Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #54,136 of 64,286
BAs sounds more detailled but they can have a more metallic presentation, Can sound too peaky, that give more openess and sense of details but in other way that be tiring.

ST1 at first listening are enjoyables, big lows, lot of details. But that is synthetic if you compare with a better set.
QD6 support comparaison with more better set than ST1.
Hmmmm I see, I don't know what the term metallic presentation mean but I can understand peaky, so I suppose its high region in FR is boosted or something yeah?

Feb 7, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #54,137 of 64,286
Hmmmm I see, I don't know what the term metallic presentation mean but I can understand peaky, so I suppose its high region in FR is boosted or something yeah?
Transients in snare drums and cymbals, can become too sharp and metallic sounding. Especially if the ba is in the nozzle and/or undampened. Some ba drivers have filters in them, some do not. A quick fix is put foam, under the metal filter, although you have to be careful with balance and not put too much in there to dampen the entire output of the earphone. Some earphones use a nylon mesh as well, but some people get moisture build up behind them affecting the sound output. It's an ongoing theme on head fi.

Buy a kz zsn or zsn Pro for cheap, and you will understand. I think most bellsing ba drivers are undampened. And they are a but harsh in the nozzle.

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #54,139 of 64,286
I'm seeing the DQ6 for $21 with coupons (LuckLZ), would that be worth the blind? 3DD is a setup I've never tried before. And I just really like the shell.
Yes

Feb 7, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #54,141 of 64,286
I only have a modest KZ collection of 5 IEMs, but I do mostly like them for what they are. I have been plenty satisfied with the ZS10 Pro and the ZSX, but I can’t get myself to like the ASF, even with a ton of EQ. None of those 3 really caught my attention though. The BA10 and DQ6 are different to me. IMHO, they transcend the KZ brand, and I end up passing on several much more costly IEMs, because I specifically want to listen to them, and price plays no role in this. Again, this is just one person‘s opinion, and others may not really like these 2 IEMs. They are certainly not perfect, but I can’t help being very enthused about them.

Edit: Admittedly, I have not yet heard the much lauded ZAX.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #54,142 of 64,286
I only have a modest KZ collection of 5 IEMs, but I do mostly like them for what they are. I have been plenty satisfied with the ZS10 Pro and the ZSX, but I can’t get myself to like the ASF, even with a ton of EQ. None of those 3 really caught my attention though. The BA10 and DQ6 are different to me. IMHO, they transcend the KZ brand, and I end up passing on several much more costly IEMs, because I specifically want to listen to them, and price plays no role in this. Again, this is just one person‘s opinion, and others may not really like these 2 IEMs. They are certainly not perfect, but I can’t help being very enthused about them.

Edit: Admittedly, I have not yet heard the much lauded ZAX.
What's the difference between the zs10 pro and kz zsx? I only have the zs10 pro and im just wondering if it's a big improvement to buy a zsx?

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #54,143 of 64,286
What's the difference between the zs10 pro and kz zsx? I only have the zs10 pro and im just wondering if it's a big improvement to buy a zsx?

I would say just go for the ZAX if you're upgrading from the ZS10 Pro. It's a much more refined version of what you've already got.

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #54,144 of 64,286
I would say just go for the ZAX if you're upgrading from the ZS10 Pro. It's a much more refined version of what you've already got.
I got the impression that it's not worth the upgrade from zs10 pro if you already have it, and that ckx > zax. Is it worth it if you already have zs10 pro?

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #54,145 of 64,286
I agree. Though I haven‘t heard the ZAX yet, the ZSX is not really that different from the ZS10 Pro. I bought it when it first came out.

Feb 7, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #54,146 of 64,286
Get the DQ6 if you only have $30 and if you have $50+ then get the BA10. I do have a lot of KZs and I recommend those two.

Feb 8, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #54,148 of 64,286
Feb 8, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #54,149 of 64,286
The DQ6 is pretty awesome indeed. The only issue I had with it is that the fit is not the best for my ears due to the part that sticks out at the top. I had to roll some tips to make it comfortable.

Feb 8, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #54,150 of 64,286
Seconding this - ZS10 Pro owners should skip the ZSX entirely, the ZAX is like a perfected ZS10 Pro. Also, it's just an incredibly good looking IEM if you ask me. Even if the vents do nothing for the sound, they do make it look amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back