Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 24, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #44,447 of 63,928
Thanks, does that mean that the sub-bass is as good as the ZS7? The problem I have with the T3 is that the bass is too light on songs that have a powerful bass and that the comfort/fit is really bad for me.

I have T3s, ZS10 PROs and ZS7s.
I'm gonna publish my reviews in these days but.. i can say something about the low end even here.

The t3s are surprisingly good in the low end. Bass and sub-bass are there when called for without adding any kind of boost.
ZS10 PROs has more punch, with an emphasized bass response that makes every kickdrum a real punch. If you like dubstep, you will like hearing the kicks with the ZS10 PROs. Even sub-bass is pretty good and well extended.
The ZS7s, on the other end, focus more on sub-bass, which is more extended compared to the ZS10 PROs imho, while bass is a bit more linear.
I prefer ZS7 lowend as i love their sub-bass extension, but that really comes to personal preference.
If you love a bassy experience, with boosted low-end, skip the T3s, they're awesome but too linear if you like some boosted rumble in the lows.

May 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #44,448 of 63,928
I have T3s, ZS10 PROs and ZS7s.
I'm gonna publish my reviews in these days but.. i can say something about the low end even here.

The t3s are surprisingly good in the low end. Bass and sub-bass are there when called for without adding any kind of boost.
ZS10 PROs has more punch, with an emphasized bass response that makes every kickdrum a real punch. If you like dubstep, you will like hearing the kicks with the ZS10 PROs. Even sub-bass is pretty good and well extended.
The ZS7s, on the other end, focus more on sub-bass, which is more extended compared to the ZS10 PROs imho, while bass is a bit more linear.
I prefer ZS7 lowend as i love their sub-bass extension, but that really comes to personal preference.
If you love a bassy experience, with boosted low-end, skip the T3s, they're awesome but too linear if you like some boosted rumble in the lows.
I own both the zs7 and the T3 too. I like the sound on the T3 more except I really want a little more bass/subbass on them and I really hate the fit on them. That is why I am looking for the zs10 pro

May 24, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #44,449 of 63,928
What KZ model is good for gaming?. I'm currently using a Xiaomi Piston v3, so my standards are not very high. It stills work well after all this years but got tired of its very bad microphonics.

I have to speak with you again about gaming IEMs from KZ.
I've passed the last night trying some KZs in gaming and i have to say i was wrong with ZS7. I found i had a strange sound profile when i tested them with games so i've just put everything off yesterday.

I'm now in love with my ZS7. They really amazed me yesterday on R6 Siege and PUBG.
CCA C10 can even be good, but the ZS7s are on another level, soundstage height really helps with enemy positioning at different heights.

If you wanna buy something, ZS7 and ZS7 are great. Sorry if i told you the opposite thing, but as soon as i've answered you i wanted to try again and realized i had something on that ruined my experience (some sort of equalization that automatically activates when i play games that has disappeared now that i decided to format my pc and reinstall everything).

ZS7s are my new competitive fps gaming companions :D

May 24, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #44,450 of 63,928
I own both the zs7 and the T3 too. I like the sound on the T3 more except I really want a little more bass/subbass on them and I really hate the fit on them. That is why I am looking for the zs10 pro

ZS10 PROs have great fitting.
They share the same shell with ZSN PROs, ZSN and CCA C10, which is, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable shells i have in my collection.

May 24, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #44,451 of 63,928
ZS10 PROs have great fitting.
They share the same shell with ZSN PROs, ZSN and CCA C10, which is, in my opinion, one of the most comfortable shells i have in my collection.
Know that since I have the zsn too. The sound is the only worrying part about it

