Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 28, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #27,496 of 63,885
honestly that video wouldn't have changed the companys idea - they would have still sold like hot cakes.
So according to hillsonicaudio, all of these are upcoming/planned IEM models from KZ for 2018. So apparently there will be a "less angular" ZS6 (with all the screws and grill) that will be released, but will probably be a part of the ZST/ZSR family cause it uses the same angled cable.

the straight 2-ping terminal needed to go... the bent one is so much better.. in my opinion. but if it can accept both... better for others who prefer it... I personally like the angled terminal. the new zs6 looks awesome. I'm happy they're doing their own thang - Shake that booty KZ... Shake it.

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #27,501 of 63,885
A bit redundant with these 1DD + 1BA models, hopefully they have updated driver designs and there is an upgrade compared to current models. Interesting array honestly and I am quite surprised that they have these photos of almost finished designs (otherwise what's with promo images being ready for all of them?). Had hope that ZS10 will be some crazy solid metal design but it looks like ZS6 build will remain supreme for this year.

Jan 28, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #27,502 of 63,885
This is possibly going to rustle a lot of jimmies, but the iBasso IT03 are only slightly better [in sound signature only] than the ZS5v1's after a few hours with them in my ears using two different sources. Take this with a grain of salt right now, but I'm not seeing anything really "yeah this is worth $210 more". They're actually remarkably similar, but the IT03's have some very loud upper mids. Bass isn't as "tight and fast" as I had hoped, and it's down about 2-3dB from the KZ5's. Soundstage is slightly larger and things feel more naturally placed, but really not too big of a difference. On initial impressions, if people are comparing these to $1100 Campfire Audio's, people are getting absolutely taken for their money.

Initial Pro's:
- Acrylic build quality is much higher.
- Isolation is top notch compared to the ZS5's.
- Fit is perfect and solid.

Again, grain of salt, don't take the pitchforks out yet. I'll do more testing tonight on better sources.

Proof that I own the IT03's:
bSfJrrF.jpg

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #27,504 of 63,885
Update, I put the wires in the correct way but the zsr still sound like poop, The mids and highs are so harsh and ear piercing I can’t put them more then half volume which is very low
I'll suggest trying some sort of foamies with them. For me at least that takes the edge of the sound of the ZS5 and ZS6 so I'd think it'd help with the ZSR. I got mine in yesterday's mail so they're on the stack to get burn-in before I get around to listening to mine.

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #27,506 of 63,885
So this is what i make of the new Kz lineup...
Let the guessing begin!

I wish there were at least 2 native Bluetooth models in all of this, they need to move forward with the times.
The top center clearly says ZS7.

Jan 28, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #27,508 of 63,885
To

WalterTorino

Thanks for sharing. It worked for me too. A lot of bass.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #27,509 of 63,885
Jan 28, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #27,510 of 63,885

Users who are viewing this thread

Back