Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 27, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #48,646 of 64,385
I have it, but don't use it much, I use earbuds 90% of the time at work now and only take the V2 out when I need more isolation... which it doesn't really provide lol.

I still like its globally balanced tuning (I don't mean neutral, but that it's good all-around with no major flaw), but now that I'm accustomed to earbuds it has too much bass for me, bass that is also slow in decay, been spoiled with the extremely quick bass of the nicehck EBX and have a hard time going back now.

I ordered the Tin T2 to compare with the V2, now that my taste has changed and I like less bass. Scared of the treble that many report as being too much, but we'll see, for 30€ no big deal.

Are you referring to the (banned) Y***** V2? I have the first edition, from when it was new, and I like it for ballads, 'comedown' music, and the like (...sad music).

I saw that it had a "third tuning" during the August sale, and almost bought it for $30. But I already kinda like mine, so I'm not sure if the third tuning will be better or worse. Do you know of the difference between tunings?

Oct 27, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #48,647 of 64,385
Are you referring to the (banned) Y***** V2? I have the first edition, from when it was new, and I like it for ballads, 'comedown' music, and the like (...sad music).

I saw that it had a "third tuning" during the August sale, and almost bought it for $30. But I already kinda like mine, so I'm not sure if the third tuning will be better or worse. Do you know of the difference between tunings?

Indeed referring to the v3, sorry haven't compared with earlier versions. There are not that many cable down iems that have 2 pins, so why not get the rev3 at discount, if that aspect matters to you, it's said on internets to be largely the best tuning.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #48,648 of 64,385
Thanks. Preferred genres are rock/metal/blues with some classical, jazz and house thrown into the mix as well. Sound signature wise, I'm seeking a detailed sound with a big soundstage (I hope that's enough information?).

I forgot to mention in that rundown I gave you that people also speak very highly of the Toneking Ninetails. It allegedly has good characteristics, including soundstage, and you can customize the sound 'shape' with 9 different filters. I would have bought one for myself, but it has weak isolation, and I was looking for an isolating IEM. If isolation isn't an issue, the Ninetails should give you really good sound in that price bracket.

EDIT: Also, there's a current hypetrain IEM called the Blon BL-03. I didn't recommend it at first because it is more suited to your secondary needs (classical and jazz), since it has a good timbre.

But you might want to check out this helpful review, which compares the BL-03 to other current favourites, because it will educate you a little about the other favourite IEMs:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/blon-bl-03.23894/reviews#review-22744

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #48,649 of 64,385
The KZ TWS E10 is really really nice. My favorite KZ actually. Heck of a nice refined harmanish sound. Thumbs up for sure.

I get around 8-10 hours on a single charge. The range is great. Sound is exciting overall but not harsh in any way. Bass goes quite deep. Whats not to love?! By far the best TWS iems I've heard.

compared to BLON BL-03?

ow you have zsx too.. compared to BL-03 and ZSX then please!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #48,650 of 64,385
hello,

i just got the ZS10 pro, wow the sound aggressive in the uppermids.

a 2mm piece of porous foam under the metalcap in the nozzle and they sound like the ZS5 with a little more details and better center.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #48,651 of 64,385
Is the "A" version of this cable...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33043802472.html
...better than the stock cable that comes with the KZ ZS7?

EDIT:
Nevermind.
I read some reviews on AliExpress, and this cable is good enough for me.
wink.png

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #48,652 of 64,385
The KZ TWS E10 is really really nice. My favorite KZ actually. Heck of a nice refined harmanish sound. Thumbs up for sure.

I get around 8-10 hours on a single charge. The range is great. Sound is exciting overall but not harsh in any way. Bass goes quite deep. Whats not to love?! By far the best TWS iems I've heard.

looks good, i just ordered one.

i was searching for aptx TWS for a wile now.

