Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 5, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #49,636 of 64,388
Bought the first kz bt module (b pin) a few months ago, because it was just around 5 bucks. Did not except it, but one of the strongest connectivity i met.
I use it with ES4 for biking or moving around in the apartment.

I liked the lucky bag aptx 2 pin cable sound better (more neutral, the kz elevates the treble a bit), but the cable broke just after a month of use (one side above the pin, quieter or no signal). Which is never happens to me, even with cheap jvc earphones. So now I am afraid to use my backup one.

Apr 5, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #49,638 of 64,388
The S2 has touch controls though. not physical buttons :joy:
Oh shoot, really?

1586105922134.png

This image from the KZ S2's page on Linsoul show physical button looking things.

Apr 5, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #49,639 of 64,388
Here's another track that sounds amazing on the BA10:

Apr 5, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #49,640 of 64,388
Oh shoot, really?

This image from the KZ S2's page on Linsoul show physical button looking things.

Yeah, that circular thing basically is where the touch area is. But it is pretty responsive though. Been using a review that Linsoul sent for a couple of days now. Same low latency mode too. But a nice update over the S1 is that there is now a voice prompt telling you which mode you are in. On the S1, it's the same beeping sound no matter whether you turn it on or off. :/

OJmJlEf.jpg

Apr 5, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #49,643 of 64,388
My Tin audio T2's stock cable is damaged so I ordered a KZ MMCX cable with memory wire, but I feel like wearing memory wire over my ears keeps pushing the shell out of my ears, stock T2' cable is much more comfort because the cable run straight down. I tried to remove the memory wire, I cut the plastic but I can't withdraw the metal piece, I think I would need a new budget cable, do you have any suggestion?

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #49,644 of 64,388
My Tin audio T2's stock cable is damaged so I ordered a KZ MMCX cable with memory wire, but I feel like wearing memory wire over my ears keeps pushing the shell out of my ears, stock T2' cable is much more comfort because the cable run straight down. I tried to remove the memory wire, I cut the plastic but I can't withdraw the metal piece, I think I would need a new budget cable, do you have any suggestion?

Wrap the bare memory wire around your finger a few times (like a ring) and pull the memory wire out. It will definitely come out, as I've removed dozens of them. Some pop out easier than others.

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #49,648 of 64,388
I have the ZS10Pro. Do I need the CCA12?

Personally I have always found the ZS10 Pro to be the best in the range and it's my personal favourite chi-fi IEM. That said the CCA12's are a fantastic IEM but a bit more V shaped. Significantly more bass impact and a slightly elevated treble but not to the point of becoming harsh. I wouldn't rush out and buy them as an upgrade. They are both excellent earphones with one being more neutral and the other with a slightly more V shaped presentation. The one thing I can state with confidence is that the CCA12 wins over the ZSX but again they're all just different tuning's

Apr 5, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #49,649 of 64,388
Personally I have always found the ZS10 Pro to be the best in the range and it's my personal favourite chi-fi IEM. That said the CCA12's are a fantastic IEM but a bit more V shaped. Significantly more bass impact and a slightly elevated treble but not to the point of becoming harsh. I wouldn't rush out and buy them as an upgrade. They are both excellent earphones with one being more neutral and the other with a slightly more V shaped presentation. The one thing I can state with confidence is that the CCA12 wins over the ZSX but again they're all just different tuning's
Thanks for your comment on this. I have had CCA C12 and ZSX in my cart for weeks now. I own ZS10 PRO and they are my favorite of the other 4 iems I own for most of the music I listen to. Don't feel the need to spend more money to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back