Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 28, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #58,396 of 63,939
You really think there will be both? Pay for both licenses? AptX Loseless is quite close so think that will start to show up more and more and I think a KZ will just go with that esp. since it is more battery friendly than LDAC.
Lol KZ themselves don't advertise the AZ09 pro being able to use AptX adaptive. I found it by accident when I was pairing my AZ09 pro to AE bluetooth adapter that I originally bought for my Fiio UTWS5. And to my surprise, it connected with AptX adaptive.

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #58,397 of 63,939
Lol KZ themselves don't advertise the AZ09 pro being able to use AptX adaptive. I found it by accident when I was pairing my AZ09 pro to AE bluetooth adapter that I originally bought for my Fiio UTWS5. And to my surprise, it connected with AptX adaptive.
Yep, I know it does adaptive but saying I highly doubt they would do LDAC and really really highly doubt both aptX codecs and LDAC together. Plenty of things that transmit but on the receiving end the codec list is never as long. :)

Jan 28, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #58,398 of 63,939
Yep, I know it does adaptive but saying I highly doubt they would do LDAC and really really highly doubt both aptX codecs and LDAC together. Plenty of things that transmit but on the receiving end the codec list is never as long. :)
Even on expensive TWS, there are rarely that do both AptX and LDAC together.

Jan 29, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #58,399 of 63,939
Hi, I am trying to make an IEM purchase and would love some recommendations:

- Looking for V-shaped with good sub-bass extension and impact, as well as upper treble detail and air. For context, fullsize fostex headphones are my fav.
- Comfort is important
- Needs to have a mic cable option
- I prefer straight down but I can do over ear also
- Will likely aftermarket foam tips

- IEMs I have had in the past are DUNU DN-1000 which were great with comply foamies. I also had KZ ZS6 which I didn't like due to lack of sub-bass and too much treble but the detail was great.

I am thinking of trying KZ ZS10 Pro now, anything else better I should try? Thanks!

Jan 29, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #58,400 of 63,939
My Zs-10 (non pro) after more than 2 years are still pleasing me in my jogging sessions, about 3 times a week withstanding rain and sweat. They outperform all previous IEMs I used for jogging, that last about one year each. Monster Victory, Westone Adv Alpha, V-moda Forza. All built specifically for workout, sweat proof etc., unlike Zs-10, cost 6-7 times more than the KZ, with a similar sound quality. Well, well done KZ!

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #58,402 of 63,939
My Zs-10 (non pro) after more than 2 years are still pleasing me in my jogging sessions, about 3 times a week withstanding rain and sweat. They outperform all previous IEMs I used for jogging, that last about one year each. Monster Victory, Westone Adv Alpha, V-moda Forza. All built specifically for workout, sweat proof etc., unlike Zs-10, cost 6-7 times than the KZ, with a similar sound quality. Well, well done KZ!
That's a true audiophile love story. :wink:

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #58,404 of 63,939
My CRA finally arrived today. To say I'm impressed is an understatement. How are these only 1 driver? Love them so far!

Can anyone explain the DQ6s? I loved my DQ6....
What are your impression comparing to DQ6 which i love too?

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:41 AM Post #58,405 of 63,939
CRA is DQ6 but better in almost everything, i guess. Expect bass is slower than CRA (could be a con), more dynamic than CRA and the timbre is more neutral/analogue compare to clean sounding of CRA. DQ6 have 8k peak and 2k peak while CRA have 5k peak and 12-13k peak. I think if you like treble you will like CRA

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 8:03 AM Post #58,406 of 63,939
I have an opposite opinion.
While CRA are great for its price, and I do like the shells, to my ears DQ6 are better, and ZAX are notably better (othen than DD and the low end, there CRA beat DQ6 notably and ZAX by far).
CRA are overhyped a bit at the moment, there will be another IEM flavour of the week/month when KZ will start to use this DD in other designs.

Jan 30, 2022 at 8:05 AM Post #58,407 of 63,939
I can add that ordered a bunch of CRA to give as presents, but based on price and design.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #58,408 of 63,939
While CRA are great for its price, and I do like the shells, to my ears DQ6 are better, and ZAX are notably better (othen than DD and the low end, there CRA beat DQ6 notably and ZAX by far).
CRA are overhyped a bit at the moment, there will be another IEM flavour of the week/month when KZ will start to use this DD in other designs.
Well there is only one reason, because we all asian !

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #58,409 of 63,939
Well there is only one reason, because we all asian !
I would not agree easily, I really like KZ V-shape in general, and AS16, that are not generally popular with its treble boost, are one of my favourite IEMs.
CRA sound brittle to me, some mids feel thin and coupled with the 5K boost that does not work for me (I do use wide-bore tips and do have a seal etc to refute the "dismissal of antihype"

P. S. Are CRA great for $12 - absolutely!
Do they beat everything under $50 or even $25 - definitely, no to me.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #58,410 of 63,939
Right now i'm in weird state of CRA is pretty damn good for me, but it didn't still click with me.
ZexPro have its issues that i bitch a lot but it impresses me more than CRA now.

That being said, i'm still using default equip of CRA.
Even Aria require me to mod it a bit and get the full gear to make it great for me.

So, what are your cables and eartips that you use for your CRA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back