Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 28, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #48,661 of 64,382
THX for the great review Mr. Crabs, have been looking at them for the wife for running. On the BT cutout is it a distance thing? She wears her phone on her arm so the ear pieces would be closer than say beltline like I wear mine:thinking:

So looking at my current KZ Inventory these are those that have survived with me out of what was surely over 3 dozen since I started buying KZ's. He obviously liked his ZS6's enough to buy 3 colors:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, it's not a distance thing. Even with my phone or DAP sitting on the desk right in front of me or in my pocket it would randomly cut out pretty regularly. YMMV though, maybe I just have a lot of water (or poop) in my head that messes with the signal. :smile:

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #48,662 of 64,382
No, it's not a distance thing. Even with my phone or DAP sitting on the desk right in front of me or in my pocket it would randomly cut out pretty regularly. YMMV though, maybe I just have a lot of water (or poop) in my head that messes with the signal. :smile:

Obviously the Metal Plate from the War:wink: I really like the look, driver count and was thinking they looked like they would stay on but not sure how she would deal with cutout:thinking:

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #48,663 of 64,382
While the KZ E10 is a good earphone it's not without issues and feels like another one that was rushed to ride the early TWS adopters wave. My review is live for anyone interested.

Nice review as always! aside from good reviews, the E10 themselves seems like inferior from ZSX in terms on sound quality. I guess they have that steely / metallic timbre again? and peaky high mids. Quite a look though with all blacks

Oct 28, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #48,664 of 64,382
Nice review as always! aside from good reviews, the E10 themselves seems like inferior from ZSX in terms on sound quality. I guess they have that steely / metallic timbre again? and peaky high mids. Quite a look though with all blacks

I'm not even sure my wife would even pick up the High Mid freq. stuff but she would sure let me know they cut in and out:rolling_eyes: Speaking of the ZSX been in mine all morning again and I'm not sure which designer at KZ did them but I still say they were heavily inspired by General Grievous:open_mouth:

Grievous Inspired.JPG

Oct 29, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #48,666 of 64,382
When I measure the actual size of the nozzle, the outer part (where to silver screen is) is 5.5mm (therefore the 145 is stetched as shown in your pictures) but I do not have a caliper to measure the inner diameter (however the silver nozzle length is 6mm). I do not have SpinFits (using foam atm) but @Keputs may be able to give more feedback.

Now that i've been using the large spinfits cp155 on my ZSX for a couple of months, I can say that perhaps the 145 would have a tighter fit on the nozzles. Due to regular use for the past weeks, the left and right tips finally unplugged from the nozzles and were left in my ears. Happened only once. I tried the large 145s on it and, indeed it was more difficult to insert on the ZSX nozzle. Still, I can live with the slight looseness as I prefer the extended length of the 155 (11mm vs.the 145s 10.11mm) which penetrates deeper in my ear canal resulting in a better seal and sound. Just have to be a little extra careful. And that's Ok with me.

Oct 29, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #48,667 of 64,382
yes the Bluetooth cutouts are no surprise to me, because the ear-hooks statically couple the antenna energy and trapping it behind the ears.
That's not how antennas work or radiate. Your ear is invisible to 2.4Ghz bluetooth. You may get antenna inefficiencies from interference with water in your body, but any good design would account for that. Even with efficiencies, light would still scatter.

Oct 29, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #48,668 of 64,382
It’s not a common problem, but it has happened to a few people:

Oh man that is a pisser! So Slater have you been getting my PM's? Been trying to ping you but not heard back:wink:

Oct 29, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #48,670 of 64,382
I just received my E10s today, and I'm sorry to confirm all the other reports. The Bluetooth is possibly the worst I've used in years (since the early days of BT 2.0 when 2 feet away was too far). These things cut out when my phone is in my pants pocket. In case you're wondering, no, my slacks don't have a Faraday cage in them. This is ridiculous - the "beta test" TWS they put out kicked this pair's butt. The sound is nice, but having to keep my phone basically in the line of sight is a deal breaker. I guess they need to stick to wired and leave the TWS to companies who don't have cranial-rectal inversion issues.

Oct 29, 2019 at 8:56 PM Post #48,672 of 64,382
I just received my E10s today, and I'm sorry to confirm all the other reports. The Bluetooth is possibly the worst I've used in years (since the early days of BT 2.0 when 2 feet away was too far). These things cut out when my phone is in my pants pocket. In case you're wondering, no, my slacks don't have a Faraday cage in them. This is ridiculous - the "beta test" TWS they put out kicked this pair's butt. The sound is nice, but having to keep my phone basically in the line of sight is a deal breaker. I guess they need to stick to wired and leave the TWS to companies who don't have cranial-rectal inversion issues.

so they still weak on BT tech, just like their BT modules. Hopefully they can fix it someday. Thanks for your honest information

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #48,673 of 64,382
In another thread someone mentioned Sedna Earfit ear tips, which I've never heard of before, and out of curiosity, I bought some - I was intrigued by the idea of an ear tip which was both wide bore and promised to raise the treble in the >10kHz range while leaving most of the other frequencies alone (most wide bores I have either raise the bass, or lower the treble, or raise the bass and treble). Anyway, I've been trying the Sedna tips on my earphones, and I stopped at the ZS7, which previously just hadn't gotten along with me with any tips I'd tried. For my ears, the raising of the >10kHz treble by Sedna tips seem to be just the ticket! I really like the ZS7 now.

Oct 30, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #48,674 of 64,382
In another thread someone mentioned Sedna Earfit ear tips, which I've never heard of before, and out of curiosity, I bought some - I was intrigued by the idea of an ear tip which was both wide bore and promised to raise the treble in the >10kHz range while leaving most of the other frequencies alone (most wide bores I have either raise the bass, or lower the treble, or raise the bass and treble). Anyway, I've been trying the Sedna tips on my earphones, and I stopped at the ZS7, which previously just hadn't gotten along with me with any tips I'd tried. For my ears, the raising of the >10kHz treble by Sedna tips seem to be just the ticket! I really like the ZS7 now.

You broke it down in a nutshell, I remember once thinking about tossing all my spare tips but in most cases with iem's they are the key. I truly believe way too many people let iem's go because they've just not spent the time to get the tips that not only fit the iem but you ear as well. I think I have it in my signature these days and to take you back to one of my dad's favorite actors quotes from the "Guns of Will Sonnett" (I'm sure a lot of you young bucks won't know who I'm talking about) but he always used the line "No brags, just facts".

Now that I think about that would be a great candidates slogan especially in today's political climate:open_mouth: Oh no he deent:scream:

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #48,675 of 64,382

Nice, in fact, they fitted like spiral dots, but without the dots, made highs not as dull and imaging not as blurry as spiral dots. I'm using sedna for my BLON and ZSX (but fit isnt the best with ZSX due longer nozzle of the sedna), they have Sedna short actually but difficult to find

Users who are viewing this thread

Back