Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 26, 2022 at 7:24 AM Post #58,381 of 63,966
The difference between ZAX and CKX is noticeable? A friend of mine wants to buy a similar iem like the KZ ZAX and before selecting a random iem, I want to check if there is a valid or better alternative of KZ or similar brands bellow 100 Euros.
I'm going to check the CKX, thank you for the suggestion!

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #58,382 of 63,966
The difference between ZAX and CKX is noticeable? A friend of mine wants to buy a similar iem like the KZ ZAX and before selecting a random iem, I want to check if there is a valid or better alternative of KZ or similar brands bellow 100 Euros.
CKX (with my equipment and ears) has better sub bass, less recessed mids and a cleaner treble. ZAX is more V-shaped and more of a "fun" tuning with occasional treble harshness. CKX is more balanced and is very comfortable in the ears, very compact housing.

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #58,384 of 63,966
I have a question: may I use the same cable with the CKX? I use the Tripowin balanced cable with the ZAX
IMG_20220126_133409.jpg

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #58,385 of 63,966
Yes, the CKX has the type "C" connector like the ZAX.

Jan 26, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #58,387 of 63,966
Jan 26, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #58,388 of 63,966
Just a little less treble sparkle, the rest is pretty much similar.

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #58,389 of 63,966
I was in a seven 11 in Baltimore. These two guys came in, drank lots of soda, ate candy bars etc, through all the crap on the ground and walked out. CCTV everywhere and the staff saw them and did nothing.
Nobody did anything because they were committing slow suicide. Diabetes growth.

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #58,392 of 63,966
So my CRA just arrived. Because everyone review them already so i just gonna do a quick impression

IMG_20220128_131138.jpg

Non Sound:
Box seems smaller compare to older kz. Tips is actually unusable, they aren't starlight, just ordinary tips that you can find everywhere on amazon, stiff and make CRA sound worse. Copper cable like EDC, not bad but i kinda want silver cable like NRA.
Sound:
Stock tips:
V shape
- Bass: Subbass focus, very very tight and fast, detail, there is a lot of bass with just tiny bass bleed. Actually too much bass for my liking
- Mid: clean and neutral, a little bit lean if you come from harman iem but very clean vocal, female vocal sounds better than male vocal (whispy, clean)
- Treble: Well extended, even better than my Heart Mirror. 5k peak hits sometimes but overall not too much
Kz smol tips: Balanced
- Bass dial down a little bit make it more suitable for my taste
- Mid remain the same
- 5k peak is fixed
Timbre is the same as DQ6, just 1 cleaner and 1 more analogue
Absolute rec for under 50$, nothing beat this

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #58,394 of 63,966
The AZ09 Pro is far better than many people realize.
With an Aliexpress aptX Adaptive dongle, I'm able to use it on my desktop for both conference calls and music. Very few bluetooth headset adapters have aptX adaptive, and I can confirm it is sending aptX adaptive from the dongle and my PC. Considering my Galaxy Buds Pro can't even do that, I get better sound quality from the AZ09 Pro and my CRA/CRN than anything not using aptX adaptive.

Eventually I would love to see LDAC and aptX Lossless.... in time, but this is great right now.

Jan 28, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #58,395 of 63,966
The AZ09 Pro is far better than many people realize.
With an Aliexpress aptX Adaptive dongle, I'm able to use it on my desktop for both conference calls and music. Very few bluetooth headset adapters have aptX adaptive, and I can confirm it is sending aptX adaptive from the dongle and my PC. Considering my Galaxy Buds Pro can't even do that, I get better sound quality from the AZ09 Pro and my CRA/CRN than anything not using aptX adaptive.

Eventually I would love to see LDAC and aptX Lossless.... in time, but this is great right now.
You really think there will be both? Pay for both licenses? AptX Loseless is quite close so think that will start to show up more and more and I think a KZ will just go with that esp. since it is more battery friendly than LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back