Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 2, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #49,606 of 63,957
ZSX are quite better than the TRN V90 in my opinion after about a month of rotating quarantine use. I originally thought they were similar but the ZSX just deliver a wider soundstage, better deeper reaching low end, and are more refined with no sibilance anywhere. TRN V90 are good, but ZSX is still much better. ZSX run circles on all IEM's I own.

Looking at likely being furloughed this week after being promoted to a large pay increase, so TRN V90 are probably my final IEM for awhile.
Try porting your zsx if you have the resources to? Sound signature exactly the same but soundstage is vastly widened & instrument separation improved

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #49,607 of 63,957
Try porting your zsx if you have the resources to? Sound signature exactly the same but soundstage is vastly widened & instrument separation improved

I just bought 2 pairs so I might give it a try on a pair. I'll post if I do.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #49,608 of 63,957
Seriously though. The ZSX lows absolutely go, and they aren't overpowered, just....great reach. Ridiculously good even with stock tips. I never am disappointed with these no matter what genre I'm listening to.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #49,609 of 63,957
Yes the have better depth, impact Nd accuracy at very low frequencies than most iem I heard prior to this zsx.
The difference between stock and ported bass is like being in a club where you can feel the subwoofer. Ported bass is like being in the middle center of an arena show. It’s bigger and wider but hits you less.
I’ll be honest I haven’t touched as10 since I last posted here.
Zsx with the silver plated cable to bring a bit of sparkle to the treble. And the porting to widen the stage is the icing on the cake.

oh btw I would have got more likes if I had never brought up the mod and just said I gave my gf zs10 pro and she loves them. I never tried them. I’m sure they’re good. She doesn’t need me trying to optimize and criticize her IEMs.

I put 2 months of daily listening in my zsx before I decide to attempt porting.
I don’t know if burn in exists but if it does these babies are burnt in!

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #49,610 of 63,957
Just noticed that linsoul's own page now says that the KZ S2 is aac only and using realtek 8763 instead of the qcc3020. hmmm....

Yeah, 8763 is the first bluetooth chipset from Realtek, so we will see how it's going to perform. I would definitely prefer newest QC3020 from Qualcomm (with aac and aptx), which is leading company in the field of BT chipsets. I wanted to preorder S2 but ordered S1 instead and will wait for the first reviews...

Apr 2, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #49,611 of 63,957
ZSX are quite better than the TRN V90 in my opinion after about a month of rotating quarantine use. I originally thought they were similar but the ZSX just deliver a wider soundstage, better deeper reaching low end, and are more refined with no sibilance anywhere. TRN V90 are good, but ZSX is still much better. ZSX run circles on all IEM's I own.

Looking at likely being furloughed this week after being promoted to a large pay increase, so TRN V90 are probably my final IEM for awhile. Was really looking forward to being severely disappointed by the big IEM players :).

Sorry to hear about the furlough and hope we have a fast recovery on the Vid-19! THX for the V90 take as I’ve been off and on with them for some time especially after MB posted her Midnight blue pair with that purple cable:-0 Not too expensive I’ve just got more iem’s than I could wear out in a lifetime and at 63 how much time can that honestly be right:) Like I said before I love my BA10 but at this point if I could only have one KZ it’s the ZSX hands down. Cherrs and good luck!

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #49,613 of 63,957
KZ just announced yet another TWS pair - the Z1. That makes two new wireless sets from them, with the S2 coming soon to Linsoul and Indiegogo.

FB_IMG_1585900970822.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #49,614 of 63,957
KZ just announced yet another TWS pair - the Z1. That makes two new wireless sets from them, with the S2 coming soon to Linsoul and Indiegogo.

FB_IMG_1585900970822.jpg

After the connectivity issues of their previous TWS releases, I'm still gonna wait for reviews for both. Maybe their strategy is by releasing more TWS simultaneously, they are hoping that at least one will succeed?

Apr 3, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #49,615 of 63,957
After the connectivity issues of their previous TWS releases, I'm still gonna wait for reviews for both. Maybe their strategy is by releasing more TWS simultaneously, they are hoping that at least one will succeed?
Hard to say. I honestly had high hopes for the S2, but right now it seems that holding back and waiting for reviews for both new sets would be the smart thing to do.
I wonder if they actually ditched the wired designs for good or if it's just a fad.

Apr 3, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #49,616 of 63,957
Hard to say. I honestly had high hopes for the S2, but right now it seems that holding back and waiting for reviews for both new sets would be the smart thing to do.
I wonder if they actually ditched the wired designs for good or if it's just a fad.

You know, I’ve been thinking about that. I wonder if the nickname they gave the ZSX -> “Terminator of Hybrid Technology”, was their way of saying ‘this is the last of its kind from us; the best we can do; the pinnacle of the KZ hybrid line of wired earphones’. Terminate means the ending of something.

E54D0AAC-FDE8-413C-8766-87D1741A71F3.jpeg

Seeing how they and CCA haven’t come out with a single wired model after the ZSX, it might signal that as far as KZ is concerned, it’s TWS from here on out. Sure seems to be that way...

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #49,617 of 63,957
I am finding the BA10 wonderful for classical music. Very natural wide range sound. This sounds amazing, very beautiful music:

Apr 3, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #49,618 of 63,957
You know, I’ve been thinking about that. I wonder if the nickname they gave the ZSX -> “Terminator of Hybrid Technology”, was their way of saying ‘this is the last of its kind from us; the best we can do; the pinnacle of the KZ hybrid line of wired earphones’. Terminate means the ending of something.

E54D0AAC-FDE8-413C-8766-87D1741A71F3.jpeg

Seeing how they and CCA haven’t come out with a single wired model after the ZSX, it might signal that as far as KZ is concerned, it’s TWS from here on out. Sure seems to be that way...

Looks like it. Also, sub $50 wireless iem market doesn't have an undisputed leader unlike KZ in wired market. They want to grab every potential segment in the sub $50 region. Or maybe they listened to our pleas of coming up with DD iems and ditched the hybrid line. Lol.

Apr 3, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #49,620 of 63,957
I'm curious. Are my posts not showing up in this thread or does nobody here give a single screw to even acknowledge my posts?

There’s a significant drop in traffic to HeadFi in general due to the global pandemic. As you might imagine, that is a slightly more important issue for most people right now.

In addition, the KZ thread has not been very active lately due to basically no new models being released lately.

I’d answer your eartip recommendation question, but unfortunately I don’t own the ZSX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back