Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 7, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #18,721 of 63,916
Just when i thought it's over, KZ uploaded another new product onto their China Alibaba page which i believe is gonna excite a lot of us. MMCX silver plated cable. Are they hinting us on upcoming model ?? I really hope so...
1499427944453.jpg

1499427902375.jpg

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #18,724 of 63,916
Just when i thought it's over, KZ uploaded another new product onto their China Alibaba page which i believe is gonna excite a lot of us. MMCX silver plated cable. Are they hinting us on upcoming model ?? I really hope so...

I'm on this and the ZST cable like white on rice. And for $10?!? Could KZ spoil us any more?

If another company buys KZ, the party will be over for sure. Hopefully that day never comes.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #18,726 of 63,916
That makes it look like the ZST is switching to a MMCX connector. I don't know why else you would want/need a round 2 pin connector with grip texturing on them like that.

I'd love it if KZ went to MMCX for all their upcoming IEMs, unless they did what VSonic did and used a proprietary MMCX who's cable cost about as much as it would to rebuy the IEM.

Jul 7, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #18,727 of 63,916
Having distortion problems with the ZS5's.

Not sure if it's because I don't have any real power right now except for my Pixel since I blew a voltage regulator on my tube amp and can't get good heat dissipation anymore. I also don't know if the ZS5's are just so accurate that they show the distortion in 2017 pop/edm mastering.

Jul 7, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #18,728 of 63,916
It looks gorgeous. Any estimated price?

I don't have the ZST, but shouldn't it automatically fit the ZS3 and ZS5? I thought they were using the same plugs and sockets.

No Chris, they are proprietary to the model as I have both ZST and ZS3's. It just so happens my Ali Ex seller sent me an extra ZS3 silver way back when so I ordered the mic'd version of the ZS5. Wish the dang things would get here after seeing all these positive impressions of them, matter a fact I have a set of those gold wires coming for my Colorfuls:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Smooth Budget.JPG

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #18,729 of 63,916
Having distortion problems with the ZS5's.

Not sure if it's because I don't have any real power right now except for my Pixel since I blew a voltage regulator on my tube amp and can't get good heat dissipation anymore. I also don't know if the ZS5's are just so accurate that they show the distortion in 2017 pop/edm mastering.
Definitely not so accurate, as turning down the volume makes the very apparent distortion disappear...

My guilty pleasure is the ZSTs, so much so that tomorrow I'll have both the carbon and the candy myself...

I'll speculate now that some people will hear a difference between carbon and candy, but only in the same way as they might between two carbons or two candies, that at this price point, for what is enclosed in the package, there may well be a fair amount of sample variation...

Watch this space.

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #18,730 of 63,916
Definitely not so accurate, as turning down the volume makes the very apparent distortion disappear...

My guilty pleasure is the ZSTs, so much so that tomorrow I'll have both the carbon and the candy myself...

I'll speculate now that some people will hear a difference between carbon and candy, but only in the same way as they might between two carbons or two candies, that at this price point, for what is enclosed in the package, there may well be a fair amount of sample variation...

Watch this space.

If memory serves me right when the Colorfuls first started coming in some felt they had better highs but I myself have found them to sound pretty much the same regardless of cable as well:wink:

Zesties.jpg

Jul 8, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #18,731 of 63,916
VinceHill24, can you share the link to the new ZST cable. Thanks in advance.
No idea which stores have started selling it yet but if you're able to access their China Alibaba website or has any know how of purchasing there, here's the link

长按复制,打开手机阿里新版或支付宝查看【KZ耳机镀银线材升级线材0.75mm标准】UkVbAV68Bcav https://qr.1688.com/share.html?secret=eLLl0orv

I believe other AE sellers will have them sooner or later.

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #18,732 of 63,916
Looks like those new KZ cables are now on ali express but the KZ ZST upgrade is still the 2 pin and the MMCX version is just a upgrade cable for MMCX earphones and not a new KZ iem. A certain "banned" seller on ali express is selling them.....

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #18,734 of 63,916
zst mmcx? no problem

SDhKJxa.jpg

I will do the same with my ZS5 (and probably ZSTtoo) because I also have MPS cable from HCK which is very good quality cable and I do not want to get all those "special" socket KZ cables - prefer to have 1 good for all.

Jul 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #18,735 of 63,916
No idea which stores have started selling it yet but if you're able to access their China Alibaba website or has any know how of purchasing there, here's the link

长按复制,打开手机阿里新版或支付宝查看【KZ耳机镀银线材升级线材0.75mm标准】UkVbAV68Bcav https://qr.1688.com/share.html?secret=eLLl0orv

I believe other AE sellers will have them sooner or later.
I'll wait for the release of this cable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back