Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 17, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #51,751 of 63,929
V-shaped is fine, but I was hoping that it would be tuned closer to the Fearless S8F or the AudioSense T800.
Well, then they may nail it either in C20 or BAX.
On a positive, just one BA gives the bass response similar to ZAX in these limited measurements of course) :)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #51,752 of 63,929
By ear, it seemed to me that the ZAX is like a much more capable ZS10 Pro, and, well...
1602969825865.png
Those are tuning differences so small that if the curves weren't labelled you'd think they're L/R measurements from the same IEM. That's negligible. As I said, EQ won't get the ZS10 Pro near the ZAX because tuning wise it's already there.

I thought it was agreed years ago that graphs are nice, but almost pointless.
I log in today and see like 10 response graphs on this site.

As i said earlier, The ZS10pro thing is shaping out to be a scam so that product will be forgotten here soon anyways.

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #51,753 of 63,929

As i said earlier, The ZS10pro thing is shaping out to be a scam so that product will be forgotten here soon anyways.

why are you saying ZS10pro will be forgotten? Because you got scammed by some shady ebay seller? Product still exists. I am listening to mine right now and it is still relevant and sounds enjoyable.

agreed years ago by who?

I am sorry but graphs are not pointless if you know how to decipher them.
They can be valuable tools to assess general tonality of the headgears.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #51,754 of 63,929
Well, then they may nail it either in C10 or BAX.
On a positive, just one BA gives the bass response similar to ZAX in these limited measurements of course) :)
Very true, and I guess that’s why I’m perhaps just a little frustrated (though still not jumping to any conclusions). I know KZ/CCA is very capable, and have been coming out with great products lately, and specs-wise/design-wise, the ASX and ASF have so much potential. I‘m still hoping that they sound amazing.

I don’t know who agreed to that, but graphs are hardly pointless. Like any tool, they need to be used correctly, and not overused. I posted the graphs because a lot of people are curious about the ASX and ASF, and unfortunately, no one has their units yet to post listening impressions. And....

By ear, it seemed to me that the ZAX is like a much more capable ZS10 Pro, and, well...

Those are tuning differences so small that if the curves weren't labelled you'd think they're L/R measurements from the same IEM. That's negligible. As I said, EQ won't get the ZS10 Pro near the ZAX because tuning wise it's already there.
This is a perfect example of the limitations of graphs. It would be very ignorant for me to claim that there is no difference between the ZS10 Pro and the ZAX simply because of the graph similarities. I do believe those who say that the to their ears, the ZAX is better. I see this all of the time, even with very educated professionals (not necessarily audio related). They they see a negative diagnostic test, and they come to the broad conclusion that nothing is wrong. This is a misuse or misunderstanding of the test.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #51,756 of 63,929
why are you saying ZS10pro will be forgotten? Because you got scammed by some shady ebay seller? Product still exists. I am listening to mine right now and it is still relevant and sounds enjoyable.

agreed years ago by who?

I'm saying they will be forgotten because there are many models which came after it. You see anyone discussing ZS3 or ATR now? every product has it's time in the lights in terms of consumer attention and public discussions.

I said graphs are nice but almost pointless because at the end of the day no one with audio experience makes a decision whether or not to buy an item based on frequency graphs. They give some indications of course! but there are other factors which determine the sound perception for each individual.

For example, a headband which is not properly suited for small heads would output a different sound for two random consumers. Same goes for IEMs with shallow\wide\narrow\long nozzles or two users with different hearing sensitiveness etc and then you have different earpads\Tips,wings and so on.

And also, i find it hard to believe those two IEMs are tuned exactly the same up until 4K and then it's almost the same for the rest of it. I tend to question the testing rig in that case.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #51,757 of 63,929

agreed years ago by who?

Yeah! ZS10 PRO definitely won't be forgotten. I've bought 3 sets now (one set I gave away last Christmas to my brother in law...he loved them so much that he bought another set for $20+ more). These are seriously good iems for the price. Many people have them now. I highly doubt that they will ever be forgotten. Maybe improved upon, but never forgotten.

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #51,758 of 63,929
Yeah! ZS10 PRO definitely won't be forgotten. I've bought 3 sets now (one set I gave away last Christmas to my brother in law...he loved them so much that he bought another set for $20+ more). These are seriously good iems for the price. Many people have them now. I highly doubt that they will ever be forgotten. Maybe improved upon, but never forgotten.

yupe, I would buy ZS10 Pro than ZAX to gift out...

as previously said before side upgrade, but then some people got pissed, I leave it at that...

KZ - Chifi they're sound signature... pretty much the same, 5-10% difference between models... so really YMMV

Oct 18, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #51,760 of 63,929
as previously said before side upgrade,
Mate, entire instruments are audible on the ZAX that the ZS10 Pro completely can't separate from a muddy mix. The ZS10 Pro sound cramped and narrow, the ZAX sound spacious and open. Tuning really is a "sidegrade". Everything else is a bloodbath. That said, I can see how someone would argue the ZS10 Pro are a better value. Diminishing returns are real in the IEM world. You don't need to get the ZAX to have something good sounding. The ZS10 Pro is less than half the price and perfectly decent. But sidegrade? Absolutely no way.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #51,761 of 63,929
Mate, entire instruments are audible on the ZAX that the ZS10 Pro completely can't separate from a muddy mix. The ZS10 Pro sound cramped and narrow, the ZAX sound spacious and open. Tuning really is a "sidegrade". Everything else is a bloodbath. That said, I can see how someone would argue the ZS10 Pro are a better value. Diminishing returns are real in the IEM world. You don't need to get the ZAX to have something good sounding. The ZS10 Pro is less than half the price and perfectly decent. But sidegrade? Absolutely no way.

Trying to make a determination involving a complex multitude of factors (is B an upgrade over A) based on a single data point (FR graph) is not only a fool's errand, it's also bad science.

In fact, if FR tuning is all that matters as to whether B is an upgrade over A, why stop at the ZS10 Pro? After all, the good old ZSN delivers pretty much the same KZ sound for the price of 2 McDonald's meals. Why not go for that then?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #51,763 of 63,929
The ASX is a lot more V-shaped than I had hoped for, and seems to really lack treble. Hopefully it sounds a lot better than the graph suggests.

Lacks treble? I hoped it would be a brighter IEM than the AS10. Now I fear that it could be even darker.

Oct 18, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #51,764 of 63,929
EDX with chameleon ‘cats eye’ finish:

71B4A590-489D-4890-93D9-B0BDB0D13659.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back