Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 5, 2024 at 11:21 AM Post #63,497 of 64,192
So far I think the EDX Pro X is an upgrade in terms of treble presentation compared to EDX Ultra both using JVC Spiral Dot Eartips: not grainy, metallic, sufficient air and sparkle, not as biting
Thank you so much for your reporting. I love the EDX Ultra and it sounds like the Pro X are sufficiently different enough to justify a purchase. Look at this price I got bro.
So far I think the EDX Pro X is an upgrade in terms of treble presentation compared to EDX Ultra both using JVC Spiral Dot Eartips: not grainy, metallic, sufficient air and sparkle, not as biting
Thanks! I love the EDX Ultra, they have Pro X for sub $7 on AliExpress Choice so I just purchased.
1707150063838.png

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #63,499 of 64,192
So far I certainly prefer the Trio to the Castor Harman, it is more refined, has better timbre and the technicalities are also improved. The treble is very well tuned and is more extended and detailed.

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #63,500 of 64,192
Rhapsody just arrived. Using them with the Tanchjim one DSP cable.
Very coherent. Laid back. Fuller sounding than the zs10 pro X. Everything sounds in the right place is the only way I can explain it. So laid back it's effortless.
KZ is on a roll.
The castor Harman and zsn pro 2 were both really good sets. I prefer the zsn pro 2 of those two. Excellent stage and driver.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #63,502 of 64,192
It's like Gillette's razor cartridges. Soon we'll have the KZ AS-256 with 400-gram, 8cm ear pieces.
I'd like for this to be a joke but I've got a feeling that's not entirely off the table, eventually

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #63,503 of 64,192
To anyone that has tried the Trio:

Which is the best one now in terms of details and soundstage (if you prefer a Harman-ish sound signature) out of the Castor Bass (or Harman), Rhapsody or Trio?
Haven't got the Trio yet, but for me and my ears the Rhapsody is way better than both Castors. Using Rhapsody with Tang Sancai tips, tamed the bass to my liking. Trio looks very interesting though. Will probably buy it, gotta catch em all...

Feb 11, 2024 at 9:05 AM Post #63,507 of 64,192
Hi everyone, I have just bought the castor bass version. Please can someone kindly link a 500 mesh filter to tame the treble peaks? Thank you

Nylon filter like mesh500 isnt to tame trebles.

Blockage or small pores nylon affecting 2-5khz more or high mids and presence region.

Foam, the bigger the density is taming lower trebles until upper trebles & extension.

But in this case, castor is need mesh500 to reduce highmids area like my mod, not trebles. Trebles on castor is just fine and they dont have so good extension more over too much extension, dont kill the extension.

And dont forget to pinch a tiny hole with tiny needle or small safety pin for bass airflow oe else, bass will be bloated inside

Feb 11, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #63,508 of 64,192
Nylon filter like mesh500 isnt to tame trebles.

Blockage or small pores nylon affecting 2-5khz more or high mids and presence region.

Foam, the bigger the density is taming lower trebles until upper trebles & extension.

But in this case, castor is need mesh500 to reduce highmids area like my mod, not trebles. Trebles on castor is just fine and they dont have so good extension more over too much extension, dont kill the extension.

And dont forget to pinch a tiny hole with tiny needle or small safety pin for bass airflow oe else, bass will be bloated inside
OK thank you very much, so for castor only the mesh filter is necessary, understood.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 3:17 AM Post #63,509 of 64,192

Users who are viewing this thread

Back