Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 22, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #63,407 of 63,936
Most of people say kz pr3 is bad pr2 was better what do you think about it?
I have not heard the PR2, sorry, the PR3 is the first single planar I have.

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #63,408 of 63,936
If we grab PR2 initial version it is 100% more enjoyable due to tamed treble. Also there is driver flex on pr3 which i dont have on my pr2. PR3 overall is very bright and too thin for my tastes.
But i believe PR2 v2 is pretty close to PR3, correct me if i wrong.

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #63,409 of 63,936

If we grab PR2 initial version it is 100% more enjoyable due to tamed treble. Also there is driver flex on pr3 which i dont have on my pr2. PR3 overall is very bright and too thin for my tastes.
But i believe PR2 v2 is pretty close to PR3, correct me if i wrong.
O yeah. I had all versions of PR1 (liked the balanced, but sold all); had both version of PR2 (kept the v1 but sold the v2) and had the PR3 (which was very similar to PR2v2). PR2v2 and PR3 had too much treble (and I do not count myself treble sensitive).

The PR2v1 lives on AZ09Pro and used only for walking and cooking (quite good; sure, volume close to the max but enough) ; otherwise I use other IEMs: my absolute favourite Hidizs MP145; Raptgo Hook X green; Moondrop Aria2; rarely Tangzu Zetian Wu OG and NiceHCK F1 Pro.

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #63,410 of 63,936
My score is 19 KZ and 13 CCA. BA10, ZS7, PR3, Castor and Krila are my favourite KZs. CKX is my choice from CCA.
I have 19 KZ and 9 CCA. I need 4 more CCA to catch you :k701smile:

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #63,411 of 63,936
Surprise for the Chinese New Year! Loaded with holiday gifts🎁, KZ invites everyone to experience the rich Chinese New Year ceremony together. Lucky users will also receive New Year "red envelopes." 🧧🧧🧧 Many Spring Festival red envelopes are waiting for you. #CCA3DD

👉Link to order it : https://www.kztws.com/products/cca-legendary-3dd-iem

👏The rare 3DD dynamic earphones make a stunning debut. The 3DD dynamic driver released this time is believed to have the chance to become the new benchmark for dynamic drivers in the whole industry. 👑Compared to any form of dynamic earphones in the entire industry, whether single or 2DD dynamic drivers, the CCA 3DD IEM is expected to become a legendary presence.

👉In terms of the combination and crossover of dynamic driver units, the two dynamic driver units of the CCA 3DD IEM are responsible for the Bass and Sub-bass ranges, while the last dynamic driver is responsible for the high-frequency and ultra-high-frequency ranges. In comparison to conventional single dynamic drivers, traditional dynamic drivers or dual dynamic drivers need to compress the low-frequency to highlight the mid-to-high frequencies. The CCA 3DD IEM uses a three-driver crossover design, with each driver unit responsible for one frequency range, ensuring no interference and maintaining the coloration of the three frequencies.

👉In terms of acoustic structure, compared to traditional molded earphones, which are often cumbersome to produce with low consistency in handmade products and difficult to meet complex structural design requirements, the CCA 3DD IEM adopts a 3D printed inner support combined with mold forming design. This design perfectly solves the complex requirements for acoustic structure. The high-precision 25-micron DLP 3D printed inner support ensures higher production consistency for irregular constructions, smaller tolerances, precise transmission, and stability in quality due to reduced use of glue.
微信图片_20240118173810.jpg
CCA盲盒海报初始化750X1000.jpg
微信图片_20240118180044.jpg
微信图片_20240118180048.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #63,412 of 63,936
True V signature. No midrange at all.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #63,413 of 63,936
💡
Has the Hybrid truly reached its pinnacle, or is it using dynamic drivers to cover design flaws
❓

In today's IEM market, there are numerous choices, and when it comes up Balanced Armature (BA) and Dynamic Driver (DD), these drivers are likely familiar to everyone. They are the most common drivers found in in-ear monitors, with Hybrid earphones being the most popular but also contentious option.
Hybrid earphones consist of acoustic hardware, like dynamic driver and balanced armature. Typically, dynamic driver handle mid-to-low-frequency output, while balanced armature take care of high and ultra-high-frequency output. This combination aims to achieve high-performance sound output across the entire frequency range.
🎼

👉
Compared with dynamic driver earphones, hybrid earphones inherently possess advantages, excelling in both low and high frequencies, surpassing the limitations of traditional dynamic driver earphones. Single dynamic driver earphones struggle to deliver optimal performance across all frequency response, leading to issues such as insufficient high or low frequencies. This is primarily due to the inherent structural disadvantages of dynamic drivers. Hybrid drivers effectively combine the strengths of both types.
🎉
For example, there is CCA Rhapsody, a 2DD+4BA Hybrid IEM. With dual dynamic drivers, the bass is full-bodied, textured, and layered; Adding four balanced armature results in warm mid-frequencies, creating a balanced and smooth overall sound. They provide satisfyingly controlled low frequencies, crisp high frequencies, and a warm sound. Moreover, users can tune easily according to their taste using switches. Considering the relatively lower price, fans who love Hybrid earphones should definitely have a try.https://www.kztws.com/products/cca-rhapsody
1706004007197.png

1706004028148.png

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #63,414 of 63,936
@baskingshark thank you for posting that!! Would it be possible for you to post an image of DDDD, UDDD, UUDD, and DUDD, and a second image of DDDD, DDUD, DDUU, and DDDU? It’s hard to make out the individual measurements in the image with all the plots.

