Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 2, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #29,836 of 63,917
The concensus that I've seen is that Gearbest stuff takes foooreeever to arrive. At least 1 week longer than Ali, if not more.

I have had the exact opposite experience. GB can be 10-50% faster than AE for me. And I don't think I am an outlier.

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #29,838 of 63,917
In that case, it requires an amp with output impedance of < 1 ohm in order to minimize headphone resonance. Most smartphones have a output impedance of 2-10 ohms.

Here's the original truncated quote:

"大家最期待的聽感:
1.高音刺耳不再, zs6那刺到不要不要的齒音不見了
2.細節還原度跟zs6分別不大, 還是一貫zs6監聽風格
3.低音下潛好像少了, 可能圈沒煲開, 遲點補
4.這價位這音質絕對超值. 5.32歐姆抗阻手機推有點吃力, 建議換夠推力的播放器 其他追評再補"

Translated :
"What everybody has eagerly anticipated in impressions:
1. Ear piercing treble is no longer there, ZS6's screeching until unbearable sibilance is no longer there.
2. Rendering and realism of details is comparable to the ZS6, it has a similar listening profile/style to the ZS6.
3. Low end bass seems to have been reduced, but its possible that there's not enough burn-in in the dynamic driver, shall update again.
4. At this price point, is definitely great value. 5.32 Ohm impedance/resistance makes pushing it a little tough. Shall need to use a more
powerful amp to further feedback on the overall results later. "

Its the best I can translate, which I think paints a clearer picture, from the comments of someone who seems to know at least his/her basic stuff.

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #29,839 of 63,917
A guy on Taobao reported a 5.3 Ohm impedance/ resistance measurement.
Probably explains things somewhat...??

"大家最期待的聽感:
3.低音下潛好像少了, 可能圈沒煲開, 遲點補
4.這價位這音質絕對超值. 5.32歐姆抗阻手機推有點吃力, 建議換夠推力的播放器 其他追評再補"

Translated :
1. Ear piercing treble is no longer there, ZS6's screeching until unbearable sibilance is no longer there.
2. Rendering and realism of details is comparable to the ZS6, it has a similar listening profile/style to the ZS6.
3. Low end bass seems to have been reduced, but its possible that there's not enough burn-in in the dynamic driver, shall update again.
4. At this price point, is definitely great value. 5.32 Ohm impedance/resistance makes pushing it a little tough. Shall need to use a more
powerful amp to further feedback on the overall results later. "

Its the best I can translate, which I think paints a clearer picture, from the comments of someone who seems to know at least his/her basic stuff.

It's not 5.3 Ohms, it's fifth point - 32 Ohm impedance.
They aren't doing the ZS5v1 thing again.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #29,841 of 63,917
Oh thank god it isnt 5.32 lmao

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #29,842 of 63,917
Well, early feedback looks promising, mine hasn't shipped out yet.
Guess they are fulfilling order in Mainland first we will be left behind, at least by the time it gets here we will know more.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #29,843 of 63,917

"大家最期待的聽感:
3.低音下潛好像少了, 可能圈沒煲開, 遲點補
4.這價位這音質絕對超值.
5.32歐姆抗阻手機推有點吃力, 建議換夠推力的播放器 其他追評再補"

Translated :
4. At this price point, is definitely great value.
5. 32 Ohm impedance/resistance makes pushing it a little tough. Shall need to use a more powerful amp to further feedback on the overall results later. "

Pretty spot on translation. Kinda raw but clear enough. Good job.

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #29,845 of 63,917
Has anyone not on the Chinese mainland received a shipment notification from AE? At least I got a shipment notification for my green KZ ZS6 from NiceHCK. I was starting to get worried as another order from NiceHCK was dispatched within a day and this one was taking a bit longer.

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #29,846 of 63,917
Has anyone not on the Chinese mainland received a shipment notification from AE? At least I got a shipment notification for my green KZ ZS6 from NiceHCK. I was starting to get worried as another order from NiceHCK was dispatched within a day and this one was taking a bit longer.
If you purchased the ZS10 you will have to wait 1~2 weeks before they are dispatched as this is a pre-sale.

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #29,847 of 63,917
If you purchased the ZS10 you will have to wait 1~2 weeks before they are dispatched as this is a pre-sale.

You never know. They could go out earlier than expected. :ksc75smile:

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #29,848 of 63,917
Just me, as I said before. One coming for Spain.

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #29,850 of 63,917
Well i bought zs10 from AE too and it appears that only Black colour is available currently and blue and red are not available yet anytime soon as the seller told me, maybe in a few days more. So if you order red or blue you may still have to wait whereas if you order black then likely it will be shipped out within these few days. I think if you can't wait you can ask the seller to switch to black if you have ordered other colours.

And another thing is in China yet again a once a year thing national holiday (seems like they have many holidays lol), i have no idea how to translate that but it's like ancestral prayer thing that ppl will be visiting graves / cemetery of their ancestors so some delay is expected i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back