Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 14, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #57,751 of 63,900
Interesting... CCA CRA vs Blon 03
IMG_20211214_201543.jpg

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #57,752 of 63,900
Okay here's my take on the ZEX Pro compared to the DQ6. I changed the tips to cheap amazon ones and a 16 core cable.

Tried them for only 40 minutes on various different styles of music. Rock, pop, dance, female - male vocals, acoustic, live, etc.

First off they fitted my ears perfectly, as i think they are slightly smaller than the DQ6.
I'm no expert but to my ears the turning is near perfect. Without even burning them in, they sounded excellent from the first song. (the DQ6 took a few days after burn in to really sound good.)
Bass is slightly better than the DQ6. More bassey in my opinion, which i think i prefer.
Mids and treble are noticeably better.
Mine were perfectly balanced without any QC problems.
I'm not sure if i got a perfectly made pair, but i am seriously impressed with the ZEX Pro.
I'm also not sure why people are complaining about them, how much more do you expect for 20 quid. I got a free carry case and foam tips.
Haven't found them to be fatiguing at all.
Can't wait to see what they're like after burn in.
Best KZ i have tried. (although i only own 3, so that's not saying much)
I'm sure the new DD is better than the DQ6 as well. Not sure whether the electrostatic does much, but i find it clearer in the mids to highs than the DQ6.

Only downside i can find is they need a bit more grunt to run them.

I'll do some more tests later in the week.

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #57,756 of 63,900
I was just about to ask what the recommendations were for new tips. Love the isolating foams, but anything newer now that gives good isolation and bass response that's better than foam? I'm out of the tips game nowadays.
Final type E/sony ep ex11/kz starlight

Dec 14, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #57,758 of 63,900
Wasn't going to buy KZ again after bad QC with my ASX but got sucked in to the hype around the ZEX Pro at the 11.11 sale.

My preference is for ultra high resolution IEMs with excellent sub bass and a smooth (not shrill) high end.

The sub bass is fantastic. Nice and resolving. Not as good as the ASX in either the resolution department or the sub-bass department but no complaints. The mids sound forward like the ASX which I don't mind personally. There's graphs around showing a spike at 8kHz with the ZEX pro and I've convinced myself I can hear it. That's the only downside I can hear. I refuse to EQ lol. Wondering if these will change in sound over time. Only got a few hours in. The ASX changed hugely over time and I really feel that wasn't a placebo effect.

I prefer the sub-bass of the ZEX pro and resolution of it to the ZS7 and generally pleased with the purchase. Comfort is great too (better than ASX obvs :))

On the ASX, I have never heard anything as resolving before. My understanding is all BA IEMs can have an analytical quality. With a decent dac in this case, the Saba Da3 I can really distinguish between so so, good and excellent recordings with ease. It's really something to hear. When you get a good recording you just want to listen and relisten to it. Only if the product support (from Ali) and QC was better such an amazing IEM.

Curious if the BA10 has the same amazing resolution and sub bass as the ASX? I've heard here the sub bass on that unit is really top notch.

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #57,759 of 63,900
Wasn't going to buy KZ again after bad QC with my ASX but got sucked in to the hype around the ZEX Pro at the 11.11 sale.

My preference is for ultra high resolution IEMs with excellent sub bass and a smooth (not shrill) high end.

The sub bass is fantastic. Nice and resolving. Not as good as the ASX in either the resolution department or the sub-bass department but no complaints. The mids sound forward like the ASX which I don't mind personally. There's graphs around showing a spike at 8kHz with the ZEX pro and I've convinced myself I can hear it. That's the only downside I can hear. I refuse to EQ lol. Wondering if these will change in sound over time. Only got a few hours in. The ASX changed hugely over time and I really feel that wasn't a placebo effect.

I prefer the sub-bass of the ZEX pro and resolution of it to the ZS7 and generally pleased with the purchase. Comfort is great too (better than ASX obvs :))

On the ASX, I have never heard anything as resolving before. My understanding is all BA IEMs can have an analytical quality. With a decent dac in this case, the Saba Da3 I can really distinguish between so so, good and excellent recordings with ease. It's really something to hear. When you get a good recording you just want to listen and relisten to it. Only if the product support (from Ali) and QC was better such an amazing IEM.

Curious if the BA10 has the same amazing resolution and sub bass as the ASX? I've heard here the sub bass on that unit is really top notch.
I had that bad QC wobbly connector problem with my ASF. Must be the same issue.
I don't think it has affected anything other than annoying my brain worrying about it.
Has it affected your ASX?

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #57,760 of 63,900

ZEX Pro is a KZ x Crinacle collab.

8af8f036-0339-4a64-91f0-b7da932e7e20.jpg

Straight from the horse's mouth.

No wonder ZEX Pro has a very atypical graph for a KZ!! Was wondering how did KZ's tuning suddenly improve to become an audiophile graph overnight!

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #57,761 of 63,900
8af8f036-0339-4a64-91f0-b7da932e7e20.jpg

Straight from the horse's mouth.

No wonder ZEX Pro has a very atypical graph for a KZ!! Was wondering how did KZ's tuning suddenly improve to become an audiophile graph overnight!
Even more interestingly, they’re finally calling the “EST” what it is 😂😂 but only on the crinacle version

058A9512-169C-47AB-B913-C8190E67EBB3.jpeg

The standard ZEX Pro product page:

EEF5DE4D-6A13-4DF9-B4A6-28243B14ED67.png

Dec 14, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #57,762 of 63,900
Ok now i regret buying heart mirror. Help

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #57,763 of 63,900
Even more interestingly, they’re finally calling the “EST” what it is 😂😂 but only on the crinacle version

The standard ZEX Pro product page:

LOL!

Haha when the company has a big name signed off on it, maybe their marketing crew decided not to take too many creative liberties. Better to call a spade a spade.

I haven't heard the ZEX Pro, but single DDs like the Heart Mirror are generally very different from a hybrid/multi driver set like ZEX Pro. You will likely be getting a different tuning and a complementary set.

I still think the Heart Mirror are one of the best sub $100 USD single DDs on the market!

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #57,764 of 63,900
Quote:
Dusk is the best sub 500$ iem ... Period
Eclipse is the best sub 200$ iem... Period
CRN is the best sub 50$ iem...
PERIOD

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #57,765 of 63,900
I have both the ZEX Pro and HM, in my opinion they both fill different niches, ZEX Pro being focused on the lower frequencies while HM focused on the sparkle and upper treble. They are on par with each other and both complement each other well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back