,744 of 63,884
From memory, the Joyodio VZ10 was not well received in older YouTube reviews from Akros and Paul Wasabii. At the time of its release I was tempted, but didn’t like the look of the published graphs and YT reviewer impressions. IMO, X number of switches are pointless if they don’t drastically alter the tonality for the better.
Looking at KZ's published graphs, the VZ10 and the AS24's look surprisingly similar, but the AS24's switches look like they can modify the sound better.
Right now, my two favorites I own are the Symphony and the ZS6, both with very different tuning... I'm looking at the AS24, the new ZS10 PRO 2, and the VZ10, all of which seem to have similar frequency graphs. The ZS10 pro 2's switches seem to basically be to add more bass, but can't increase the treble. The Symphony and ZS6 both seem to have a peak at 10k hz, which I suspect is the type of treble boost I enjoy. So far, it seems like the AS24 might be the best of those three for me but I'm not sure... I'm looking for something between the Symphony (which has almost too much bass) and the ZS6 (which could use a tad more warmth even though I do NOT really find them sibilant like others do.)

Apr 11, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #63,745 of 63,884
Looking at KZ's published graphs, the VZ10 and the AS24's look surprisingly similar, but the AS24's switches look like they can modify the sound better.
Right now, my two favorites I own are the Symphony and the ZS6, both with very different tuning... I'm looking at the AS24, the new ZS10 PRO 2, and the VZ10, all of which seem to have similar frequency graphs. The ZS10 pro 2's switches seem to basically be to add more bass, but can't increase the treble. The Symphony and ZS6 both seem to have a peak at 10k hz, which I suspect is the type of treble boost I enjoy. So far, it seems like the AS24 might be the best of those three for me but I'm not sure... I'm looking for something between the Symphony (which has almost too much bass) and the ZS6 (which could use a tad more warmth even though I do NOT really find them sibilant like others do.)
I’ve been eying the AS24 as well, since as you said the switches seem to do more. I’ll have to give the Symphony a try if it’s discounted in the future. Graphs did not line up with my subjective impressions a few times (e.g. Lafitear LM1 - 1 DD, 1 MST/EST - major treble peaks)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #63,746 of 63,884
I’ve been eying the AS24 as well, since as you said the switches seem to do more. I’ll have to give the Symphony a try if it’s discounted in the future. Graphs did not line up with my subjective impressions a few times (e.g. Lafitear LM2 - major treble peaks)
The Symphony is only 58 on kztws.com and that's where I got it. honestly I like everything about it... it makes music sound more musical [my first time hearing a planar driver] but on some songs, the bass can be too much. I have them hooked up to the AZ20 bluetooth adaptor and usually run them on Full Power mode which makes them sound better but also gives them even more bass which is just too much haha.

Apr 12, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #63,747 of 63,884
Duplicate post

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 9:51 PM Post #63,749 of 63,884

1712768506980.png

This is exciting. Day 1 purchase for me. I love the CRA. So energetic with the ultra thin diaphragm driver, and great timbre. They paired great with SpringTips. Making sure to listen to them as I make this post. :beyersmile:

I even asked before when they would be utilizing this driver again. I'm excited to see continued development in this series. I'm all in.

Apr 13, 2024 at 2:56 AM Post #63,750 of 63,884
Sup guys! I've gotten a lot of great info from this thread and from this forum. It's been a very long time since I've posted or bought an iem and feel very much out of the loop.

My last iem purchase as crazy as this sounds was the CCA C10 in 2019. I liked them so much I just stopped collecting more iems. In 2019 I had about 10 pairs. Today due to varying circumstances I'm down to 3 iems. KZ ZS1, KZ ATR and finally the aforementioned CCA C10. The ZS1s are very special to me, love the bass. The 5 dollar ATRs I use when exercising or doing chores or working outside. The C10 has been my daily driver though for long music sessions mostly since 2019 and that speaks to their quality. Recently, the plastic housing covers keep popping off and I realized I need some type of glue to fix it and I finally should get around to buying a new iem.

Through some quick research (very quick just reading the past 3-5 pages of the thread) I should maybe give the CCA CRA PRO a try or possibly the KZ ZS10 Pro 2 a try.

Any suggestions for someone who loves the C10? Obviously I could buy another pair of C10s but I'd like to get a good super glue or something similar so the housing covers dont keep popping off and get some more use out of them :) But looking to treat myself as well. 75 USD budget.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back