Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 3, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #56,551 of 64,137
I guess you must have got the lemon AZ09. Mine can connect even 20ft away from my phone in an open area. Battery life is about 6 hour+ with medium volume at high-performance mode.
One thing is that when I received the AZ09, one unit was fully charged and one is not. When connected to the phone it will show 100% and one pair will die off pretty fast and show low batt. What I did was paired only one side to see the battery level and then found out the problem. Later I just charge 1 by 1 and the issue was solved.
The SQ is pretty good for the price.
Maybe, but returning it thru AE is a PITA. Thankfully it is cheap enough so I don't really worry too much.

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:42 PM Post #56,552 of 64,137
I guess you must have got the lemon AZ09. Mine can connect even 20ft away from my phone in an open area. Battery life is about 6 hour+ with medium volume at high-performance mode...
Maybe, but returning it thru AE is a PITA. Thankfully it is cheap enough so I don't really worry too much.
Mine are fine too, the only snag with mine are they tend to switch off after 1 second press, for some reason. The touch controls are wonky. Better than my trn bt20 though as the left ear ear on those has skip forward as well as the right. And personally I can't tell the difference between apt X and aac.

Mine do hiss a little more than the trn bt20. Although I've heard worse. I'm pointing at you old Sony MP3 players with my old ultimate ears in about 2008. Think it was an impedance mismatch. They did come with a resistor plug which I still use occasionally with low resistance items. This is less of a problem than it once was.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:08 AM Post #56,553 of 64,137
Finally does anyone know if there is a audiophile's model in the KZ model community?
Tess ting and comparing with the Soundmagic SM11c my 'model earphones' EDX stands well with SM10 but not ZSN venif the range is not so high as SM11

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:10 AM Post #56,554 of 64,137
Finally does anyone know if there is a audiophile's model in the KZ model community?
Tess ting and comparing with the Soundmagic SM11c my 'model earphones' EDX stands well with SM10 but not ZSN venif the range is not so high as SM11
KZ AST (you should EQ it) is at the moment the highest resolving model from KZ.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #56,555 of 64,137

By "audiophile", do you mean something balanced or neutralish?

Most KZs are V shaped actually, you might have to look elsewhere at other brands for more neutralish tunings.

Sep 4, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #56,556 of 64,137

By "audiophile", do you mean something balanced or neutralish?

Most KZs are V shaped actually, you might have to look elsewhere at other brands for more neutralish tunings.

Yup, depend what you need for that "audiophile" thingy. Like a car, do you want offroad car, track focused car, or a luxury family car?

Graph or sound profile wise, KZ have tendency to be V shaped.
Sound Details? KZ have plenty trough its tons of drivers per ear.
Sound stage? Vary, depend on the type.

KZ have quite the range nowadays, how much is your budget and what kind of sound you want?
Or at least what type of music you listen to?

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:57 AM Post #56,557 of 64,137
Yup, depend what you need for that "audiophile" thingy. Like a car, do you want offroad car, track focused car, or a luxury family car?

Graph or sound profile wise, KZ have tendency to be V shaped.
Sound Details? KZ have plenty trough its tons of drivers per ear.
Sound stage? Vary, depend on the type.

KZ have quite the range nowadays, how much is your budget and what kind of sound you want?
Or at least what type of music you listen to?

I have a lot o mp3 in my mp player with various music kinds adn with various 'studio audio curves' most of them trebly . The soundmagic is nearly neutral and look for something of the same in KZ series with higher freq response

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #56,558 of 64,137
how does KZ AZ09 HD compares to TRN BT20S PRO in terms of bluetooth range and battery life?
planning to use it with ZAX...
Hi! I don't have the BT20S Pro but I can say the KZ AZ09's battery life is as advertised. I've been listening to it attached to the KZ ZAX almost everyday for over 3 months now at moderate volumes and every time I get around 6 hours +/- with rare or no dropouts. This combo with the large BGVP W01 eartips leaves nothing else to be desired. My transmitter is a Poco X3 Pro through the Neutron player. Whether I'm in the kitchen, in the garden, doing crafts, curled up with a good book or scaling heights with my music or just drifting along with it during quiet late nights with my husband beside me—it's what I use. I think the Aria is getting morose from neglect.

