Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 28, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #42,826 of 63,917
I am starting to like the NiceHCK 8 core cable on the AS10 now. I'm not sure what happened before... I was walking downhill and they kept falling out of my ears but while walking on flat ground they stay in.

The stock cable has better isolation but this 8 core cable has thumpier bass and a more lively energetic sound then the dark original cable. It's like a whole new IEM and for $9USD.

One person said that they like the C10 better than the AS10 and I read a review that said the same but I am pretty sure they never heard this NiceHCK cable/AS10 combo! Its basically an AS10 Pro.

Hi, can you please give us the link for your "NiceHCK 8 core cable" that makes C10 & AS10 sound so well !

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #42,827 of 63,917
I wonder if there are any music players that let you equalize the left and right channel differently, that might help in this case. It could be your eustachian tubes that are clogged causing the bass problems. For me it is also an exception when I have no sinus problems at all, but this winter it was much worse than usual.

I'm also having left/right imbalance problems as my left ear is slightly less compared to the right ear. This is why I used Cowons and Rockboxed music players where I can change the L/R balance. Nowadays I use my phone a lot combined with FiiO Bluetooth adapters. I don't know about other phone brands but Samsung has a 'Sound Assistant' app on the Play Store that lets you change the L/R balance amongst other things.

Ontopic, curious about the ZSN update. Hope it's not super bassy.

Mar 28, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #42,828 of 63,917
If only these two are available for selection, then the CCA C10.

Otherwise have a look at this one, I think it's just right!

https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear/Hersteller/DIY-EARPHONE/DR2
I didn't know about them. Initially, I thought of KZ AS10 but some of the reviews said that AS06 is somewhat better. later I found the CCA C10 from a youtube video. I don't know much and solely reliant on the user reviews. Do you have the DR2? Is it better than CCA C10?
I use fiio X1 and mobile for listening.

Mar 28, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #42,829 of 63,917
I didn't know about them. Initially, I thought of KZ AS10 but some of the reviews said that AS06 is somewhat better. later I found the CCA C10 from a youtube video. I don't know much and solely reliant on the user reviews. Do you have the DR2? Is it better than CCA C10?
I use fiio X1 and mobile for listening.

Yes I have, this is also my page :wink:

To compare the two is difficult, because they have different demands. The DR2 has a larger V signature, but it sounds very natural. And an unbelievably strong bass beat without covering the mids too much. They are very lively and detailed, as are the trebles. The DR2 has a great fun factor.

The C10 has a less pronounced V-signature, is somewhat more homogeneous and sensitive. Definitely the more audiophile in-ear of both.

DR2: naturalness (especially in voice reproduction), fun

C10: Balanced, Allrounder, Details

Mar 28, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #42,830 of 63,917
I wonder if there are any music players that let you equalize the left and right channel differently, that might help in this case. It could be your eustachian tubes that are clogged causing the bass problems. For me it is also an exception when I have no sinus problems at all, but this winter it was much worse than usual.

I seriously don't know. The problem is the right ear is kinda "splashy" when i wear IEMs. I do not have earwax as i clean my ears daily with sprays and warm water, so it couldn't be that.
I seriously do not know what to do even because the otolaryngologist said i have no problems.. but i really feel sad listening to music like that. Over ear are not a probem but they're not comfortable like IEMs and not as comfortable and easy to carry and use.
I don't know who ask to.

In any case, i got zsn pro shipped today with another banned brand IEM that i could not name.

I'm even liking the CCA C10, that's great, hope i got more great sounding iems coming.

Mar 28, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #42,831 of 63,917
I have been experimenting with "absolute phase". I reversed the pins on both channels of my ZS7 and obtained an improved stereo image and soundstage. It depends on the phase alignment of your source device/amplifier. Get all the phases aligned and it sounds great. I do this on my Hi-Fi and it is very effective. It's worth experimenting to get the best result.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #42,832 of 63,917
I have been experimenting with "absolute phase". I reversed the pins on both channels of my ZS7 and obtained an improved stereo image and soundstage. It depends on the phase alignment of your source device/amplifier. Get all the phases aligned and it sounds great. I do this on my Hi-Fi and it is very effective. It's worth experimenting to get the best result.

It sounds better when you’d think it wouldn’t, at least I did,
V30 and **** due tomorrow....a fun day and weekend ahead!
Hows the ZS7?

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #42,833 of 63,917

I’ve heard of people swearing by this, as it improves the soundstage.

What you have to be careful of is multi driver earphones with crossovers, which could permanently destroy them (although it has never happened to me). It depends on the individual earphone, and how it’s crossover circuit is designed.

I would personally only do it to single dynamics or single BA earphones with no crossover, as that’s totally ‘safe’.

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #42,834 of 63,917
Hi.
I want to buy cable for kz ZST PRO(colorful)..which would be the best in terms of quality and budget...I get confused abt .75 mm and .78 mm.
Also I have kz ZS3... so willwill cable work or do I have to buy another one for ZS3.

Also planning to buy Tin Audio T2...or should I buy Kz ZSR.

I love clarity in music bt a bit of bass also..

Thanks in advance

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #42,835 of 63,917
I’ve heard of people swearing by this, as it improves the soundstage.

What you have to be careful of is multi driver earphones with crossovers, which could permanently destroy them (although it has never happened to me). It depends on the individual earphone, and how it’s crossover circuit is designed.

I would personally only do it to single dynamics or single BA earphones with no crossover, as that’s totally ‘safe’.
That's interesting, I assume the same principle applies to Hi-Fi speakers although I have done this for many years with my 4-way transmission line monsters and have had no damage so far!

Mar 28, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #42,836 of 63,917
It sounds better when you’d think it wouldn’t, at least I did,
V30 and **** due tomorrow....a fun day and weekend ahead!
Hows the ZS7?
ZS7: Cinematic heaven! Review coming soon. Impressions of **** please!

Mar 28, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #42,838 of 63,917
I've created a separate thread but no one's participating. I basically want to know if there's any IEM adequate for sleeping. I want to take advantage of the Bluetooth cable for the ZS7, so I'm looking for a small IEM that is compatible with the 2 pin connector of the Bluetooth cable of the ZS7. Anyone?

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #42,839 of 63,917
I seriously don't know. The problem is the right ear is kinda "splashy" when i wear IEMs. I do not have earwax as i clean my ears daily with sprays and warm water, so it couldn't be that.
I seriously do not know what to do even because the otolaryngologist said i have no problems.. but i really feel sad listening to music like that. Over ear are not a probem but they're not comfortable like IEMs and not as comfortable and easy to carry and use.
I don't know who ask to.

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess the pressure of the ear tip is causing the sound of your ear to distort somehow. Have you tried earbuds? Though I don't know if there are any recent good ones and if they sound as good as IEMs.

Anyone here buying something interesting from the AliExpress anniversary sale? I'm thinking about picking up some cables.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #42,840 of 63,917
Just picked up ZS7 & CCA-C10 from AliExpress sale

Really look forward to the upgrades! Hope the ZS7 are a big step up over my trusty daily driver (ZS5 v1) :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back