Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 2, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #42,241 of 64,102
Hi guys,
Long time lurker here.
I am currently searching for a pair of iems with very good isolation.
I know KZs have a very good price/performace ratio.
Can anyone please point me to a model(s) with the best sound isolation (does not necessary need to be KZ though).
I was thinking to buy the Shure 215 and now I saw as a coincidence that this has just been brought in discussion here (with quite a negative impression).
Thank you in advance.
Have a great weekend.
ZS4

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #42,242 of 64,102
Hi,
I am mainly listening to music while working or learning etc. Mostly ambient, chillout, low-fi etc..
I would not like something with too much emphasis on the highs (like ZS6 for example).
I have already some decent earphones for the other purposes but now I am looking strictly for something to keep me focused on what I am doing and isolating the exterior sound as much as possible.
My ZS6 are not very good for this and Fiio F5 are even worse (they are good though, for what they are).
Thank you again.
Cheers.
P.S. I noted ZS4.

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #42,243 of 64,102
Hi,
I am mainly listening to music while working or learning etc. Mostly ambient, chillout, low-fi etc..
I would not like something with too much emphasis on the highs (like ZS6 for example).
I have already some decent earphones for the other purposes but now I am looking strictly for something to keep me focused on what I am doing and isolating the exterior sound as much as possible.
My ZS6 are not very good for this and Fiio F5 are even worse (they are good though, for what they are).
Thank you again.
Cheers.
P.S. I noted ZS4.
I think the ZS7 would fit you consider it still have all the good things of the Zs6 and the high treble is not there anymore

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #42,245 of 64,102
Hi,
Thank you again.
Cheers.
P.S. I noted ZS4.

I forgot to ask if you had a preference on wearing style?

'Up' ie behind the ear:
Up.jpg

Or 'down':
down.png

They also have some that you can wear either way.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #42,246 of 64,102
I would like the "behind the ear" type.
The "down" ones, from my experience, don't have the same isolation, regardless of how far inside the ear I push them (this also creates a massive disconfort).
I haven't tried the Etymotics though, but I never liked the idea of something so deep in my ear.
Cheers.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #42,247 of 64,102
Hi everyone. Does anyone know of a similarly sized successor to the HDS1 / HDS3 headphones? I have finally run out of my supply and found out, to my horror, that the line appears to be discontinued (only one shady seller of HDS3s on aliexpress). I dearly loved them for their super compact size, they were perfect for me for running. The KZ ED appear to be too big.
Alternatively, any ideas about similarly sized headphones from other brands (preferably with a 6mm driver)? Sound quality is secondary. Just for the record, I preferred the HDS1 signature. Price should be preferably cheap, since they get abused a lot.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #42,248 of 64,102
I just went for a walk with my ZS7's and although they sound great their isolation is not very good. I will not commute with these.

Mar 2, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #42,249 of 64,102
Hi everyone. Does anyone know of a similarly sized successor to the HDS1 / HDS3 headphones? I have finally run out of my supply and found out, to my horror, that the line appears to be discontinued (only one shady seller of HDS3s on aliexpress). I dearly loved them for their super compact size, they were perfect for me for running. The KZ ED appear to be too big.
Alternatively, any ideas about similarly sized headphones from other brands (preferably with a 6mm driver)? Sound quality is secondary. Just for the record, I preferred the HDS1 signature. Price should be preferably cheap, since they get abused a lot.

Since your liked the KZ HD1S form, I recommend the Final Audio Ex000 series, starting with the E1000 for $30 shipped and go up in model and price (2,3,4, and 5000) for ventilation, detachable cable, and other features. They are higher in price, but have better ear tips, cables, build quality, etc. Overall, they are an upgrade to the HD1S, indeed. Check out the E1000 and E2000 (vented with stock ear hooks) here:

https://audio46.com/final-audio-e1000-review/

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Audio-...ocphy=9027589&hvtargid=pla-524348677085&psc=1

Mar 2, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #42,250 of 64,102
Hi,
Thank you again.
Cheers.
P.S. I noted ZS4.

I'm thinking CCA C10, they have a nicely wide soundstage, good bass and are very smooth sounding (including the treble). Or the KZ AS10, which are warmer sounding (stronger mids), more rolled off treble, less bass, but very tight and well defined. The AS10 probably isolates slightly better than the C10.

I love the ZS7, but they are often a bit too exciting sounding for relaxed music with lots of atmosphere.

The C16 sounds great, very detailed, but they sound pretty bright.

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #42,251 of 64,102
I used my zs7 on a 12 hours flight and it provided me with enough isolation from engine noise. With music playing, I can hardly hear anything other than the music I am listening to and with moderate volume also.

Mar 2, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #42,253 of 64,102
Haven't been in the IEM thread in years since I'm a headphone guy but hearing about these KZ IEMs I went ahead and spent $40 something on the ZSR and a new cable. I started with IEMs years ago and this little cheap sucker sounds really good for under $30. I just started listening to it so I'll give impressions later but I'm going to go buy one of there top models just because I like this one so much.

Mar 2, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #42,254 of 64,102
I am currently searching for a pair of iems with very good isolation.
Can anyone please point me to a model(s) with the best sound isolation (does not necessary need to be KZ though).
Put Comply ear foam tips (or their knockoffs) with a tight fit onto any IEM.

Mar 2, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #42,255 of 64,102
I concur, ZS4 is the isolation, style (sanded to be completely matte plain black, with the stock thin black cable and black triple flange tips) and, arguably, sound (only equalized, though. Biggest changes - 250-500Hz has to go down, 5-8kHz up. I personally like to add extra sub\low bass, too) budget king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back