Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 9, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #58,741 of 63,897
EST drivers sound like especially peaky BAs. This was my exp with Shuoer IEMs. I don't really see the point.
Are you referring to the Tape driver? Cuz that aint an EST, thats an MST and its actually supposedly the same as in the CRN according to Crin.

Source:
1646834637028.png

https://crinacle.com/2022/03/07/the-crn-kz-situation/

1646834711074.png

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-first-magneto-static-earphone-hpsd-e70#/

Mar 9, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #58,742 of 63,897
Just to add, another sure win formula for sales = put waifu anime babe packaging LOL.

lol - especially waifu! the absence of waifu was a big reason I've stuck to trying new KZ units. My wife would never stop making fun of me. I'd have to immediately destroy the box and find a way to conceal my shame after admitting to another purchase.

Sorry to hear that, buddy. The drugs are working, though, amirite?

Sorry to disappoint, but no. LOL

Mar 9, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #58,743 of 63,897
BA10, AS12, ASX. ZS6, QT2, ZS7
ZSX, DQ6, ZEXpro, AS10, CCA CRA, CCA CA16

€ 96,83 60%de DESCUENTO | KZ ASX-auriculares con micrófono, dispositivo de audio estéreo deportivo con graves de alta fidelidad, Monitor de oído equilibrado, con cancelación de ruido, 20 unidades
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vor071

I get them on preorder and preIOSS for around 60€
THX, just tossed a pair of those babies into my current AliEx cart :grin: I'll see what kind of challenge these give my HQ12's :thinking:

So is/are the ASX's one of the multi BA's you were finding with some glued shut ports on the BA's?

That's it, you guys are forcing me to change my Avi again :rolling_eyes: (My 7 year old Grandson is hooked on Dragonball Z and after his last birthday my wallet knows first hand) :scream:

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #58,744 of 63,897
THX, just tossed a pair of those babies into my current AliEx cart :grin: I'll see what kind of challenge these give my HQ12's :thinking:

So is/are the ASX's one of the multi BA's you were finding with some glued shut ports on the BA's?

That's it, you guys are forcing me to change my Avi again :rolling_eyes: (My 7 year old Grandson is hooked on Dragonball Z and after his last birthday my wallet knows first hand) :scream:
ASX not been analysed yet, so nobody knows...

I would recommend another brands for the actual price of the ASX

Mar 9, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #58,746 of 63,897
ASX not been analysed yet, so nobody knows...

I would recommend another brands for the actual price of the ASX
So how do you compare the BA10 to ASX? I'm curious how doubling the driver count sounds especially with all those driver upgrades.

Mar 9, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #58,747 of 63,897
So how do you compare the BA10 to ASX? I'm curious how doubling the driver count sounds especially with all those driver upgrades.
BA10 is the best BA ever made under 100€.

ASX is bulky, and u need a nice pair of foam tips to give them some coherence.
For 90€ is a big NO.

If u want to spend some money, try some Nf Audio NA2, Tin hifi 4, for example.

Mar 9, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #58,749 of 63,897
I carried them today to my job.

Setup is BTR3K, Kbear Rhyme 2.5 cable and kbear silicone white tips (open)
I usually play with foam tips on BA-only iems, but I wanna try them without enhanced bass, so these are my impressions:
-Comparing with BA10, that I assume is a W-shape iem, these AS12 are less miss bassy and more sub-bass, but still having that W-shape setup to my ears
-The upper mids are cleary pushed up, making the higg frecuencies a little bit relaxed
- BA10 and ASX are a little vit funnier or vibrant, this is more neutral.

To clarify, I tried expensives BA-only iems, and KZ ones still having an unique tonality, no matter how many of the 6ba per side are really working (maybe 3?)

And the holographic presentation and layering still surprise me, still hard to believe that sny of them are dummies...

EDIT. My playlist is electronic focused. Right now im playing this album

https://tidal.com/album/157152447
Thanks for the impressions.

