Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #40,786 of 64,402
$12 on gearbest--you need it like a hole in the head, but if you skip two pints at the pub to buy it, you can rationalize the purchase.

I have skipped all the pints forever. What does that entitle me to?

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #40,787 of 64,402
I have skipped all the pints forever. What does that entitle me to?

Me too, it's nothing less than a Liter for me anymore:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The Real Stein-Way.JPG

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #40,788 of 64,402
Zs7 review is up and it does make a solid case for the best iem under $50.

Also posted to my blog - URL in signature.

Your review (as well as other impressions left here) convinced me to order the ZS7. I've been reasonably satisfied with the ZS10 and the ZS6, skipped over the the AS10 and BA10. I got the ZSN but I haven't really spent that much time with it as the previous two. But I do find that the overall timbre presentation with the ZSN is, so far, the best I've heard from KZ. So hopefully this trend continues with the ZS7. I'm also glad that it's less sensitive and that it kept the regular 2 pin connector instead of the 2 pin connector on the ZSN.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #40,789 of 64,402
I received my ZS7 yesterday, compared to my other 2 pair of KZ's -ZSN and ATE they sound dull flat and lifeless.
Really disappointed so Iv'e sent them back to Amazon

Ouch, that’s not good news when an ATE beats out the ZS7! Don’t get me wrong, the ATE is a solid IEM. But your ZS7 disappointment has me kind of worried...

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #40,790 of 64,402
@Luxed I'm seeing $38 usd. (kz-zs7)

I like the edr1/2's think they sound much better overall than included samsung buds... for a general user they're a very good grab and go little monitor.. they feel substantial but once theyre in your ear you wont notice.. the included tension buds hold in the ear well.. (if your ear is reasonably dry..) if you're an Ear Oil harvester... you might find yourself pushing them back in every other minute... wiping your salad dressing up with a tissue before use keeps the bud secure... pro-tip... if you're out and about and don't have a tissue you can spin the bud around so the cable loops over your ear and that adds like a bit more support until you can mop up that environmental disaster inside your ear canal. :D

Haha, I actually clean my ears squeaky clean every single time before using IEMs.

And yes, I know cleaning ears can cause irritation blah blah. I have personally never had a problem.

I find that cleaning it ONCE before using my IEMs results in ZERO irritation. I HAVE had severe irritation and inflammation (that lasts for days) when I DON’T pre-clean them, which causes me to repeatedly push them back in every 15 minutes due to being worked loose f/ear canal oils. The rubbing from pushing in and out is much worse IMO.

Note this is with silicone tips, not foam tips. A squeaky clean ear canal gives my silicone tips kung fu grip, and they stay put the entire listening session. Better sound, and healthier ear canals.

However, YMMV. Always consult your Dr before starting any exercise program, cleaning your ears is bad, don’t run with sharp scissors, don’t play with fire, always wear a helmet and seatbelts, don't take Zenelax if you’re taking MOI inhibitors, may cause abdominal bleeding or a rare heart condition, avoid operating heavy machinery after drinking alcohol, discontinue use if you have an allergic reaction, etc

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #40,791 of 64,402
I received my ZS7 yesterday, compared to my other 2 pair of KZ's -ZSN and ATE they sound dull flat and lifeless.
Really disappointed so Iv'e sent them back to Amazon

Hum..."dull flat and lifeless"? Not a problem of out of phase?

Because to say lifeless it's very very weird

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #40,793 of 64,402
Haha, I actually clean my ears squeaky clean every single time before using IEMs.

And yes, I know cleaning ears can cause irritation blah blah. I have personally never had a problem.

I find that cleaning it ONCE before using my IEMs results in ZERO irritation. I HAVE had severe irritation and inflammation (that lasts for days) when I DON’T pre-clean them, which causes me to repeatedly push them back in every 15 minutes due to being worked loose f/ear canal oils. The rubbing from pushing in and out is much worse IMO.

Note this is with silicone tips, not foam tips. A squeaky clean ear canal gives my silicone tips kung fu grip, and they stay put the entire listening session. Better sound, and healthier ear canals.

However, YMMV. So consult your Dr, cleaning your ears is bad, don’t run with sharp scissors, don’t play with fire, always wear a helmet and wear seatbelts, don't take Zeneca if you’re taking MOI inhibitors, may cause abdominal bleeding or a rare condition, avoid operating heavy machinery after drink in alcohol, etc

Roger that and I usually clean every time I switch any time of the day! I use rubbing alcohol with fluffy Q-Tips, keep a bottle at work and a small one in my Outbacks console along with the little travel Q-Tip container of course rubbing A-Hol may irritate some so what works for me may not be everyone's Cup "O" Tea:rolling_eyes:

@Drake_Mallard , my tip of choice are Auvio's:wink: When I got these DM6's I went through 7/8 pairs of tips and sure enough went back to Auvio's for number 9 and as usual "Amazballs"!

Auvio 6.JPG

It's odd because sometimes I wear Med. (Blue) and other times Lg. (Green) but the Rad-Shack are the same as these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/122254341395 just eSlay them!

@Slater , yes and what my mom always used on me as a kid when I had an ear ache:grin:

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #40,794 of 64,402
My ZS7s are arriving tommorow :grinning:. Since I don't have to get foam tips to calm the treble, are there any recommended silicone tips for these?

No problem with treble on this zs7

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #40,795 of 64,402
Roger that and I usually clean every time I switch any time of the day! I use rubbing alcohol with fluffy Q-Tips, keep a bottle at work and a small one in my Outbacks console along with the little travel Q-Tip container of course rubbing A-Hol may irritate some so what works for me may not be everyone's Cup "O" Tea:rolling_eyes:

Nice idea with the alcohol!

Have you ever tried hydrogen peroxide vs alcohol? I think it must break down ear wax, since it’s a primary ingredient in many ear wax cleaning products.

Man, the medical folks are gonna have a field day with this. Cleaning our ears with evil Qtips AND chemicals! Yikes haha

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #40,797 of 64,402
Zs7 review is up and it does make a solid case for the best iem under $50.

Also posted to my blog - URL in signature.
Thanks for this great review! You wrote everything I hoped for. As I am very satisfied with my zs6, the only disadvantage for me is the use of an equalizer to raise the bass a bit and dim the treble. No problem for me, but the holy grail is an iem that doesn’t need any adjustment because it’s just good as it is. These zs6 and probably 7 are so enjoyable that for me this is real hifi at a dream price. Lots of euro’s more for the extra 1-10% extra sound quality is not an option for me. Just received an update the zs7 arrived at the post in the Netherlands....just a few days.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #40,799 of 64,402
Dammit... that graph actually looks pretty OK. But I promised I won`t buy any more KZ`s and get Moondrop Kanas Pro -.-

Wiljen, can You make graph about ZS5v1 vs. IT01 vs. ZS7 ?

As promised - The Zs7 vs the IT01

Zs7vsIT01.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #40,800 of 64,402
I would like to see a comparison between the CCA C10, KZ ZS7, and the CCA C16 :yum:

I for one, like the C10 for its comfort and great balance with no harshness or sibilance with great depth, front and wide soundstage supported by a 10mm driver for bass instead of BA!

But, I'm still debating whether to get the ZS7 or the CCA C16. :thinking:

So far, I've heard good things on the ZS7, but I'm really hoping they're not bloated. As far as the C16 goes, I hope they're not too bass light according to the frequency range posted.

I am waiting on the CCA10 and C16. Once I have them, I'll run the graphs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back