Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 28, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #49,861 of 64,373
Yeah the S5 is far better sounding than it has a right to be, I've given many as gifts and have the Red, Gray and this silver one. Like your current iem's all represent awesome bang for the buck performance :beerchug:

Budgetized.JPG

wow! That red one looks great.

Apr 28, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #49,862 of 64,373
Unfortunately a fixed cable though (and fabric covered to boot), which is a big downside because once the cable goes bad you’re screwed.

ah, but these days, by the time the cable goes bad, a whole slew of superior IEM's will have been released.

Apr 28, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #49,863 of 64,373
:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Then jump over to the IMR threads to see how one recovers in today's world:rolling_eyes: Bet he's long time friends of the Trumpster:laughing: Now I'll digress since I have ridden both trains:smirk: I guess once a fool always a fool :wink:

Trinity Tribute - The Bob.JPG

Not to mention:
IM1- Tomahawk.JPG
My Number 1.JPG

R2-C3-1S.JPG

Now to get back on track with some honest Chinese offerings of the KZ persuasion:beerchug:

KZ Inventory.JPG

Your awesome collection never ceases to amaze me Pod :)

Apr 28, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #49,864 of 64,373
Your awesome collection never ceases to amaze me Pod :)

THX "G", I still have to wonder sometimes if I'm more in the enthusiast camp our leaning to fool :smirk: Guess the most redeeming for me is that I've given away as much as I kept in the attempt to show friends a little better sound and to possibly provide them better musical enjoyment:wink:

Apr 29, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #49,865 of 64,373
Alright! I'm a bit hyped right now with the news.. KZ hype train is cominggg again choo chooooo...!!

KZ will release the KZ Z1 very soon, I'm exciting after saw the FR graph ( i know dont trust manufacturer FR, but this time graph looks very good, its similar to ZSX, and based on their ZSX success, I have a good feeling about this)
I'm pretty much settle with my trident sony IER M7, ISN H40 and Tri i3, but this news kinda made me wanna jump in to the hype train again (again? yeah)

its a TWS but unlike the current TWS which are utulize 6mm DDs, KZ using big 10mm DD with "new technology" they called it "XUN"
the major cons currently is batt life which is only 2 hours for single charge, but you can charge back in the case.

here the look, very pretty, just like ISN H40 :
z1.jpg

their "new tech - XUN 10mm driver" to achieve deep sub bass in TWS form @baskingshark calling you for your first TWS :
z1 xun.jpg

the original KZ graph which is looked very bad (the yellow one is the KZ Z1, and red one is "other TWS - light sub bass" :
kz z1 tws fr original.jpg
But please be noted that scale is very bad, making the FR looks yikes

so I stretch the FR to match the ZSX graph and this is the result :
kz z1 TWS FR.jpg
pretty much similar to the ZSX! that's make my urge to ride the hype train.. but we'll see.. shipping is bad on current situation and I need to save money for other priorities.

Apr 29, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #49,866 of 64,373
I've just got my ES100 for my ZS10 Pro and want to clip the ES100 to my shirt while in the gym.

Can anyone recommend a short 3.5mm or 2.5mm balanced cable that fits the type C pins that the ZS10 Pro use?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #49,867 of 64,373
I've just got my ES100 for my ZS10 Pro and want to clip the ES100 to my shirt while in the gym.

Can anyone recommend a short 3.5mm or 2.5mm balanced cable that fits the type C pins that the ZS10 Pro use?

Sounds like a custom cable, not sure I've seen any but there are a few around these parts who could possibly tweak an existing cable.

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #49,868 of 64,373
Alright! I'm a bit hyped right now with the news.. KZ hype train is cominggg again choo chooooo...!!

KZ will release the KZ Z1 very soon, I'm exciting after saw the FR graph ( i know dont trust manufacturer FR, but this time graph looks very good, its similar to ZSX, and based on their ZSX success, I have a good feeling about this)
I'm pretty much settle with my trident sony IER M7, ISN H40 and Tri i3, but this news kinda made me wanna jump in to the hype train again (again? yeah)

its a TWS but unlike the current TWS which are utulize 6mm DDs, KZ using big 10mm DD with "new technology" they called it "XUN"
the major cons currently is batt life which is only 2 hours for single charge, but you can charge back in the case.

z1.jpg

their "new tech - XUN 10mm driver" to achieve deep sub bass in TWS form @baskingshark calling you for your first TWS :
z1 xun.jpg

the original KZ graph which is looked very bad (the yellow one is the KZ Z1, and red one is "other TWS - light sub bass" :

kz z1 TWS FR.jpg
pretty much similar to the ZSX! that's make my urge to ride the hype train.. but we'll see.. shipping is bad on current situation and I need to save money for other priorities.