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #48,653 of 64,385
I just got the KZ ZS10 pro in the mail. Massive improvement over the ZS5, but of course there's already several generations in between (ZS6, ZS7).
Fitment is great. Slightly long nozzles, smooth round shapes, wears very comfortably in bed. Seems to hold quite snug into my earcup, the whole construction feels very natural. Finally ridges on the nozzles, to keep the eartips in place. The new cable/connector seems okay, but the cable doesn't tell you what is left or right. You have to figure it out from the shape of the connectors.
I hope the new protruding connector isn't prone to breaking. I might order a few spare connectors. The screws to disassemble them are extremely small.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #48,654 of 64,385
Why would you say that? My ears aren’t very large. For reference the original ZS10 was way too large for me. As soon as I would get a seal they would pop out. I ditched those real quick. The ZSX is not suppose to fit in the ear straight up and down it’s intended to fit at a diagonal into the natural shape of the ear.

LOOKING at the ZSX one could come to the conclusion that it’s bulky and ill fitting mess but that conclusion would be the furthest from the truth.

I do use a smaller tip than normal but that’s due to the extended reach of the nozzle. I could see many people making the same mistake as I did initially in using my go to tips.
I agree about the fact that many of the housings are bulky, for example TRN makes much smoother shells and smaller IEMs, but I even agree that what is uncomfortable to me can be comfortable to soneone else.
I have ZSX and ZS7 as well with my ZS6, ZS10 Pro, and more KZ earphones and I personally find the ZSX uncomfortable to me after a short use (like 20mins) but hey, it's me. I have some friends who love them. I even hate the ZS3 but most of us love them and say they fit like a glove.
IEMs are 90% down to personal preference, and way harder to manage if compared to over/on ear headphones.

I just got the KZ ZS10 in the mail. Massive improvement over the ZS5, but of course there's already several generations in between (ZS6, ZS7).
Fitment is great. Slightly long nozzles, smooth round shapes, wears very comfortably in bed. Seems to hold quite snug into my earcup, the whole construction feels very natural. Finally ridges on the nozzles, to keep the eartips in place. The new cable/connector seems okay, but the cable doesn't tell you what is left or right. You have to figure it out from the shape of the connectors.
I hope the new protruding connector isn't prone to breaking. I might order a few spare connectors. The screws to disassemble them are extremely small.
Maybe you mean the new ZS10 Pro and not the original ZS10.

ANYWAY
I got my CCA C12 and I can say I love them. I even prefer them to my ZSX.

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #48,655 of 64,385
Maybe you mean the new ZS10 Pro and not the original ZS10.

ANYWAY
I got my CCA C12 and I can say I love them. I even prefer them to my ZSX.
oh. yes, indeed! ZS10 pro.
i'm using it with a fiio BTR1K. I should probably look into equalisation now. this combination is pretty nice: good value, good build quality, sound quality is more than sufficient.

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #48,657 of 64,385
I just got the KZ ZS10 pro in the mail.

It’s not a common problem, but it has happened to a few people:

1E51FE61-2436-402F-ADB5-6014DB8FEFE0.png C9C81B59-6664-4723-94D0-E8BBF13546F6.png

Oct 28, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #48,658 of 64,385
ouch!
I'm already replacing MMCX connectors on other IEM (BGVP DMG), hoping they're better quality and not cut out all the time
why you need equitation if the sound quality is more than sufficient?:ksc75smile:
because I'm curious, and because nothing is perfect. well, maybe there's no need for equalizing if I spend 10-100 times as much money.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #48,659 of 64,385
While the KZ E10 is a good earphone it's not without issues and feels like another one that was rushed to ride the early TWS adopters wave. My review is live for anyone interested.

DSC_3694_result.jpg

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #48,660 of 64,385
While the KZ E10 is a good earphone it's not without issues and feels like another one that was rushed to ride the early TWS adopters wave. My review is live for anyone interested.

THX for the great review Mr. Crabs, have been looking at them for the wife for running. On the BT cutout is it a distance thing? She wears her phone on her arm so the ear pieces would be closer than say beltline like I wear mine:thinking:

So looking at my current KZ Inventory these are those that have survived with me out of what was surely over 3 dozen since I started buying KZ's. He obviously liked his ZS6's enough to buy 3 colors:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

KZ Inventory.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back