Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 27, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #42,811 of 63,917
It depends on what sound you're looking for!
The AS06 has more bass, but a bit of a peaky upper midrange and treble. The C10 is more balanced overall and a perfect all-rounder.

Maybe this can help you too:
https://david-hahn.wixsite.com/chi-fiear/bestenliste

Budget <30 €
I have a KZ ATE and KZ ZSN, but I liked the sound of KZ ATE most. Which one will be better as an upgrade over ATE?

Mar 27, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #42,812 of 63,917
I'm having the same problems from time to time. Good thing when it really acts up and influences my hearing is that I don't have to wonder which IEM to use as they will all sound crap. :p

Haha, I know what you mean, I couldn't listen to my earphones for a while because I couldn't hear anything from having to drip oil into my ears and then because water from the flushing wouldn't come out. With the sinus problems the audio often sounded bad and unbalanced.

Now I can properly enjoy my KZ's again :tada:

Mar 27, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #42,814 of 63,917
... I'll say it again, AS10 is best stock.

I concur.
I tried several different cables with AS10, including balanced ones, and for me the stock cable worked the best.
CCA C16 seems to benefit from a balanced cable, at least a little bit, to my ears.

Mar 27, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #42,816 of 63,917
I have a KZ ATE and KZ ZSN, but I liked the sound of KZ ATE most. Which one will be better as an upgrade over ATE?
Probably CCA C10. Less v-shaped FR than ATE. More extended & cleaner highs. More open staging. About same level of isolation as ATE. Generally less energetic than ATE but, with some amping, can be forward-sounding. Less upper-mids than ZSN. Biggest hassle will probably be getting the IEM nozzles to stay put further into the ear canal.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #42,817 of 63,917
We are the blues brothers :sunglasses:
upload_2019-3-28_9-40-14.png
upload_2019-3-28_9-40-26.png

:man_with_turban::man_with_turban:
:shirt::shirt::thumbsup:
:jeans::jeans:
THE BLUE
COOL BROTHERS!
CHEERS! :beerchug:

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:00 AM Post #42,818 of 63,917
I concur.
I tried several different cables with AS10, including balanced ones, and for me the stock cable worked the best.
CCA C16 seems to benefit from a balanced cable, at least a little bit, to my ears.
I am starting to like the NiceHCK 8 core cable on the AS10 now. I'm not sure what happened before... I was walking downhill and they kept falling out of my ears but while walking on flat ground they stay in.

The stock cable has better isolation but this 8 core cable has thumpier bass and a more lively energetic sound then the dark original cable. It's like a whole new IEM and for $9USD.

One person said that they like the C10 better than the AS10 and I read a review that said the same but I am pretty sure they never heard this NiceHCK cable/AS10 combo! Its basically an AS10 Pro.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #42,820 of 63,917
I am starting to like the NiceHCK 8 core cable on the AS10 now. I'm not sure what happened before... I was walking downhill and they kept falling out of my ears but while walking on flat ground they stay in.

My guess is that it was sweat causing it to loosen/pop out.

Even if you weren’t dripping sweat, the skin pores release sweat on a microscopic level. Also the sweat condenses because the ear canal is a sealed cavity when you wear IEMs.

Add to that the sebum that’s normally excreted in the ear canal for natural lubrication purposes.

Anyways, all that’s enough to get the seal to work loose.

Mar 28, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #42,821 of 63,917
Yeah, I've had some massive sinus problems this winter, still not completely gone. Also had my ears flushed and it took some time for my hearing to adjust to that. Now I still have some slight ringing in my ears which gets worse during the night.
shame on this
i personally have this issue every day of the year, not just in winter season
though, i'm unlucky
I've sent back many IEMs bought on amazon as my right here is a bit less sensible, i don't know why but it picks less bass, feels like sometimes bass has no impact while the left one is OK.
I've ended using every IEM and get used to it, i know it's weird but seems like my right ear canal is different compared to the left one.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #42,822 of 63,917
shame on this
i personally have this issue every day of the year, not just in winter season
though, i'm unlucky
I've sent back many IEMs bought on amazon as my right here is a bit less sensible, i don't know why but it picks less bass, feels like sometimes bass has no impact while the left one is OK.
I've ended using every IEM and get used to it, i know it's weird but seems like my right ear canal is different compared to the left one.

I wonder if there are any music players that let you equalize the left and right channel differently, that might help in this case. It could be your eustachian tubes that are clogged causing the bass problems. For me it is also an exception when I have no sinus problems at all, but this winter it was much worse than usual.

Mar 28, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #42,823 of 63,917
I dont know the story but conclusion is 2 kz zsn pro on the way to me

Mar 28, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #42,824 of 63,917
Mar 28, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #42,825 of 63,917
Hi headfiers. This thread is always so active, I read MOST of the new information. Just logged in to remind you that Aliexpress is having an anniversary sale. Kz as10 for $40 and tin audio T2 for $27. FIIO has some good discounts too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back