Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 6, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #52,276 of 63,919

This is simply amazing on ASX, pumping, gorgeous and thick low end and all the litle nuances and cimbal sparks comming from around :)
Edit: After reading all negative reviews and seeing the graph, I did not expect to like ASX as much as I do.

Listening on Sennheiser HD598cs - balanced 4.4mm - was... "nice"...

Moved to the KZ ZAX's and, WTH???!!! What a jump into another realm, I can't wait to try the ASX's!! :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #52,278 of 63,919
I'm confused..almost going to place my order for the KZ ZAX..should I hold? it seems there may be some contentions, are they still the King of current hill or slope atm for KZ?

They're really good but I haven't compared with the ASF or ASX. The problem that they have is that the price point has a lot of strong competition.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #52,279 of 63,919
I'm confused..almost going to place my order for the KZ ZAX..should I hold? it seems there may be some contentions, are they still the King of current hill or slope atm for KZ?
For the price, they're an amazing unit. But I can't compare them to these new All-BA units. Then again, they have different price points. I've never been fond of all BAs and their bass,but I admit my mind could be changed with new tech that bridges the gap.

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #52,280 of 63,919
They're really good but I haven't compared with the ASF or ASX. The problem that they have is that the price point has a lot of strong competition.
For the price, they're an amazing unit. But I can't compare them to these new All-BA units. Then again, they have different price points. I've never been fond of all BAs and their bass,but I admit my mind could be changed with new tech that bridges the gap.

Thanks, @Tonymac136 & @Mouseman for your kind opinions, guess I m back on track to grabbing a pair of Matt Black KZ ZAX :)

Nov 6, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #52,281 of 63,919
Thanks, @Tonymac136 & @Mouseman for your kind opinions, guess I m back on track to grabbing a pair of Matt Black KZ ZAX :)
The zax and asf are in the same price bracket. If you ask me which one I would get, I would get the asf, but the fit is different in the asf. It is bigger and has custom iem body style which won't fit some people at all. While the zax is smaller and easier to fit for most people's ears.

Nov 6, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #52,282 of 63,919
Just got mine out of the mailbox. Will post an impression soon.

....Ok, finally got a chance to give them a try. I'm actually surprised at how well they fit and how good they sound. I'm not sure how this monstrosity pops into my ear so well and stays there, but somehow it works....very well actually.

Good thing I'm not a reviewer because all I can say is that they sound really good to me which I wasn't expecting. They are not muffled or veiled like some reviews I read. They have a rich bassy full spacious sound.

I would actually purchase these again. :smile_phones:

If someone tells me a song to test and what to listen for maybe I could give a more useful evaluation.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #52,283 of 63,919
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #52,284 of 63,919
Great, let's hope you can avoid glasses, too :)

I bet you need a more competent audiologist, however.

:xf_cool:
Maybe that's why jazz is so nice... hit those mid-ranges, baby! .... and listening to music is less frustrating than having to out out to the truck to get my bloody glasses so I can see the tv...

Nov 6, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #52,285 of 63,919
Ok, finally got a chance to give the KZ ASF a try. I'm actually surprised at how well they fit and how good they sound. I'm not sure how this monstrosity pops into my ear so well and stays there, but somehow it works....very well actually.

Good thing I'm not a reviewer because all I can say is that they sound really good to me which I wasn't expecting. They are not muffled or veiled like some reviews I read. They have a rich bassy full spacious sound.

If someone tells me a song to test and what to listen for maybe I could give a more useful evaluation.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #52,286 of 63,919
Ok, finally got a chance to give them a try. I'm actually surprised at how well they fit and how good they sound. I'm not sure how this monstrosity pops into my ear so well and stays there, but somehow it works....very well actually.

And yes the ASF is a fun sounding IEM.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #52,287 of 63,919

And yes the ASF is a fun sounding IEM.

That sounds so good on the ASF I saved it so I can listen to it again later.
These are nice....I can't really find any flaws so far.
The sound coming from them sounds like it's coming from something much bigger than little earphones.

And I'm still amazed how well they fit. When I first looked at them I was thinking no way in hell that bulky thing will fit in my ear and stay there, but they fit just as good as my best-fitting pair which are way smaller. The bulk is all on the outside I guess, and they are light.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #52,288 of 63,919
Nov 6, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #52,289 of 63,919

Users who are viewing this thread

Back