Here you go

1.jpg

2.jpg

As you can see, there are some almost identical graphs, so not all the tuning switches are giving substantial changes in tonality.

Suffice to say, we are getting around an 8 dB or so difference in bass to the lower mids amongst the most extreme of the 16 tuning permutations.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #63,416 of 63,936
Finally got the DQ6 HBB edition

Before i got them i kinda regretted ordering them. Seemed like an impulse buy for a gimmicky product with weird "online scandals" surrounding it.

BOY WAS I WRONG

HBB and kz did a great job on these. For the 12$ i paid for them these are a steal and are EASILY better than both the CA16PRO and Tin's T3 plus.

Finally a Chi-Fi IEM with well tuned 1.5KHZ-5KHZ !! If you are sensitive to shoutyness/Shrillness in these areas like me then these are a must buy. They sound great even with no EQ (although EQ refines them even more).

I was shocked how they dealt with very challenging bright uplifting trance records in my library .

They are also INSANELY efficient. 16/100 volume on my headstreamer is enough.

I dont care about what they did inside those, i dont care if only 1DD is working and the others dont work but happen to block air at the perfect angle, i dont care i these are a funny accident.

I'm probably buying another pair. Not doing the same mistake as i did when i didnt get another ZSR v1 when i could.

They are worthy of a good review. Hope ill get to writing one.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #63,418 of 63,936
Finally got the DQ6 HBB edition

Before i got them i kinda regretted ordering them. Seemed like an impulse buy for a gimmicky product with weird "online scandals" surrounding it.

BOY WAS I WRONG

HBB and kz did a great job on these. For the 12$ i paid for them these are a steal and are EASILY better than both the CA16PRO and Tin's T3 plus.

Finally a Chi-Fi IEM with well tuned 1.5KHZ-5KHZ !! If you are sensitive to shoutyness/Shrillness in these areas like me then these are a must buy. They sound great even with no EQ (although EQ refines them even more).

I was shocked how they dealt with very challenging bright uplifting trance records in my library .

They are also INSANELY efficient. 16/100 volume on my headstreamer is enough.

I dont care about what they did inside those, i dont care if only 1DD is working and the others dont work but happen to block air at the perfect angle, i dont care i these are a funny accident.

I'm probably buying another pair. Not doing the same mistake as i did when i didnt get another ZSR v1 when i could.

They are worthy of a good review. Hope ill get to writing one.
HBB tuning attempt on KZ are usually good
its just KZ production either f*cks with its QC or the mass produce model did not adhere to the FR target (then bitch that enthusiast and their peasants uncalibrated 711 are wrong).

the odd thing about KZ is that they have some highly praised tuning on their budget model (things like LingLong, Eda-Bal, and some others)
and somehow choose didn't to continue that tuning with better drivers or more drivers.
the often fudge the tuning a fair bit and called them "continuation" of it, despite multiple external reviewer noted that they are not in the same tuning target.

---
it need driver that do the tuning justice.
when i got it, its crazy how easy to listen to nearly every part of the music with this.

1706148856115.png

and a fun one

1706149049171.png

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:56 PM Post #63,419 of 63,936
I have been using my KZ ZSN PRO 2 for a week now. I enjoy them only with Spinfit CP155 eartips: treble is bright but does not linger (transients seem to decay faster) as long compared to other eartips I have tried. It might all just be placebo since measurments on my MiniDSP rig don't show a huge difference in FR.

KZ ZSN PRO 2 with Spinfit CP155 Eartips.jpg

KZ ZSN PRO 2 with Starline Eartips.jpg

KZ ZSN PRO 2 with Starline Eartips (Orange) VS CP155 Eartips (Blue).jpg

Here a quick comparison with my KZ EDA Bass.

KZ ZSN PRO with CP155 Eartips (Yellow) and KZ EDA Bass with Starline Eartips (Red) and JVC Spi...jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #63,420 of 63,936
HBB tuning attempt on KZ are usually good
its just KZ production either f*cks with its QC or the mass produce model did not adhere to the FR target (then bitch that enthusiast and their peasants uncalibrated 711 are wrong).

the odd thing about KZ is that they have some highly praised tuning on their budget model (things like LingLong, Eda-Bal, and some others)
and somehow choose didn't to continue that tuning with better drivers or more drivers.
the often fudge the tuning a fair bit and called them "continuation" of it, despite multiple external reviewer noted that they are not in the same tuning target.

---
it need driver that do the tuning justice.
when i got it, its crazy how easy to listen to nearly every part of the music with this.

and a fun one

Regarding QC, i use to sell a lot of AKG and Audio Technica IEMs. I dont think their QC was much better than KZ. I dealt with returns literally everyday.

For the life of me i dont understand Chinese tuning stubbornness. Cheap drivers cant produce mids at a very high level, yet they usually insist on BOOSTING instead of tuning down that area and then you get a shouty IEM every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back