Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 9, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #21,001 of 64,380
Listening to Civil War by GNfngR.. The drums are certainly better now with the comply tips. They're certainly more comfortable.

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #21,002 of 64,380
Listening to Civil War by GNfngR.. The drums are certainly better now with the comply tips. They're certainly more comfortable.
Woah, and the thunderstorm at the end was pretty realistic.

Sep 9, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #21,003 of 64,380
@Dan-Fi, what do you think?

@Fox2twenty it's really hard to tell from that photo as it is focussed on the shell, not the grille. It took me many goes to get a decent picture.... certainly not an easy one to capture. It's best if you just try and look inside by eye at different angles to see if you can make out the BAs.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #21,004 of 64,380
I noticed something interesting going through ZS6 photos. On some photos where you can kind of see inside the nozzle, it's always just 1 BA that's visible, regardless of the angle of camera. They took photos of prototypes and not final units.
They changed things quite late into development, a bit strange imho. Also, KZ's official ali store is now selling ZS6 for 70$ which is bold for something that comes in small plastic box with no accessories, even knowing that KZ store is always more expensive than the rest.

HTB1eJLUbHsTMeJjSsziq6AdwXXaO.jpg

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #21,005 of 64,380
I noticed something interesting going through ZS6 photos. On some photos where you can kind of see inside the nozzle, it's always just 1 BA that's visible, regardless of the angle of camera. They took photos of prototypes and not final units.
They changed things quite late into development, a bit strange imho. Also, KZ's official ali store is now selling ZS6 for 70$ which is bold for something that comes in small plastic box with no accessories, even knowing that KZ store is always more expensive than the rest.

Could it be one of those twin BA drivers with a single barrel output?

Sep 9, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #21,006 of 64,380
Could it be one of those twin BA drivers with a single barrel output?

No, for sure. 2 BAs would occupy almost all of the space inside nozzle, so if it was just one output, it would be in the center.
It will have 2 BAs on final unit, but still strange that they photographed prototypes for promotion images.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #21,007 of 64,380
No, for sure. 2 BAs would occupy almost all of the space inside nozzle, so if it was just one output, it would be dead in the center.
It will have 2 BAs on final unit, but still strange that they photographed prototypes for promotion images.
From your description it looks like the BA barrel is off center so we'll need to confirm with the 1st person who gets hold of the ZS6 first if KZ has changed their specs again.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #21,009 of 64,380
From your description it looks like the BA barrel is off center so we'll need to confirm with the 1st person who gets hold of the ZS6 first if KZ has changed their specs again.

Hey, I know as much as anyone here. Just carefully inspecting the photo, it's 1 BA offset to the side, like it is on ZS5 v1. That + the fact that inside chamber of ZS6 has a hole where BA would sit makes me thing that ZS6 was going to have same configuration as ZS5 v1. This is also why I thought that these photos had to have been of prototypes.

Sep 9, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #21,015 of 64,380
That fake screw though... it makes me feel unsettled.

I could even understand doing something like that for aesthetic reasons, but not like this just for the sake of copying something even more.
I see other bigger problems though, that tuning paper on the first image is sad, already seeing it as a quality issue.
Maybe there is a frequency divider on the driver circuit boards, there is an electric component of sorts on the micro driver, someone who has more knowledge of how cross overs work could explain better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back