Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 6, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #35,296 of 63,916
"misleading", lol. A bit reaching there since pretty sure no mentions of Knowles was ever made. They mostly outsource to Bellsing or maybe even the various BA makers (not hard to find such companies, like Estron or Binary)

Hisenior sells the B5+ (5BA) for around 100 bux and they claim its Knowles BA. Plausible that its either some Knowles BA or lower-end models, since most Hisenior products have gained quite favorable impression. Depending on how the AS10 pans out, the B5+ seems a natural upgrade to it (nearly double the price, but its quite pretty)

I have ordered the B5+ and just waiting for it to arrive. It would be a good comparison to compare it to the AS10 and the BS10 when it eventually gets released.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #35,297 of 63,916
How would you compair the uiisii hm7 with other headphones we have here in this thread?

I was pretty wholly unimpressed with the hm7. To me they were typical consumer level in-ears. Lots of mid-bass and treble, no sub-bass to speak of or mids. Lots of other better options available.

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #35,298 of 63,916
Thanks for your opinion

After speaking with scrambler and panda I was going to order a pair of KZ Zsa
the problem is I really love the full and very deep bass of my memt X5
What I don't like about'em is they have a crap soundstage and highly recessed mids
So I'm very confused as i want a worth upgrade from My memt x5 and so I was looking for a cheap solution to play computer games for like five bucks but I think I am going to go with KZ ed9

What remains is just a big confusion about my future iem, the Zsa are really interesting but i'm afraid I will be disappointed with Bass
Should I wait for KZ yz35? I mean, heard the ZSA can't rich the deepness of memt x5 bass

Aug 6, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #35,299 of 63,916
Thanks for your opinion

What I don't like about'em is they have a crap soundstage and highly recessed mids
So I'm very confused as i want a worth upgrade from My memt x5 and so I was looking for a cheap solution to play computer games for like five bucks but I think I am going to go with KZ ed9

What remains is just a big confusion about my future iem, the Zsa are really interesting but i'm afraid I will be disappointed with Bass
Should I wait for KZ yz35? I mean, heard the ZSA can't rich the deepness of memt x5 bass

I'm not sure that if bass were my primary concern that I would look at the Zsa as the best prospect. Several KZ models have been known for bass Zs3, Zst, and ED9 amongst them. The newer ED4 also has nice low end but may not be quite as extended as the X5. To my ear they are about equal so if it isn't quite as extended it certainly isn't a huge difference.

Aug 6, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #35,301 of 63,916
Yeah, it seems to take forever for the KZ multi-hybrids to neutralize and crossover properly. Funny, I traded eartips with @loomisjohnson and now I think I have SpinFit CP100s for XS-S-M and just missing L size, which he probably has.
I have 2 pairs of SpinFit CP100 L, 1 opened and 1 in the package, that I'd love to get rid of. I can't get them to work for me at all.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #35,302 of 63,916
Thanks for your opinion

Maybe it's just me and I'm for sure no bass head (that would be my 17/15 year old sons)! I love my $20 ZSA's and for $20 they slay so many other plastic offerings on the market, makes me sick when people walk into best buy and get themselves a cheap azz $9.99 ($11 w/tax) Skull Candies when they could have these little sweet hearts:rolling_eyes: IMO the cable on these are worth the $9.99:wink:

ZSA.JPG

Granted they are not bass bombs but I have found that to be file dependent, detail is phenomenal and bass is fast, true and accurate. As with many KZ's if you are treble sensitive these won't work for you but if you don't require ear blistering volumes these pay back in spades in accuracy:thumbsup:Not sure what one wants for bass but just threw in "In da club" by Fiddy Cent and what I really like is the bass is there but not running over 50:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: "Don't be a fool" , Shawn Mendes (MTV Unplugged) is natural and laid back. Kickdrum on Psycho by Muse is spot on! With all that said and like KZ puts on that box right behind them High sensitivity treble which IMO does make them dynamic as all get out:thinking: "Sense Outa Nansense" by Linton Kwesi Johnson to me has more bass than anyone should ever need but I do live by the mantra "We all hear them differently":stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just to be fair I have heard these on many occasion:wink:

Crazy Budget.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #35,303 of 63,916
@Podster

Then my test tracks are ones from boombox cartel like:
- moon love
- nbd (atliens remix)

Here i hear my memt x5 digging so hard down, wanted to know how zsa digs here.
It's just their soundstage is crap and mids are too much recessed

Aug 6, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #35,304 of 63,916
What KZ are likely best for using the upgraded bluetooth adapter during workouts?
I've heard the adapter is a bit low volume, so perhaps finding the most sensitive pair is key here? It's rated at 16 ohm. The contenders I've evaluated, info from aliexpress which I presume is the most official source of info:

ED16 98 db 8 ohm - seems like the best choice sound quality vice, but lower impedance than the amp.
ES4 104 db 25 ohm - upgraded cable, V shape sound, upgrade from KZT. Maybe a bit too bulky?
KZR 107 db 22 ohm - similar to ED16 with a few flaws and some sibliance.
KZT 106 db 10 ohm - V shape sound similar to ES4. Seems like this would be the loudest option.

Which one would you pick for this use? I have the KZ ATE-S and have been happy with them, but obviously they won't work with the BT adapter.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #35,305 of 63,916
Can you post a side picture showing the nozzle lengths comparison between the KZ ZS10 and the AS10? I read your article that the AS10 fitment is similar to the ZS10. I just wanted to see if they addressed the fit issue caused by the shallow nozzle length. You got the other angles covered for the headphone comparison!

Here you go.

20180806_140242.jpg

Aug 6, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #35,308 of 63,916
Thanks for your opinion

My favorite aspect of the ZSA sound is its subbass. Digs deep and clear and doesn't bleed at all into the mids like the ES4. I have an aftermarket 10" sub in my car for bass and the ZSA has enough bass to make me happy when I'm not in my car.

Aug 6, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #35,309 of 63,916
Due to the mostly positive impressions here from sources that I feel have sound and musical choices that parallel my own, I am now impatiently awaiting my ed9 delivery.

This past week I was sorting out eartips, when the mail delivery interrupted my task.
Reading a recommendation from @Slater regarding wide bore tips with a longer stem, I can now also vouch for the Auvio from Radio Shack.

Just an FYI; if your particular size does not show up in stock, look again in a few days. When I ordered the first time, they didn't show large size as available.

My original order was 5 packs of assorted sizes (so I could get large which were not, available) along with 5 of mediums only.
Before I actually made the order two days later, they showed 5 packs of large as available, so I happily added those to my order.

I have used them on zsr, after removing kz whirlwinds and spacer, zs6, and xiaomi hybrid. They will certainly out last whirlwinds,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back