Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 27, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #32,776 of 63,846
If you don't like any of those solutions I flip the cord the long way around the back of my neck, bring it back over the opposite shoulder out front and it kind of serves the same function....

May 27, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #32,778 of 63,846
If you don't like any of those solutions I flip the cord the long way around the back of my neck, bring it back over the opposite shoulder out front and it kind of serves the same function....

No thank you! that reminds me of a nightmarish J cable I once had. Not a good solution for someone with long hair. As it is over ear cables get tangled in my hair behind my ear.

If KZ had not made this cable so long and thin above the split, it would have been fine without a slider for me. I really never use them on a normal cable.

May 27, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #32,779 of 63,846
No thank you! that reminds me of a nightmarish J cable I once had. Not a good solution for someone with long hair. As it is over ear cables get tangled in my hair behind my ear.

If KZ had not made this cable so long and thin above the split, it would have been fine without a slider for me. I really never use them on a normal cable.
Ha, guess I didn't think about the long hair aspect... Ouch.

I remember those issues back from my long hair days in college.

May 27, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #32,780 of 63,846
May 27, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #32,781 of 63,846
All those complaints about the polarity issues on the zs10 have got me paranoid lol... How do I check if mine have reverse polarity? I mean it sounds great as is to my ears (the greatest iems I've ever used) but still I'm paranoid lol... Tia

May 27, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #32,782 of 63,846
My ZSA, ES4, and ZSR came in.

So far the ZSA are awesome.

- small!! These are tiny in comparison to the other models and it’s in a metal housing.

- the sound is pretty much like a ZS6 but I dare say with a wider soundstage. These sound great! I’m in love again. I’ll try with foam tips later.

- the biggest drawbacks are the nozzle, hard to get the seating of the tip right and it’s larger than the other models I think. And the cable, no other cable is working with the insertion right now. It’s specific and I have multiple other KZ cables.

ZSA - small size, BIG and WIDE sound

Listening to feels - jai wolf remix and wow, clear, great layering, wide soundstage. Still a bit recessed on the mids. Imaging is pretty impressive for such a small size.

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #32,783 of 63,846

- small!! These are tiny in comparison to the other models and it’s in a metal housing.

- the sound is pretty much like a ZS6 but I dare say with a wider soundstage. These sound great! I’m in love again. I’ll try with foam tips later.

- the biggest drawbacks are the nozzle, hard to get the seating of the tip right and it’s larger than the other models I think. And the cable, no other cable is working with the insertion right now. It’s specific and I have multiple other KZ cables.

Listening to feels - jai wolf remix and wow, clear, great layering, wide soundstage. Still a bit recessed on the mids. Imaging is pretty impressive for such a small size.
Wow, now I want more impressions of the ZSA! Have you tried the other two too already?

May 27, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #32,784 of 63,846

Does your ZSA have a lip on the nozzle to secure eartips more? I'm waiting for my ZSA to arrive too.

May 27, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #32,786 of 63,846
I would want it to look good...not just look like a rubber band

Keyboard o-ring? In purple?

keyboard-o-rings.jpg

May 27, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #32,788 of 63,846
May 27, 2018 at 6:56 PM Post #32,789 of 63,846
I have solved the problem. I will take a photo in the morning when there is better light.

Yes, but is it purple?? That's the all important question hehe

If your solution doesn't work out, maybe give the oring a try. You can use the ones Tom has, or you can buy keyboard orings on ebay and Aliexpress for under $1 for 100 pcs.

The orings also work perfectly as spacers for ear tips, to space the tips out a bit further on certain IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back