Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 30, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #54,706 of 64,287
The latest KZ TWS (the pale blue one) has finally added aptX, although battery life may remain an issue
Its kinda crazy considering SoundPeats, Mpow, and Haylou all have nailed the TWS basics (Aptx, mics, 5.0 bluetooth, 4+hour battery) with somewhat decent audio quality.
But KZ while have comparatively good audio... they somewhat crap at the TWS basics.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #54,708 of 64,287
have you tried the new contender, Kbear KS1?
Hows the KZ/CCA duo (DQ6, CSN) against that?
I have these, well balanced is DQ6, fun is CSN and KS1 is old school warm.😊

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #54,709 of 64,287
Its kinda crazy considering SoundPeats, Mpow, and Haylou all have nailed the TWS basics (Aptx, mics, 5.0 bluetooth, 4+hour battery) with somewhat decent audio quality.
But KZ while have comparatively good audio... they somewhat crap at the TWS basics.

i love my Soundpeats Sonic! I didn’t know TWS could sound so good with great battery life. I just KZ/CCA would figure this out!

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #54,711 of 64,287
How is the sound? Any review?
I've not come across any reviews, I think people are still skittish about blind buying KZ TWS sets. Not into wireless at all myself, so I stay out of that segment :)

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #54,712 of 64,287
i love my Soundpeats Sonic! I didn’t know TWS could sound so good with great battery life. I just KZ/CCA would figure this out!
Soundpeats release an indiegogo special or something, its called Soundpeats H1.
It's a hybrid TWS with Knowles BA for under $100. Apparently it sounds awesome.

KZ had that ZS10 Pro in TWS form which apparently pretty great. I wonder why don't make something that special again.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #54,713 of 64,287
I like my pair as well. Just how did they make a TWS that has pretty much everything you want except ANC, make it sound that good and do all of that under €45,-

Soundpeats release an indiegogo special or something, its called Soundpeats H1.
It's a hybrid TWS with Knowles BA for under $100. Apparently it sounds awesome.
I'm looking to get that one but am waiting for the retail release.

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #54,715 of 64,287
I've been loving my time with the DQ6 recently, she has opened up and I'm actually back to the stock tips as I don't have better quality similar type short tips. The comfort is just better with shorter tips than the regular sized ones but better quality ones are definitely needed. I did use the white tips from the KBEAR Lark before but when she opened up she became quite bright with those.

The more I listen to the DQ6, the more I like it. It's currently my go-to IEM for metal.
After this post I've been throwing all kinds of hard rock and metal at the DQ6 and I'm impressed. While the separation on power metal tracks isn't quite good enough it still gets a passing grade from me. And on the rest... it just knocks it out of the park.
The DQ6 works especially well with my AP80 Pro, it's a slightly warmer than neutral source that works well with most IEMs. It just adds that little bit extra to go from good to great.

This made me use my BA10 again after about a month of not using it out of curiosity what it would do and holy s*th. BA10s sounding that good should be illegal. I can't quite describe it other than that, it just works better on my AP80 Pro than any other source I have.

AP80 Pro+DQ6+metal= great
AP80 Pro+BA10= magic

The AP80 Pro uses twin ESS9218p DACs like the BTR5 which might explain why it works so well with IEMs. Although it uses a slightly different topology.

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #54,717 of 64,287
Hi everyone. I'm looking for another cable to use with the awesome DQ6. The stock one is tangle-y and gives me a bit of a discomfort due to the earhooks. Can someone recommend me a good cheap cable that fits? One that has no earhooks. I know the Dq6 uses 0.75mm two pin, but am having trouble trying to determine if a certain cable will fit due to the housing on the pins. Does the DQ6 use QDC pins? Can I also use 0.78mm 2 pin cables?

Also, the DQ6 has no Left & Right markings, right? How does one discern which end of the cable should go into which earpiece then? Sorry for the noob question & thanks in advance.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #54,719 of 64,287
Hi everyone. I'm looking for another cable to use with the awesome DQ6. The stock one is tangle-y and gives me a bit of a discomfort due to the earhooks. Can someone recommend me a good cheap cable that fits? One that has no earhooks. I know the Dq6 uses 0.75mm two pin, but am having trouble trying to determine if a certain cable will fit due to the housing on the pins. Does the DQ6 use QDC pins? Can I also use 0.78mm 2 pin cables?

Also, the DQ6 has no Left & Right markings, right? How does one discern which end of the cable should go into which earpiece then? Sorry for the noob question & thanks in advance.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001747993321.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001208562098.html

PS. as a rule of mine - I will not pay more for cable than the IEM itself so these are just ok for my DQ6

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #54,720 of 64,287

I just posted one with KZ’s affiliate company, Tripowin’s Zonie. So far this cable is the most comfortable one I had over my last two decades😂
It’s around $15 with premium finish.
https://www.linsoul.com/products/tripowin-zonie

37D05925-E26B-4A46-B824-D818CA11E202.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back