Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 3, 2024 at 8:08 AM Post #63,691 of 63,916
Nice to hear that you have also ZAX! I think they are a true amazing iems!
I think so too! I started with the ZS10 Pro, then the ZS10 Pro X.
Currently, I have the Krila, the EDXS and the ZAX. But it is the ZAX that I use all the time. They sound great with every type of music genre.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #63,693 of 63,916
Hi guys,

Been out of the listening phase for a while now.
Going thru some of my stuff the last few weeks and ran
across my DAP and MP3 gear and some of my IEM/buds.

Charged my DX220 and my xduoo X20 and started some listening.

Didn't realise how much I missed all the listening pleasure,

As a result, I just purchased KZ PR1 Pro and also the Symphony,

Will be the first new IEM's in 2 years.
Reading about the models I purchased, I'm looking to be impressed (hopeful).

Will be my first planar and planar/dynamic.

Looking foreward to the experience.

Dave

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #63,694 of 63,916
I'm only interested in their in house planar iems nowadays.
At first I liked my PR3, but the more I used it (and I used it a lot), the more tiring it got - especially when I was getting more IEMs to compare it to.

Currently my favorite is probably AS16 Pro, I bought it as a gimmick to see what all-BAs are like, but turned out I really love it. Probably, because I can't decide between it and... ZVX. My ears just fell in love with these and I still find it unbelievable how cheap they are.

As for planar, I'm curious what KZ will bring out in the future. But given that for many people PR3 was just a re-release of PR2v2, it doesn't seem like they're going in the right direction.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #63,695 of 63,916
and... ZVX. My ears just fell in love with these and I still find it unbelievable how cheap they are.
Yes, i feel the same about ZVX. Very good iems

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:32 AM Post #63,696 of 63,916
Hi guys,

Been out of the listening phase for a while now.
Going thru some of my stuff the last few weeks and ran
across my DAP and MP3 gear and some of my IEM/buds.

Charged my DX220 and my xduoo X20 and started some listening.

Didn't realise how much I missed all the listening pleasure,

As a result, I just purchased KZ PR1 Pro and also the Symphony,

Will be the first new IEM's in 2 years.
Reading about the models I purchased, I'm looking to be impressed (hopeful).

Will be my first planar and planar/dynamic.

Looking foreward to the experience.

Dave
The Symphony sounds great with the Xduoo X20, just make sure you give it a long burn in, it really makes a difference. Also try it with a balanced cable which gives a bit more power.

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:55 AM Post #63,697 of 63,916
1000013467.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #63,698 of 63,916
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #63,699 of 63,916
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-04 at 11.45.59 AM.jpeg

AS16 Pro X arrived, initial impressions are very positive. Normal clarity tuning with high separation of instruments.

Apr 4, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #63,700 of 63,916
AP80 Pro X and ZS7. Nice! I have this combination and it's great.
We have one more DAP in common, haha. NWZ A15 and A17 were different only in the amount of built-in storage iirc

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #63,701 of 63,916
Update on AS16 Pro X: These are phenomenal, it is the best tuning KZ ever made at least for my ears. They arrived at the same time as my ARTTI T10 and I can't decide which one I like more. A quick summary of how they sound:
Bass: Extremely fast, good impact, not DD physical level and slighly sub bass roll off(not a problem for me). These are the most analytical bass I've seen.
Mids: Open and forward, they are clearly upper-mid's oriented and vocals(especially female) sound amazing. The low mids are lean as most KZ out there.
Trebble: Very detailed with sufficient quantity, they can be borderline shouty in the upper-mids but I'm very sensitive in this area so it can sound free from sibilance for others.

The closest match I can think of is my PR2v1, but without some of its problems. AS16 Pro X has:
-less subbass than PR2
-just a little bit more mid bass
-more upper-mids
-less overall trebble and extension(thank god as I disliked very much PR2 cymbals splash). They still sound airy though.

One last thing, in the box it says 32Ω, and KZ is advertising as 19Ω. It might be a printer error or some KZ shady stuff, I personally don't care as these sound almost perfect to me, but it's something to keep in mind as KZ is not selling them directly yet.

Apr 6, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #63,702 of 63,916
One last thing, in the box it says 32Ω, and KZ is advertising as 19Ω. It might be a printer error or some KZ shady stuff, I personally don't care as these sound almost perfect to me, but it's something to keep in mind as KZ is not selling them directly yet.
Their product page refers to the EDX series and KZ EDX Pro X as well so it might need some updating. The box is probably right.

Thanks for your thoughts on this set, it peaked my interest.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #63,703 of 63,916
Xduoo X20 > NICE HCK Black Cat > CCA Trio. You can almost see the cigarette smoke!

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #63,704 of 63,916
Xduoo X20 > NICE HCK Black Cat > CCA Trio. You can almost see the cigarette smoke!

Ey, I also pair trio with black cat. Such a heavy pairing, making both feel “premium”

Apr 6, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #63,705 of 63,916
Ey, I also pair trio with black cat. Such a heavy pairing, making both feel “premium”
Black Cat also works well with PR3 and Symphony

Users who are viewing this thread

Back