Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 4, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #48,316 of 63,900
@Nimweth

I thought that there was a difference between .75 & .78 and didn't fit each other?

If .75 cables fit the Blon bl03 all the better, as I have them on order and plenty of spare KZ cables that could fit... hopefully
As the cable that comes with the Blon has issues I believe.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #48,317 of 63,900
If y'all think a $20 cable is making your $40 IEM change sound character I got a bridge to sell you.

Get a new cable to fix the physical problems of the stock (tangling, low splitter, 90 degree jack), not because you think it'll change how it sounds.

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #48,318 of 63,900
If y'all think a $20 cable is making your $40 IEM change sound character I got a bridge to sell you.

Get a new cable to fix the physical problems of the stock (tangling, low splitter, 90 degree jack), not because you think it'll change how it sounds.

Just keep in mind that placebo effect is real - as in the mind is a powerful thing, and things like color, shape, texture, smell (all the different senses) as well as mental expectation all play a role in affecting what we experience (i.e. it really changes things for the person experiencing something, senses are malleable that way). So we shouldn't discount people's different experiences with cables, I think those cables are affecting their senses, but the cause of that effect is probably not how the electricity is flowing through the cable due to it's construction so much as the person's sense being changed by how their brain is perceiving and expecting their experience to be based on what they're seeing/feeling/thinking. I don't expect everyone to be interested in the level of introspection and self-analysis to suss out these differences, and just tend to pay more attention to the posters who do. I usually don't try to change the habits of other people unless they ask or are genuinely interested in human physiology and psychology and how our senses work (which is tricky, because some of this stuff can overlap with our egos, sense of self, and how we value and perceive our own senses and judgements, which can be a touchy subject).

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #48,319 of 63,900
@Nimweth

I thought that there was a difference between .75 & .78 and didn't fit each other?

If .75 cables fit the Blon bl03 all the better, as I have them on order and plenty of spare KZ cables that could fit... hopefully
I have various cables from different manufacturers which I have used successfully on my CCA, KZ, KBEAR and other makes as well as the BLON BL-03 and all fit well, though some are not quite as secure as others. Some members here (including me) found the stock cable on the BLON problematic as it compromised the fit.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #48,321 of 63,900
@Nimweth

Yes the difference is their pins' diameter.
Altough it's only 0.03 mm pretty small difference.
The 0.78 should fit in a 0.75 port too. But once you insert the bigger once (0.78) the thinner one would not be that fit anymore. Like, you know the idea.
In my case I bought a spare 0.78 cable for my KZ ZST and I exchange it pretty often. Then at some point I plug the original cable (0.75) it become loose and unplugged easily

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #48,322 of 63,900
Just keep in mind that placebo effect is real - as in the mind is a powerful thing, and things like color, shape, texture, smell (all the different senses) as well as mental expectation all play a role in affecting what we experience (i.e. it really changes things for the person experiencing something, senses are malleable that way). So we shouldn't discount people's different experiences with cables, I think those cables are affecting their senses, but the cause of that effect is probably not how the electricity is flowing through the cable due to it's construction so much as the person's sense being changed by how their brain is perceiving and expecting their experience to be based on what they're seeing/feeling/thinking. I don't expect everyone to be interested in the level of introspection and self-analysis to suss out these differences, and just tend to pay more attention to the posters who do. I usually don't try to change the habits of other people unless they ask or are genuinely interested in human physiology and psychology and how our senses work (which is tricky, because some of this stuff can overlap with our egos, sense of self, and how we value and perceive our own senses and judgements, which can be a touchy subject).

I say it because people are spending money that they had to earn via work. I dislike the idea of someone being out $10, $50, $100+ dollars on something that genuinely is not improving their experience when there are other avenues that wouldn't be essentially burning their cash.

Yes, if someone just has money coming out of their ears, then have fun spending it, but personally I would much rather help guide someone to more useful spending. I fear these forums often leave people blowing cash left and right on things that they shouldn't be in order to achieve some effect that said purchases are legitimately incapable of producing. It's not just Emperor's New Clothes, it's people actually spending money to see the emperor in his new clothes.

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #48,323 of 63,900
Absolutely. But what I find interesting is that if expectation has an effect, some experiences were negative as well as positive. The mind truly is inscrutable!

Oct 4, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #48,324 of 63,900
Facts: Headphones and earphones all have tiny wires taking that same signal to and from the speaker (driver). That signal does not change when it flows through the cable then the tiny wire. Changes only occur when resistors and such are used. Science Bruh.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2019 at 7:38 AM Post #48,326 of 63,900
Facts: Headphones and earphones all have tiny wires taking that same signal to and from the speaker (driver). That signal does not change when it flows through the cable then the tiny wire. Changes only occur when resistors and such are used. Science Bruh.
I agree with that but a superior cable is able to minimise signal loss rather than magically change the flow of electrons.

Oct 5, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #48,327 of 63,900
Can anyone recommend a good upgrade cable for the ZSX? Preferably one with a chin slider and with the ”Type C” connection on the IEM end.

I have had a look at the cable thread but I think I am in over my head (and round the back of my ears) here.

I really love the feel of the cable that came with my audiosense t260. It’s super soft and hard to get tangled. I don’t know if any of you have tried that one but something like that would be fantastic. :)

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #48,328 of 63,900
Can anyone recommend a good upgrade cable for the ZSX? Preferably one with a chin slider and with the ”Type C” connection on the IEM end.

I have had a look at the cable thread but I think I am in over my head (and round the back of my ears) here.

I really love the feel of the cable that came with my audiosense t260. It’s super soft and hard to get tangled. I don’t know if any of you have tried that one but something like that would be fantastic. :)
Here's an inexpensive listing from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgraded-E...d=1570288784&sprefix=kz+cable+,aps,308&sr=8-5

Taking the bling up a notch, choose the QDC termination, 3.5 mm or 2.5 mm:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...7.0&pvid=128ce354-3236-49ba-9bdb-b8a0acc3ee2b

Oct 5, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #48,330 of 63,900

I have the first one on order already from AliExpress. I am loving the look of that second one. Chin slider and all, costs more that my IEM’s.
Shame there is not more choice in the less than £15 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back