Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 8, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #20,986 of 64,382
Maybe it's better to wait before getting the zs5, maybe the zs6 can replace it?

But then once the ZS6 is out, you could make the same argument about the ZS10.

There's usually ALWAYS something better coming down the road. Just gotta go with the best available at the present time, unless you can afford to wait.

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #20,987 of 64,382
I went with the TS-200s. The 400s slid off of the nozzle too easily and one ended up stuck in my ear.

Untitled drawing (5).jpg

Sep 8, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #20,989 of 64,382
But then once the ZS6 is out, you could make the same argument about the ZS10.

There's usually ALWAYS something better coming down the road. Just gotta go with the best available at the present time, unless you can afford to wait.

Audio equipment doesn't work like this, generally speaking. Look at Sennheiser for example, they released a flagship in 2009 and even the revised S version didn't make the old model obsolete, 8 years of a single flagship in a way. Same things are happening with other models, they make smaller changes over a long period of time because audio equipment doesn't loose value, or does so in a very slow fashion.
Chi-fi changed this approach with exponential improvement in the last few years but it will have to reach plateau at some point, there aren't other options. I thought that ZSR was going to be it when rumors started, but now I am thinking we might be a few years away. Once KZ makes a model that is budget yet has a flagship performance (from 5-6-7 years ago), that is when progress will have to slow down, but it will probably happen even sooner.

Sep 8, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #20,992 of 64,382
I went with the TS-200s. The 400s slid off of the nozzle too easily and one ended up stuck in my ear.
Just make sure that you clean the ZS5 nozzle with a soft tissue to remove any oily substance and then gently push the Comply T400 tips right to the end of the nozzle to get a secure fit to avoid the tips from getting stuck in your ears. I've actually tried many tips including the TS200 but somehow the T400 is the only one that's capable of taming the high frequency peaks and sounds the smoothest at the top end yet retaining the extension.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #20,993 of 64,382
Are ts200s smaller? T400s usually put too much pressure on my ears.
Experiment with different size of the T400 tips and see which one fits you best. I actually settled for the medium size T400 that's one size smaller than my usual large tips size. I've discovered that using a one size smaller T400 actually tighten the bass with less bloat at the bottom and allowing the mids to come through more clearly and high frequency peaks are tamed, giving a very smooth sounding top end yet retaining the top end extension.

Sep 8, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #20,994 of 64,382
Experiment with different size of the T400 tips and see which one fits you best. I actually settled for the medium size T400 that's one size smaller than my usual large tips size. I've discovered that using a one size smaller T400 actually tighten the bass with less bloat at the bottom and allowing the mids to come through more clearly and high frequency peaks are tamed, giving a very smooth sounding top end yet retaining the top end extension.

Great tip, thank you

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #20,996 of 64,382
Hey Fox2twenty, where and when did you receive these blue ZS5's? Can you see 2 BAs ib the nozzles? Curious, as Lord Rexter was asking about this from GB....

These are indeed from Gearbest..... soooo, I tried to use a flashlight to see... I can't tell... Hold on.. let me try to use my cellphone flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back