Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 24, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #59,897 of 64,165

what cable is that? doesn't look like a QDC
It's a standard .78mm 2-pin Tripowin Zonie. I have just about every color they make in different 2.5mm & 3.5mm jack configurations.

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:45 AM Post #59,898 of 64,165
For me it's the complete lack of any reviews or even rumours of someone who's listened to it, that is giving me pause. There will be further sales down the road, so I can take it as a test to my willpower to resist FOMO. :D
Yep, I’m happily waiting (and listening to my existing gear) :)

Aug 24, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #59,900 of 64,165
Picking up 2 KZ Earphones, what would people say are the best to go for?

A lot of people seem to be happy with the AS16 Pro especially with the discounts right now. Personally, I haven't heard them.

I would also include their sister company, CCA in your search.

It really depends on what you're looking for. KZ - CCA have kind of wide range of tunings now even though its more of the V-Shaped sound.

If you're not interesting in modding or using aftermarket tips/cables, I'd rec either the CCA CRA or the CRA+, for overall best bargain that I've heard from KZ/CCA. I have the CRA but I've modded it, haven't heard the CRA+. The stock cable and stock eartips are very good for the sound and don't really need aftermarket stuff to get the best sound out of them unless you're having fit issues or you have a balanced source and you want to take advantage of it (not really necessary though). They're also pretty sensitive and not really source-dependent either, so they sound very good out of a smartphone or a simple Apple USB dongle.

Others that I really like:
  1. ZS7 - unavailable now
  2. C12 - basshead v-shaped, needs aftermarket tips and cable imo
  3. ZS10 Pro - gritty moderate v-shaped that's great for strings/electric guitar music, needs aftermarket tips and cables imo

Aug 24, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #59,901 of 64,165
The KZ AS16 might be the best all-BA IEM from KZ yet. It has a warm, balanced sound and nice tight bass. But there's just one thing missing. Check out my full review to learn more.

This matches my experience with them exactly.

One of the things I really enjoy about recorded music is being able to hear all those treble microdetails, so the AS16 Pro isn't going to be my daily driver, but they sound really good, especially for the money.

KZ is really on a roll lately (DQ6, CRA+, CRN were all fantastic). I almost want to blind purchase their planar just based on the string of hits.

Aug 24, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #59,902 of 64,165
A lot of people seem to be happy with the AS16 Pro especially with the discounts right now. Personally, I haven't heard them.

I would also include their sister company, CCA in your search.

It really depends on what you're looking for. KZ - CCA have kind of wide range of tunings now even though its more of the V-Shaped sound.

If you're not interesting in modding or using aftermarket tips/cables, I'd rec either the CCA CRA or the CRA+, for overall best bargain that I've heard from KZ/CCA. I have the CRA but I've modded it, haven't heard the CRA+. The stock cable and stock eartips are very good for the sound and don't really need aftermarket stuff to get the best sound out of them unless you're having fit issues or you have a balanced source and you want to take advantage of it (not really necessary though). They're also pretty sensitive and not really source-dependent either, so they sound very good out of a smartphone or a simple Apple USB dongle.

Others that I really like:
  1. ZS7 - unavailable now
  2. C12 - basshead v-shaped, needs aftermarket tips and cable imo
  3. ZS10 Pro - gritty moderate v-shaped that's great for strings/electric guitar music, needs aftermarket tips and cables imo
there is this on CCA front,
1. CCA CA16 or CCA CKX (multi hybrids for details, one have warm vocals, the other have good details and good bass)
2. CCA Lyra, (a kz/cca house harman sets, to some EDA balanced refinement. competitor of the best within sub $20)
3. KZ AS16Pro (the latest multi BA iem pretty decent iem on its own, will be abit better with impedance adaptor)

CA16 and CKX comes highly recommended but due to its pricing, it face and some deemed it to felll short (something about its tone apparently) against Mid-fi mainstays budget offering.
There is also upcoming PLA13 (planar)

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #59,903 of 64,165
This matches my experience with them exactly.

One of the things I really enjoy about recorded music is being able to hear all those treble microdetails, so the AS16 Pro isn't going to be my daily driver, but they sound really good, especially for the money.

KZ is really on a roll lately (DQ6, CRA+, CRN were all fantastic). I almost want to blind purchase their planar just based on the string of hits.
Yeah, I totally agree. They're light on details but KZ nailed the tonality on these. Even the new VSX TWS sounds surprisingly good too (review coming soon).

Aug 25, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #59,905 of 64,165
IMG_20220825_150731.jpg

with the kz gold silver copper mixed cable.

Aug 25, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #59,907 of 64,165
AS16 Pro isn't going to be my daily driver, but they sound really good, especially for the money

a lot of lows, bright and crooked mids that clog the entire range up to highs. Why spend money on this at all? There are cheaper CCA with the same crooked sound. I do not understand such statements at all. Normal for this money. Or maybe not worth it at all? 50 bucks is 50 bucks

I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things (с)

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:23 AM Post #59,908 of 64,165
a lot of lows, bright and crooked mids that clog the entire range up to highs. Why spend money on this at all? There are cheaper CCA with the same crooked sound. I do not understand such statements at all. Normal for this money. Or maybe not worth it at all? 50 bucks is 50 bucks

I'm not rich enough to buy cheap things (с)
Have you got the KZ AS 16 Pro?

Aug 25, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #59,909 of 64,165

Users who are viewing this thread

Back