Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #56,566 of 64,162
I think I've reached the stage of my audio journey this year that it is no longer about finding the right product but shilling for the right product. And that product is the CCA NRA.

Sadly the large sized tips aren't quite big enough for my ears. Changing to starlines closes off the nozzle and cuts just a teeeeenssyyy weeeensy bit of the treble, and sets the insertion depth a few mm further into my ear canal. I need to shop for something better I'm just not quite sure what yet that could be big enough and keep the wide bore.
Maybe you can try foam tips? I did try using a TWS style foam tips (shorter than regular foam tips) and it helps to smoothened out the treble edge a bit. No difference in mid and bass from Final Audio tips. The OG eartips does elevate the bass, making the bass sound fuller.

Sep 4, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #56,567 of 64,162
I think I've reached the stage of my audio journey this year that it is no longer about finding the right product but shilling for the right product. And that product is the CCA NRA.

Sadly the large sized tips aren't quite big enough for my ears. Changing to starlines closes off the nozzle and cuts just a teeeeenssyyy weeeensy bit of the treble, and sets the insertion depth a few mm further into my ear canal. I need to shop for something better I'm just not quite sure what yet that could be big enough and keep the wide bore.
Try BGVP W01, the L size (wide bore, 14 mm).
https://m.pl.aliexpress.com/item/10...tedetail&spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27425c0fD8xCpi

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #56,568 of 64,162

Master Slater used to recommend this one: https://www.amazon.com/ALXCD-Powerb...eywords=iem+tips+beats&qid=1630782541&sr=8-27

The largest is 14.5 mm, nice and shallow and seal really well, even for small IEMs with a shorter nozzle.

Available in all colours as well :)

Also SpinFit has CP100 plus XL, which are 14 mm: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08Z85554X/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A1PC196DTT55RC&psc=1

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #56,569 of 64,162
I have ZSN Pro X.
At the time, where I got them, it was thought that they have XUN drivers (now we know that they don't).
Mine (and overall, I beleive) impression of Pro X was quite mute/meh. Too powerful bass and some disconnect between DD and BA drivers. I definitely prefer good old ZSN, ZSN pro and CA4 to ZSN Pro X.

Pro X became a nozzle donor to one of my ASX pairs :)

CSN are definitely better as well, and DQ6 even more so to my ears.
Hi, I'm mentioned before how my ASX pair has one side with a loose connector.

Is there a non-destructive way of opening them up and fixing them? Also more importantly is the connector screwed in and is as easy as tightening the connector piece from the inside of the shell?

Thanks in advance,
Independent

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #56,570 of 64,162
I spent some time listening to rock albums on my CCA NRA. What can I say? The bass, especially the sub-bass is better then Moondrop Starfield bass. The treble, clarity, resolution and instrument separation is much better compared to the Starfields.

Simple put: if you're ok with V-shape the NRA is better then the Starfield at a fraction of the price.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #56,571 of 64,162
thank you all!!!

KZAZ09 seems to be a good way to go for my wife's casual listening mostly through phone/spotify and phone calls during work keeping hands free or tv watching at night...
Another question, probably a silly one... is it safe to use a 2pin cable or KZAZ09 2 pin connection on the zax instead of the KZ C pin? i recently got GK10 which has 2 pin and if it's safe maybe i can use AZ09 on both?
You have the "B" Pin AZ09 like this?
2d4c129d5e52d9ce55128e360274c7fd.jpg

I wonder if it will be an exact fit for the Moondrop Aria. 🤔 It's recommended for the SSP and KXXS.
Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-11-54-569_com.shopee.ph.jpg
A Shopee seller is offering it for only ₱765 PhP which is ~$15.34 US. If it would fit, the temptation to get a mate for the Aria would be overwhelming. ☺️

I echo the suggestion of @4ceratops by dint of transcendent personal experience. 👍🏻😁

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #56,572 of 64,162

Is there a non-destructive way of opening them up and fixing them? Also more importantly is the connector screwed in and is as easy as tightening the connector piece from the inside of the shell?

Thanks in advance,
Independent
I have not opened ASX, sorry.
Actually, one of the reasons of not opening is that the connector goes through the plate, which is harder for asembly/disassembly, and quite rare in my experience.

In my case of fixing loose connectors (TRI & TRN) I just used cyanoacrylate glue. Good epoxies can work better. It felt much less risky than opening the plate, and can be repeated.

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #56,573 of 64,162
You have the "B" Pin AZ09 like this?
2d4c129d5e52d9ce55128e360274c7fd.jpg
I wonder if it will be an exact fit for the Moondrop Aria. 🤔 It's recommended for the SSP and KXXS.
Screenshot_2021-09-05-00-11-54-569_com.shopee.ph.jpgA Shopee seller is offering it for only ₱765 PhP which is ~$15.34 US. If it would fit, the temptation to get a mate for the Aria would be overwhelming. ☺️

I echo the suggestion of @4ceratops by dint of transcendent personal experience. 👍🏻😁
I didn't realise they made a straight pin b variant. That's more universal. I might snag a pair.

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #56,574 of 64,162
Sep 5, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #56,575 of 64,162
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #56,576 of 64,162

Spiral Dots may be the answer.

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #56,577 of 64,162
Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #56,578 of 64,162
I didn't realize they made a straight pin b variant. That's more universal. I might snag a pair.
Practically both C and B types fit to any model. i have received "upgrade cable" for the EDX that fits perfectly for the ZSN
The TRN fits also ...

Sep 5, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #56,579 of 64,162

Thanks in advance,
Independent
I have an ASF with that problem.
I tried some gorilla glue but there wasn't enough surface area for it to hold, so it's back to loose and wiggling.
Hopefully it doesn't affect anything, but it does drive my OCD brain a little crazy.

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:30 PM Post #56,580 of 64,162
Thanks for all the tips advice! Based on my luck with starlines I've been thinking that the spiral dots would work for me. I am trying to transition away from foams because the cheap ones are done inside of a couple of weeks, maybe less. They also diminish my darling treble bumps which I no likey. Got some shopping to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back