“frequency curve of a product” - of course they don’t tell you the product to which they’re comparing is an empty can of Campbell’s soup

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #49,869 of 64,373
“frequency curve of a product” - of course they don’t tell you the product to which they’re comparing is an empty can of Campbell’s soup

main-qimg-9e85082100f458a80a76c52861672373.jpg

Like this?

This will be the next hypetrain! Biggest soundstage, silver chrome shells, jaw rattling echoey bass and "metallic" timbre.

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #49,870 of 64,373

z1.jpg

z1 xun.jpg

kz z1 TWS FR.jpg

I wish KZ would make a dual purpose TWS, like the BGVP Q2.

The Q2 works as a TWS IEM, as well as a wired IEM!

3EA5607A-D274-49C2-B190-E449B13A9ACC.jpeg930CE697-6EA9-4D74-A591-8F9AE10BFB16.jpeg

It wouldn’t be that difficult. The wired jack simply bypasses all of the electronics, and attaches directly to the drivers.

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #49,871 of 64,373

Yeah right, but roughly most of TWS currently (especially chifi TWS) dont have sub bass quantity like that and mostly focused on high mids. Of course take with grain of salt buddy, but their marketing FR is similar to their ZSX marketing FR, and turned out the ZSX have great tuning so I have hope on this one, not like their previous TWS.

I wish KZ would make a dual purpose TWS, like the BGVP Q2.

The Q2 works as a TWS IEM, as well as a wired IEM!

3EA5607A-D274-49C2-B190-E449B13A9ACC.jpeg930CE697-6EA9-4D74-A591-8F9AE10BFB16.jpeg

It wouldn’t be that difficult. The wired jack simply bypasses all of the electronics, and attaches directly to the drivers.

Yeah i know about Q2 and I agree @Slater they should take this move too. Its very convenient when you can use them as wired if they run out of juice since this Z1 battery cant hold long run.

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #49,872 of 64,373
Yeah i know about Q2 and I agree @Slater they should take this move too. Its very convenient when you can use them as wired if they run out of juice since this Z1 battery cant hold long run.

Yes, wired mode when battery life is run down, and also for absolute best sound performance.

C’mon KZ, we know you can do it!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #49,873 of 64,373
Hey guys, hope you're all doing good.
I've been looking for an upgraded cable with inline mic for my KZ ZSN Pro (KZ C-pin/QDC). When I bought them I didn't think about how much I'd miss having an inline mic, and the standard cable tangles quite a lot. I'm looking for alternatives to the KZ upgraded cable with an inline mic, and I saw KB Ear has a similar cable with good reviews. I'll leave you links for both cables below, and if anyone knows about a better option with QDC/KZ C-pin and inline mic, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

KZ upgraded cable w/mic:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000029614965.html

KBear cable w/mic:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000141337661.html

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #49,874 of 64,373
:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Then jump over to the IMR threads to see how one recovers in today's world:rolling_eyes: Bet he's long time friends of the Trumpster:laughing: Now I'll digress since I have ridden both trains:smirk: I guess once a fool always a fool :wink:

Trinity Tribute - The Bob.JPG

Not to mention:
IM1- Tomahawk.JPG
My Number 1.JPG

R2-C3-1S.JPG

Now to get back on track with some honest Chinese offerings of the KZ persuasion:beerchug:

KZ Inventory.JPG

Man...that is a really awesome stash of toilet paper. XD

Apr 30, 2020 at 12:24 AM Post #49,875 of 64,373

z1.jpg

z1 xun.jpg

kz z1 TWS FR.jpg

the graph they compared to looks a little like the KZ S1.

YHZqbfp.jpg

the 2 hour battery is kinda worrying though, seems like the new driver is taking up more space so the battery inside is smaller than the one in the S1 (from 40mAh to 30mAh). :/ hopefully it's just that they're testing battery life at a much louder volume and at normal listening volume it might be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back