May 24, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #44,452 of 63,928
The replacement for my KZ APTX HD Bluetooth 5.0 cable arrived and it's fixed :raised_hands: (Previous post with pictures)
Initial impressions using ZSNs comparing between the old and new adapter (around 30 mins of back and forth listening):
  • The cable has a little more give than the previous APTX adapter (2 pill) and no memory wire in the new model is a welcome change.
  • Still says "Turn off" on power up... Come on KZ not even a handful of phrases and making translation errors...
  • There is more clarity and separation. In comparison, the old adapter sounds a little muddy.
  • The bass has a little more depth.
I can't really tell a difference in sound quality between a cable and the adapter when using my phone (Redmi Note 7). Overall sounds quality is very good. Definitely a significant enough sound improvement over the old adapter. Will have to test and let you all know if the cutting out is gone. I hope so.
Best bet would be to order from the KZ store where I got this replacement from just to be sure you get the updated fixed adapter however for some reason the price has gone up and the current price of £34 would be hard to swallow. I paid £20 and felt like it could have been cheaper. Anyway HERE is the link to where I got it from.

P.S. The new adapter box had a production stamp so maybe that is an indicator if you got the fixed version(?) Although it's under the flap you have to you tear away to open the box so no exterior indicator. HERE is what it looks like. Everything else is the same.
So , the date label is different on the fixed cable?

On my third adapter i got a working one of the previous cable, so this one is better? Luckily the ali sellers just reshipped so did not loose money that time, just took almost 2 months to get a working one.

May 24, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #44,453 of 63,928
Know that since I have the zsn too. The sound is the only worrying part about it
Which kind of music do you listen to?
I was worried as well, but then i cannot be unfair: i received them for free as a test sample so it's obvious i had less doubts as i didn't had to spend money.
I understand your point anyway as 80% of my collection was bought with my personal (little) money.

May 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #44,454 of 63,928
Which kind of music do you listen to?
I was worried as well, but then i cannot be unfair: i received them for free as a test sample so it's obvious i had less doubts as i didn't had to spend money.
I understand your point anyway as 80% of my collection was bought with my personal (little) money.
I listen to quite a wide range of genres from Linkin park style rock to epic trailer music so I want something that is versatile. Which the T3 actually is except I want just a tad more bass

May 24, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #44,455 of 63,928
I can buy that measurable differences of impendance can change the sound signature, maybe even distortion levels, but for believing anything beyond that more theory is required... and, preferably, another property to measure.

You’d have to get @hakuzen’s input on that. He determined the sound differences between each of the cables. I don’t have anything high end enough to even hear a difference. I’m not sure what gear he used to make the audio determination. It was subjective I think.

There is probably no way to measure the sound difference with an instrument. Even 2 different IEMs with identical FR graphs can sound different.

I know he used a milliohm meter for the resistance measurements though.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #44,456 of 63,928
I listen to quite a wide range of genres from Linkin park style rock to epic trailer music so I want something that is versatile. Which the T3 actually is except I want just a tad more bass
Have you tried checking BQEYZ for some punchy and well refined products?
I do not have any of them, but everyone speaks well about'em.

May 24, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #44,457 of 63,928
Have you tried checking BQEYZ for some punchy and well refined products?
I do not have any of them, but everyone speaks well about'em.
No I haven't. But I do love the kzs is have right now

May 24, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #44,458 of 63,928
Yes, it seems that putting "Pro" after a model name/number is like a product label saying "New and Improved":rolling_eyes: I'm thinking about doing that with each new batch of beer I brew:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On the other hand, some companies used to change products or fix products without changing the name. Am I ordering the "fixed" one or the "broken" one with the same name. The KZ bluetooth headset is going through that right now.

May 24, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #44,459 of 63,928
No I haven't. But I do love the kzs is have right now

Check them out, just my 2$.
What is your daily driver at the moment?

On the other hand, some companies used to change products or fix products without changing the name. Am I ordering the "fixed" one or the "broken" one with the same name. The KZ bluetooth headset is going through that right now.
KZ has done that with the ZS5, making it crap and stopping the production of the ZS5v1, that was apparently their best legendary product.

May 24, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #44,460 of 63,928
So , the date label is different on the fixed cable?

On my third adapter i got a working one of the previous cable, so this one is better? Luckily the ali sellers just reshipped so did not loose money that time, just took almost 2 months to get a working one.
Date label is on the new one. No date label on the first one I got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back