Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 20, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #41,986 of 63,936
NO, whoever telling you that, either he actually never try $500 earphones, or he paid overpriced $500 earphone that sounds like below $25 earphone.
Im sorry but that is the truth. Or he is the 1 of KZ company owner. Too much hyperbole hype around. be careful.

I own ZS10, its quite good, but tonality is off, mid bass a bit bleed, i suggest you better try C10, its their sister company, for around $28, surely better than ZS10. Or try BQEYZ , still below $50. KC2 or KB100.

what is your preference sound signature btw?

It was a review on youtube with many happy owner of the ZS10 say that they are awesome and better than mine
Good to know that. I will look for those models. I happily surprised from this ZST, for this i wish have another giant slayer, then buy a great dac/amp

I like the warm sound, not too bassy :)
what is the sister company?

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #41,987 of 63,936
Yes, they should be in phase. I'll try one of those cables then.
I don't know what "being in phase" means. What do you guys mean?

As I've already said, I'v repaired a lot of headphones and I know it doesn't matter at all if you're connecting the ground to the right channel or viceversa. Indeed, there is no ground or right channel in the headphone end, there are simply 2 connections, that's all. So I don't understand what are you guys trying to say.

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #41,988 of 63,936
If earphones are out of phase the sound is not defined, there is no soundstage, it seems to be in your head

balanced wiring:

Trinity.wiring.jpeg

Feb 20, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #41,990 of 63,936
If earphones are out of phase the sound is not defined, there is no soundstage, it seems to be in your head

balanced wiring:

Hopefully that will help with the understanding of what balanced is.

Now we also need a diagram showing what it looks like when something is wired out of phase... or in the case of removable cables, when the cable is attached out of phase.

What we really need in here is mic talk. Will really enhance the cable discussion greatly.

Noooooooooooooooooooo...... been there... done that...

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #41,991 of 63,936
Feb 20, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #41,993 of 63,936
I've decided to no longer buy KZ iems before a mass amount of reviews have hit the forums or elsewhere. I'm currently reading a book on how Chinese companies do business and it's all about making money and not much else (hence the amount of various models shooting out of their design studios like rockets)...I'm really not interested in owning a hundred pairs of KZ's, just a few.

Of course, this financial plan is different for every company but it's made me realize I don't want to jump the gun on "bad" earphones anymore. I just want the best. I've spent $500+ on "bad" earphones and earbuds... it's time to take a step back and jump into quality.

With that being said, I'm not so sure I like my KZ ZSN earphones anymore... but I do now like my KZ ZS10's. They may have needed some serious burn in to sound good.

I just had a take your ZSN's to work day and Im still blown away by them. Spent the morning listening to 70's and 80's Japanese Funk mix. Then listened to a Tulus record(Black Metal), then an Unleashed record(Death Metal), then finished the day listening to Jain(French African Pop). ZSN pulled off each genre very well.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #41,994 of 63,936
It was a review on youtube with many happy owner of the ZS10 say that they are awesome and better than mine
Good to know that. I will look for those models. I happily surprised from this ZST, for this i wish have another giant slayer, then buy a great dac/amp

I like the warm sound, not too bassy :)
what is the sister company?

Sister company = companies that still have connection between them. KZ and CCA.

if compared to ZST, indeed ZS10 is better, but you may want to just jump to C10, not to bassy suits you, clear mids, more balanced, still a bit warm, not too analytic.
and its cheaper than ZS10. If you looking for just slight upgrade from ZST with budget price, you can get KZ ZSN, its king below $20 earphones. great sub bass, with no mid bass bleed. very good for $14~ish earphone.
The ZS10 hype train is already passed, a lot of better earphone than ZS10 from KZ itself, like AS10, BA10 and their sister company C10 and C16, and from another brand (since this is a KZ thread)

hope this helps. cheers!

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #41,995 of 63,936
Dumb question: does it matter ‘which way round’ or just that both l+r are oriented the same.

Just that both are oriented properly.

Although it’s easy with cables that have preformed earguides, like TRN cables for example. Because if you put 1 on backwards, you won’t be able to physically put it around your ears.

The people that have to be super careful are those of us that cut off the memory wires/ear guides. This removes the reference as to the proper orientation. So in that case you can line up the L and R markings on the 2-pin plug with the L and R markings on the IEM shells. As long as all of the L and R markings are facing the correct way, the phase will be correct.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #41,996 of 63,936
Feb 20, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #41,997 of 63,936
Sister company = companies that still have connection between them. KZ and CCA.

if compared to ZST, indeed ZS10 is better, but you may want to just jump to C10, not to bassy suits you, clear mids, more balanced, still a bit warm, not too analytic.
and its cheaper than ZS10. If you looking for just slight upgrade from ZST with budget price, you can get KZ ZSN, its king below $20 earphones. great sub bass, with no mid bass bleed. very good for $14~ish earphone.
The ZS10 hype train is already passed, a lot of better earphone than ZS10 from KZ itself, like AS10, BA10 and their sister company C10 and C16, and from another brand (since this is a KZ thread)

hope this helps. cheers!
My question wasn't clear, sorry. I mean, what is the sister company? I'm not very expert about the actual chi-fi market.

I'll keep in mind the mode models anyway. I'll think I'll try one of those soon if they really are giant slayer :D

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #41,998 of 63,936

balanced wiring:

...but what that draw has to do with the way you connect the cable to the earphone?
My question was: if you have a 2 pin connector in your IEM, I'm saying that it doesn't matter which way you plug in the cable, but somebody said "you could be out of phase", and I don't understand that.

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #41,999 of 63,936
Dumb question: does it matter ‘which way round’ or just that both l+r are oriented the same.
Ah guys I have a question. People in my country headphones group always say Kz earphones are bad. Bad enough for them to say they are garbage.... So yeah what I'm asking is I'm having a kz zs6. I probably don't have good ears but I feel like the kz zs6 is still have a very good sound for me except for the treble of course but do you guys think KZ's headphones is that bad compare to other headphones at the same price range?

Feb 20, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #42,000 of 63,936
...but what that draw has to do with the way you connect the cable to the earphone?
My question was: if you have a 2 pin connector in your IEM, I'm saying that it doesn't matter which way you plug in the cable, but somebody said "you could be out of phase", and I don't understand that.

http://bfy.tw/MOT5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back