Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 17, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #21,694 of 63,928
Funny thing happened...I was in a shop the other day listening to my ZS5 and the shop owner said to me "nice campfires"...LOL
I then told him all about KZ.

I don't like the copycat aspect for the shell, but it's pretty standard fare in China unfortunately...although things are improving, look at how far xiaomi has come.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #21,695 of 63,928
Can anyone give a comparison of the old gold tip ZS1 and the ZSE mostly in terms of bass but overall signature and quality too? I miss the stupid amounts of bass from the gold / non mesh ZS1

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #21,696 of 63,928
Funny thing happened...I was in a shop the other day listening to my ZS5 and the shop owner said to me "nice campfires"...LOL
I then told him all about KZ.

I don't like the copycat aspect for the shell, but it's pretty standard fare in China unfortunately...although things are improving, look at how far xiaomi has come.
Lol seriously ?! I would have thought that the shop owner probably being sarcastic to me. I hope someday KZ will make its new proper non generic shell design with properly tuned dynamic instead of falling for the number of drivers game.

They currently seems to be thinking this more drivers marketing works better and generates more profit for them and i believe it's quite true seeing how majority of "audiophiles" reacting to when they heard about more drivers

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #21,697 of 63,928
Do you find it bright? What about the bass and fit? I'm on the brink of buying it but there's too little difference in price between it and the ZS5 that I don't know anymore which one to buy.
More bass than ZS5. But less Soundstage. Part of the reason I haven't switched back yet is because I find the ES3 more comfortable.

Generally, they both are v shape and have the similar treble/upper mids that we like and some people hate.

Sep 17, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #21,699 of 63,928
They currently seems to be thinking this more drivers marketing works better and generates more profit for them and i believe it's quite true seeing how majority of "audiophiles" reacting to when they heard about more drivers

more drivers...good

Alon-exoticagr.jpg

fd4f5f0b316a7c0d1260cd3312f8c3d2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #21,701 of 63,928
Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #21,703 of 63,928
Man these ATE S is really starting to grow on me, now I truly understand why people say its musical, which is mostly due to the ultra detailed mids. Usually when I think of detail in music I think of the really high frequencies, but never have I experienced such great detail in the mids. I was shocked to hear sounds that I never even noticed before with the ATE-S. For example I could distinctively make out the reverb in a track or some tiny percussion sound that you normally wouldn't be able to recognize.

Welcome to the Ddynamic-house of KZ family! :wink: You should try ATE 5th gen with golden cable weights too. Maybe ATE-S has had some newer revisions too but as far I know they should be bassier than regular ATE.

I modded my ATE 1st gen and 5th gen... haven`t had better DD sound so far (especially in mids) and they are "on par"with some 3x higher priced hybrids I`ve tried (but those hybrids don`t make such beautiful mids as ATE does). Only better mids I`ve heard in "IEM" is VE Asura 2.0 but they are earbuds.

Edit:

Btw, been reading this thread lately and seems ZS5 has done some revisions to worse (piercing double-hi-freq-BAs in nozzle). I got 1st gen ZS5 with stock cable and 1BA in nozzle... absolutely love them and haven`t experienced any hiss or other weird problems ppl mention.
Want to get another ZS5 for wood modification backup but not so sure I can get same quality ZS5 anymore.
I quess I`ll need to jump on with ZS6 but comments so far make me think they are something like LZ A2S - too near front inside headstage mids and too far stretched out soundstage on sides.
I hope that`s not the case bc I really love my ZS5 sound and I think they are best KZ so far I`ve had. Btw guys, You should try these tips for ZS5 if starlines don`t work: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...phone-Earphone-Free-Shipping/32800300429.html
(originally those tips were used @ Huast H10).

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #21,704 of 63,928
Welcome to the Ddynamic-house of KZ family! :wink: You should try ATE 5th gen with golden cable weights too. Maybe ATE-S has had some newer revisions too but as far I know they should be bassier than regular ATE.

I modded my ATE 1st gen and 5th gen... haven`t had better DD sound so far (especially in mids) and they are "on par"with some 3x higher priced hybrids I`ve tried.
I'm still in love with my ATE 1st gen unmodded. It's so sweet...

Sep 17, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #21,705 of 63,928
Wish more ppl would do such crazy mods I did to ATE ;D incredible bass/percussion response and details additionally to cleared up mids ;P

Snap from the past:
7672787_l.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back