I think all of the BAs in the AS12 should be functional. They are configured into 3 pairs (2 bass, 2 mids, 2 treble BAs), so if each of the 3 types of BAs are working, then they should all be working. I will try to confirm this when I get my AS12.

Mar 9, 2022 at 11:40 PM Post #58,751 of 63,897
I'm rethinking this whole silly hobby now. If the most popular reviewers can't tell if they are listening to one driver or multiple drivers, then what reason is there to ever have more than one driver? Prior to this happening I was also always wondering how a reviewer could go on & on about a fancy $500 IEM, and then people would buy them and quite a few wouldn't even like them. I always thought if I bought a $500 IEM it would blow me away, but now I don't think that at all.

I really don't think even the most popular reviewers could tell the difference between a $50 IEM and a $500 IEM if it was a blind test. This is kind of a silly hobby. Once you have an IEM that plays your music without any glaringly obvious flaws then there's really nowhere else to go. You're done. That's it. You've reached the limitation of what an IEM can do. There's no more magic left in the bottle!

Let me go see what's on AliExpress now. Since my DQ6 only has one working driver, I feel like I need to find a replacement.

Mar 10, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #58,752 of 63,897
I'm rethinking this whole silly hobby now. If the most popular reviewers can't tell if they are listening to one driver or multiple drivers, then what reason is there to ever have more than one driver? Prior to this happening I was also always wondering how a reviewer could go on & on about a fancy $500 IEM, and then people would buy them and quite a few wouldn't even like them. I always thought if I bought a $500 IEM it would blow me away, but now I don't think that at all.

I really don't think even the most popular reviewers could tell the difference between a $50 IEM and a $500 IEM if it was a blind test. This is kind of a silly hobby. Once you have an IEM that plays your music without any glaringly obvious flaws then there's really nowhere else to go. You're done. That's it. You've reached the limitation of what an IEM can do. There's no more magic left in the bottle!

Let me go see what's on AliExpress now. Since my DQ6 only has one working driver, I feel like I need to find a replacement.
I think the same. I have auditioned over a hundred of them, the more expensive and cheaper ones, and I have always been amazed at the impact of expectations. Unfortunately, even the most expensive in-ear headphones still have disadvantages (sharp treble, lack of coherence, etc.), so often are the cheaper ones. The range from $ 15 to $ 500 is very blurred in itself, going over 1k is not worth. I think that a blind test in most cases in this price range would not be able to verify the quality. Eventually, I doubted the merits of creating descriptions of these subtle sensations. I have Dunu Est112 but I don't think they are outstanding headphones. It does a lot, and maybe even does the adaptation process - "warming up" in the brain. At last.. Dunu were for me somewhat better then very mediocre Moondrop Blessing2.. Game starts again when excitation falls...

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #58,754 of 63,897

Think about people who chat about the differences about cables.
Or the ones who use salad words to write about an iem.

This hobby is not so hard to understand, u dont need golden ears to appreciate the quality of a product, just need to enjoy music with them.

Im on the same boat than u, I start on this hobby with a Sennheiser 598 and kz Ba10, after 2 years my collection grows, and u know what? It almost didn't make a difference.

Yeah, aryas got an impressive stage, the musicality of the aeon flow is nice, the details on the tri starlight are insane...
But they sound sometimes unnatural because they are trying to be special.

Just enjoy music, try and test...

PD. Now the reviewers are worried about the quality of the produxt with her names on it... And after all this problems one of them starts to open them and make some test... Why didnt make it before the launch?

Mar 10, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #58,755 of 63,897
PD. Now the reviewers are worried about the quality of the produxt with her names on it... And after all this problems one of them starts to open them and make some test... Why didnt make it before the launch?
Very good question indeed! I think it tells how little they are involved in the tuning and production processes. I mean, as if they didn't even know what's really inside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back