Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 12, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #18,226 of 64,012
3 different colors so that assembly is easier. You know which wire is which. If you have all the same color wire, you've got to follow the lengths all the way down the wire which takes time, and time is money. If you've ever built or looked inside a computer, power supplies generally have multicolored wires. This is done for the same reason, and the colors are actually standardized now. You generally only find all-black cables on more expensive power supplies because as stated before, it takes more assembly and QC time. And time = money.

Absolutely. Imagine running cables to hook up your speakers through your walls that is uncoded.

Jun 13, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #18,228 of 64,012
Had the ZS5 for a week now. At first I felt they sounded real closed-in like, but my error was trying to get as deep an insertion as I could get. A shallow-as-possible insertion (with spinfit tips- good staying power) and the sound opened up quite a bit. Even the comfort improved, which is surprising considering how god-awful tubby the housings are. I also removed the original screens (no black foam in there) and replaced them with screens I got from aliexpress. Keep in mind, if you remove the screens on the ZS5, they're a bitch to put back on.

I noticed that you have the Westone 4R, which I also have :)

Are the ZS5 or any of these Chi-Fi IEMs comparable? Or is the astronomical price difference still justified?

Thanks

Jun 13, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #18,229 of 64,012
The strength of a twfk imho is the treble. You have to spend big bucks to get treble that performs better (in general). Hmmm, Altone 200, T-peos H300, CK100, VE Duke spring to mind, The first two will be a little too hot for most.
I havn't heard a cheapish chi-fi iem come close in the treble to these or the dual twfk's i've tried. Even my Gleam 8BA (DZ8) sounds a little rolled off next to these but it comes close.

Interesting. I *loved* the sparkly, beautiful treble of my Fischer Audio DBA-02, but they did lack a bit of impact. I'd hoped that these new multi-driver Chi-Fi IEMs would somehow retain the sparkly treble and add the missing oomph.

Jun 13, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #18,230 of 64,012
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #18,231 of 64,012
oops!

Attachments

• 20170613_145753.jpg
    20170613_145753.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #18,234 of 64,012
Anyone else have a Samsung galaxy S8?

Just received my ZS5s and they don't work out of the s8 with the silver cable!

They work fine from my old LG G4 though so nothing defective about them. It's nothing to do with mic / no mic situation either as other iems without mics work fine on the s8.

Really really puzzled??????

Jun 13, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #18,235 of 64,012
For me the silver cable somehow gave me sound properties of a copper cable than a silver.

The gold sound very similar or same as the stock cable.

apparently my lune silver cable made the bass of zs5 even more prominent, other frequencies were pretty much the same though, no difference between the silver cable they provided vs.stock.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #18,236 of 64,012
Anyone else have a Samsung galaxy S8?

Just received my ZS5s and they don't work out of the s8 with the silver cable!

They work fine from my old LG G4 though so nothing defective about them. It's nothing to do with mic / no mic situation either as other iems without mics work fine on the s8.

Really really puzzled??????
Not sure if the problem lies with the S8 headphone jack / the cable coz i've read from some android forums that some users reported same issues whereby headphone jack is not working well and apparently it's the phone issue. Some tried full shutdown and restart whilst others without luck have to go to Samsung customer service for support. Not sure if it'll be helpful coz i do not own Samsung S8

Jun 13, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #18,238 of 64,012
I might have missed it, there was a post talking about ZS5 effectively having 2 active drivers with 2 drivers just floating in glue and not contributing to the sound. Is this finally resolved, are all 4 drivers actually doing their thing? Also, what's up with the seam where 2 pieces of plastic meet, are there went holes or was that a defective unit?

Jun 13, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #18,240 of 64,012
For issues with the headphone jack try the android app called "sound about". Worked for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Didn't work unfortunately.

Swapped the silver cable with the stock zs3 mic cable and they work now and the zs3 works with silver cable so not sure what's going on there.

Shame as I like the look of the silver cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back