DSC04448-small.JPG

DSC04451-small.JPG

DSC04406-small.JPG

DSC04452-small.JPG

DSC04450-small.JPG

DSC04453-small.JPG

:alien:

LOL, pure Evil Chris:wink:

@DocHoliday , always happy to bring a smile to someone's face Doc or even make them spit their drink onto their keyboard or monitor:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #27,378 of 63,981
Xiaomi Triple Drivers are not worth $100. Seems like more went into packaging than anything else.

KZ ZS5v1 is like fresh air. It's my favorite IEM still. I'm babying them.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #27,379 of 63,981
To me the ZSR soundstage seems to be wider than ZS6. The treble is not that harsh but it's still pretty sibilant. I modified my ZS6 and closed one BA driver on each side. The vocals are more life like on ZS6. They're also more comfortable to wear. ZSR is also good but gets painful quickly when I wear a hat that covers my ears and puts pressure on them(winter here after all). It's the pointy "tail" next to the connector that causes the pain. 20180126_212739.jpg ZS6 fit is best of them all, they just stay in my ears perfectly when using comply tips. 20180121_235700.jpg

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #27,380 of 63,981
To me the ZSR soundstage seems to be wider than ZS6. The treble is not that harsh but it's still pretty sibilant. I modified my ZS6 and closed one BA driver on each side. The vocals are more life like on ZS6. They're also more comfortable to wear. ZSR is also good but gets painful quickly when I wear a hat that covers my ears and puts pressure on them(winter here after all). It's the pointy "tail" next to the connector that causes the pain. ZS6 fit is best of them all, they just stay in my ears perfectly when using comply tips.

What do you sealed the ba with ? And can you Tell me what exactly signature you get with that. After moding my zst, maybe i can take courage to take a zs6 and eventualy mod in the Future. The red are gorgeous.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #27,381 of 63,981
So, all these KZ silver-plated cables are turning green (mine haven't, but I just got them). Since silver turns grey when it oxidizes, I assume these cable are poorly plated? The only thing that explains the green color would be verdigris of the copper wire.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #27,382 of 63,981
These came in today. Already modding! No more green cable. IMG_20180126_200451.jpg

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #27,383 of 63,981
Well, I am going to update my impressions of the Kz Zsr a bit. I have been doing a series of A/B tests with the Zst, Zs5(vi),Zs6, and Zsr. I had started on them and then took a few days off with the flu as I couldn't listen without everything sounding like I was in a pit.

1.) The Zsr is still typical of the Kz house sound in that they have big bass and big treble. Not as big on the treble as Zs5 or 6 but still above neutral by a quite a bit.
2.) The Zsr has the same bass as the Zs3 and are capable of delivering a performance most bassheads will like.
3.) The Zsr has better mids than the Zst. Particularly lower mids. The Zsr gets thinner as you go through the mids toward the treble. At first, I thought the entire midrange was recessed but really the thinning of the upper mids makes it appear so even though the lower mids are more present than the Zst and maybe slightly forward of where they are in the Zs5 and 6.
4.) There is definitely bass bleed into the mids that colors and somewhat obscures the mids. Tracks with a light bass make a good reference for what the mids can be without that bass coloration.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #27,384 of 63,981
Done. The grey cable looks great!

IMG_20180126_201437.jpg

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #27,385 of 63,981
I lost my KZ5 at the bar...Luckily, I have second unused one pair in the drawer. No sibilance so there's really brain burn more so than anything physical going on with the airphones.

I'm a bit worried I will lose these guys too...I really like these for their soundstage and am wondering about the KZ6.
Done. The grey cable looks great!

What are those? They look nice (the IEMs).
That cable is already in my basket=)

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #27,386 of 63,981
I lost my KZ5 at the bar...Luckily, I have second unused one pair in the drawer. No sibilance so there's really brain burn more so than anything physical going on with the airphones.

I'm a bit worried I will lose these guys too...I really like these for their soundstage and am wondering about the KZ6.

What are those? They look nice (the IEMs).
That cable is already in my basket=)
Thanks. These are the old ZS3, but with different mesh and some very large tips from the Rock Zyrcon.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:49 PM Post #27,388 of 63,981
To me the ZSR soundstage seems to be wider than ZS6. The treble is not that harsh but it's still pretty sibilant. I modified my ZS6 and closed one BA driver on each side. The vocals are more life like on ZS6. They're also more comfortable to wear. ZSR is also good but gets painful quickly when I wear a hat that covers my ears and puts pressure on them(winter here after all). It's the pointy "tail" next to the connector that causes the pain. ZS6 fit is best of them all, they just stay in my ears perfectly when using comply tips.

Are both BAs the same on the ZSR?

I know on the ZS5 v1, KZ used (1) high freq BA and (1) ultra high freq BA, but on the ZS5 v2 and ZS6 they switched to (2) ultra high freq BA.

I am not sure what configuration the individual BAs are on the ZSR yet (other than we know it has 2 BAs per nozzle).

If it DOES happen to have unique BAs per nozzle (like the ZS5 v1), then there is a risk of disabling the wrong BA driver (or disabling the wrong one on 1 side only).

Anyone know?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back