Edit: Forgot—the range I believe is more than 10 meters.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #56,559 of 64,137
thank you all!!!

KZAZ09 seems to be a good way to go for my wife's casual listening mostly through phone/spotify and phone calls during work keeping hands free or tv watching at night...
Another question, probably a silly one... is it safe to use a 2pin cable or KZAZ09 2 pin connection on the zax instead of the KZ C pin? i recently got GK10 which has 2 pin and if it's safe maybe i can use AZ09 on both?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #56,560 of 64,137
Hi! I don't have the BT20S Pro but I can say the KZ AZ09's battery life is as advertised. I've been listening to it attached to the KZ ZAX almost everyday for over 3 months now at moderate volumes and every time I get around 6 hours +/- with rare or no dropouts. This combo with the large BGVP W01 eartips leaves nothing else to be desired. My transmitter is a Poco X3 Pro through the Neutron player. Whether I'm in the kitchen, in the garden, doing crafts, curled up with a good book or scaling heights with my music or just drifting along with it during quiet late nights with my husband beside me—it's what I use. I think the Aria is getting morose from neglect.

Edit: Forgot—the range I believe is more than 10 meters.
That's pretty much me too. Same phone, but kz zsx, and power poweramp, or hiby player. I also get 6 hours and a decent signal. The only drop outs I get is when they over zealously "pair off" when I pause the music. The accent on the voice makes me smile however.

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #56,561 of 64,137
Why not try the CCA NRA? The mid and treble are the focus in this IEM. Bass is not too much elevated as other KZ new model.

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #56,562 of 64,137
thank you all!!!

KZAZ09 seems to be a good way to go for my wife's casual listening mostly through phone/spotify and phone calls during work keeping hands free or tv watching at night...
Another question, probably a silly one... is it safe to use a 2pin cable or KZAZ09 2 pin connection on the zax instead of the KZ C pin? i recently got GK10 which has 2 pin and if it's safe maybe i can use AZ09 on both?
You can use 2 pin cables, but the c type connectors are made out of acrylic and are fragile at least my kz zs10 pros are. They may chip away exposing the pins. I don't think the az09 will fit on the geekwold gk10 if it has normal or recessed pins. Not without use of some clippers.

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #56,563 of 64,137
Why not try the CCA NRA? The mid and treble are the focus in this IEM. Bass is not too much elevated as other KZ new model.
What I like is that I'm using shallow large silicone ear tips (not medium), which I get the quality and quantity low sub-bass response that I need, plus the clean MID's and highs. The drivers are truly in another league for such a low, and I mean LOW price.

-Clear

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #56,564 of 64,137
What I like is that I'm using shallow large silicone ear tips (not medium), which I get the quality and quantity low sub-bass response that I need, plus the clean MID's and highs. The drivers are truly in another league for such a low, and I mean LOW price.

-Clear
Yes, the MST driver is really outstanding. What I love about the NRA is that you don't have to insert it deep into your ear. If you can get a nice seal using a larger eartips than you normally use, it will sound good even without shoving the whole eartips into your ear canal.
Can't imagine to get this level of sound quality for such a low price 4-5 years ago.
I just tried using the largest white silicone eartips that came with the IEM and it really changes the bass. It does add more air into the bass. I was using the Final Audio eartips and it make the bass tight and punchy.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #56,565 of 64,137
I think I've reached the stage of my audio journey this year that it is no longer about finding the right product but shilling for the right product. And that product is the CCA NRA.

Sadly the large sized tips aren't quite big enough for my ears. Changing to starlines closes off the nozzle and cuts just a teeeeenssyyy weeeensy bit of the treble, and sets the insertion depth a few mm further into my ear canal. I need to shop for something better I'm just not quite sure what yet that could be big enough and keep the wide bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back