Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 15, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #44,011 of 63,919
Delete

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #44,012 of 63,919
Another day, another IEM, lol ...
As usual I'm a bit late to the party but I finally ordered the ZSA as well; two pairs actually so I can mod them step by step (dampening, tuning, crossover, driver transplants, ...) and can compare the result of each step to the other pair. I originally planned the same thing with my ZS6 (3 pairs) but that has time and I rather start out with a two-driver configuration and see how far it gets.

May 15, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #44,014 of 63,919
Penon want's nearly exclusive rights to sell a lot of products and that may have been a dogfight with KZ as they tend to fan out pretty wide. First KZ exclusive I can think of was the Zs7.

May 15, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #44,015 of 63,919
Hi.

A quick question about the KZ ZS5 . Are all the Full box editions V1,s ?

I think both models came in the same packaging so the only way to be certain is to look in the nozzle for the rings. single ring = 1 ba = V1.

May 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #44,017 of 63,919
I just love v1 KZ's:grin: Here's a 6 pack to go:wink:

KZ Hybrids.JPG

May 15, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #44,019 of 63,919
nice can you ship to Thailand?

i can get them next day free shipping.:L3000:

but are the V1,s i don't no jet.

Yes, both are v1's, I made sellers open and send me ring picture before I'd order. The gray ones were easy as I ordered them as soon as released but waited a couple months on the blue so I had the seller confirm:rolling_eyes: So I only have one pair left as one of our fellow brother's out here gave me a real sob story and I caved:smirk: LOL In all honesty I let him have them since I preferred the ZST and ZS6 over my 5v1's (Say What):astonished: Going to have to hold onto this pair though but hope you can find another and be careful with those Mods:scream:

Seems I let the Gray ones go:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ZSN53.JPG

May 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #44,020 of 63,919
Well I ordered my second pair of IEM's. They are the KZ ZS10 Pro. Nice thing I like about separate bank accounts from the wife is I can hide by buys lol. People in here talked highly of them so I was like why not lol. I think after this buy I will look for a DAC to connect to my phones. I have been enjoying my KZ a lot and now want to get better tips for them. I can see this is going to be an addiction for sure.

May 15, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #44,021 of 63,919
Well I ordered my second pair of IEM's. They are the KZ ZS10 Pro. Nice thing I like about separate bank accounts from the wife is I can hide by buys lol. People in here talked highly of them so I was like why not lol. I think after this buy I will look for a DAC to connect to my phones. I have been enjoying my KZ a lot and now want to get better tips for them. I can see this is going to be an addiction for sure.

Welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet. Now your biggest fear becomes that someday your wife will sell your gear based on what you told her you paid for it.

May 15, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #44,022 of 63,919

Until she sees them piling up in the corners... or sticking out of your ears... I have personal experience with this. I don't even try to hide mine from him.

Welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet. Now your biggest fear becomes that someday your wife will sell your gear based on what you told her you paid for it.

Lol... there are some things here cost about ten times more than I was originally told... that was before I joined headfi myself:)

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #44,025 of 63,919
Still one of the best. Took them out for a listen last night and decided to take some pics. If you don't own an ED9 yet, do yourself a favour and fix that asap.

Wow do you actually keep yours in that tiny case? I had to give mine more room. Love them with the darker (not shiny) filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back