Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 28, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #27,481 of 63,897
Sounds good! I'll compare to most of my other IEM's as well.

I have a Zune HD, Zune 120, and an original Zune. They're off the grid, have FM radios, and decent DAC's. To this day, they're all going strong. Not sure why these got discontinued, but I imagine is was the iPod that killed them.

Good to hear that your Zune120 is still going strong. I really wanted to get one but was concerned that the hard drive would only last a few years due to moving parts. It's great that yours has lasted approximately 8 years. I'm a little envious because of the amount of storage. Mine has 32gb (second ZuneHD has 16gb).

All of my KZ's except the ZS5(i) sound great on it (5ohms). The ZS5(i) sounds a bit thin on my ZuneHD (22mW@16Ω) compared to my Fiio (540mW@16Ω).

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #27,482 of 63,897
Good to hear that your Zune120 is still going strong. I really wanted to get one but was concerned that the hard drive would only last a few years due to moving parts. It'great that yours has lasted approximately 8 years. I'm a little envious because of the amount of storage.

All of my KZ's except the ZS5 (i) sound great on it (5ohms). The ZS5 (i) sounds a bit thin on the ZuneHD.

FWIW, my two iRiver H320s (circa 2004) and their hard drives are still going strong. :kissing_smiling_eyes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #27,484 of 63,897
nice tutorial, made me chuckle. Question though, how difficult is it to get the foamies over that seriously thickened nozzle? Luckily I can get about the same effect with my smaller nozzle sizes foamies in T200 and T300 size (4.0mm and 4.5mm).
Thank you :)
Well, it wasn't easy mostly because of useless tips - they're too flexible.
A more rigid base would be welcome, actually. Like Starline's base. But I didn't want to cut my Starlines - they still can be useful for me :)
All in all it took no longer than seven-ten minutes.

Jan 28, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #27,485 of 63,897
@WalterTorino I haven't been this entertained by a tutorial in a very long time :thumbsup:.

I have done similiar tip techniques using industrial type earplugs for other iem's.

By the end of the day, i could have a whole family of finger puppets if I decide to mod my collection of ZS6 &, ZS5's

Thanks
Thank you :) It's nice too hear/see :)
Yes, I did the same thing with industrial earplugs but I made some mistakes and I just spoiled the earplugs :frowning2:

Jan 28, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #27,486 of 63,897
I have to tell you that I literally guffawed and cracked up when reading your last post. I thought I was the only person on the planet that exclaimed "dang nabbit". Cracked me right up to actually see it in writing.

Well if my father were alive today he'd be 105! His favorite actor was Walter Brennan who I understand used the expression quite a bit.

Just wanted to say a lot of you guys have been putting some great feedback and DIY info out here and this is what makes it such a great community. I have to admit I would never put the time and effort some of you have especially on budget gears but I love that so many here do and the passion for getting just what you want out of your purchases:beerchug:

Jan 28, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #27,489 of 63,897
new kz coming soon
Screenshot_20180128-235347.png

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #27,493 of 63,897
I don't know.. i think kz did what i'm thinking about
I mean, a video like that shouldn't worry a company like kz that can easily prove those worda are fake af.

Anyway, they should just keep producing the v1, as far as i can read they were a bit better than the v2.

honestly that video wouldn't have changed the companys idea - they would have still sold like hot cakes..

I just reckon having the zs5/6 in a similiar construction meant less mistakes and more consistency in assembly runs. workers are like worker bee's humming around the hive, Sometimes when you get a fresh run you can inhale deep from the nozzle and get a whiff of glue that hasn't fully cured yet, that's how fast they're pumping them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 28, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #27,494 of 63,897

Under the photos and in the middle of the chinese letters you see a number like xxxxxx 1 xxxx 2, xxx6. This is probably the number of drivers. The translucent red in the left of the Black one seems to be the zs with 5 drivers. One dynamic, 4 ba. That one in Black catches my attention. A small zs6 that isn't a knock off and with a open grill with 3 drivers. Hm...

Edit. Also the hybrid in bullet form with a open back. Its the first attempt of kz doing that. Open back ? Interesting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back