Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 9, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #18,197 of 64,384
The KZ bluetooth module and wire for ZST mentioned earlier, read through the taobao reports, seems battery life is disappointing. Some say 1hr and it's dead...
Although for 55 RMB I might give it a shot the next time I get stuff...would be awesome to use in the gym!

Jun 10, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #18,198 of 64,384
The KZ bluetooth module and wire for ZST mentioned earlier, read through the taobao reports, seems battery life is disappointing. Some say 1hr and it's dead...
Although for 55 RMB I might give it a shot the next time I get stuff...would be awesome to use in the gym!

that's pretty disappointing, if it was like 2 hours it wouldn't be too bad, but also it's worth opening up if you could fit a larger capacity battery in, as single cell Li-Pos are pretty cheap, still going to give it a go when i can find one.

Jun 11, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #18,200 of 64,384
I felt the silver cable bring foward the mids.

Jun 11, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #18,201 of 64,384
that's pretty disappointing, if it was like 2 hours it wouldn't be too bad, but also it's worth opening up if you could fit a larger capacity battery in, as single cell Li-Pos are pretty cheap, still going to give it a go when i can find one.

Just realised that the problem with these BT add-on cables is that the battery and electronics all need to be in the mic control module. Dedicated BT earbuds can put batteries into the earbud itself, which significantly extends the battery life...my JBL reflect minis can go for like 8-10 hours...oh well.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #18,202 of 64,384
For me the silver cable tamed the siblance, improved soundstage, separation,increased volume of zs5. Need to burn the iem before I can be sure.
Lmao I sure hope it does. 8$ for a magic cable. I respect your beliefs and if you think that wires change something that significantly maybe it's just something wrong with me. Have one arriving in about a week for my ZST, will report on validity of wizardry in the form of 8$ or just snake oil. If you enjoy them that much then good on you I suppose haha.

Edit: btw no hate to my fellow Head-Fier. Hope you don't take it as an insult or whatever, would like to keep the thread friendly.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #18,203 of 64,384
Lmao I sure hope it does. 8$ for a magic cable. I respect your beliefs and if you think that wires change something that significantly maybe it's just something wrong with me. Have one arriving in about a week for my ZST, will report on validity of wizardry in the form of 8$ or just snake oil. If you enjoy them that much then good on you I suppose haha.

Edit: btw no hate to my fellow Head-Fier. Hope you don't take it as an insult or whatever, would like to keep the thread friendly.

Sometimes there can be a large difference in impedance between cables that can change sound signature (and volume level). It is similar in how you can use a 75ohm headphone adapter to change the Etymotic ER4P into the ER4S.

I need to find mine. I have a theory that it could work well on the ZS5.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #18,204 of 64,384
I received the ZS5 and silver cable yesterday. Early impressions are good, but if you are expecting a $100+ giant killer, this is not it.

I need to let it burn in a bit to see if there are any changes, but detail could be better, bass/mids bleed at points, and there is some artificial sounding separation between L/R channels.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #18,205 of 64,384
Sometimes there can be a large difference in impedance between cables that can change sound signature (and volume level). It is similar in how you can use a 75ohm headphone adapter to change the Etymotic ER4P into the ER4S.

I need to find mine. I have a theory that it could work well on the ZS5.
Yeah in theory it can definitely change volume, but sound signature? Explain?

Jun 11, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #18,209 of 64,384

i thought the same. Logically, this doesn't make much sense. but for me, it sounded different. probably because i used the default cable 1st, then used the silver cable (between that the headphone burned in a bit- but that's another topic)

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #18,210 of 64,384
for me, the silver cable gave a tighter bass and more clear highs, but only on music tracks that are between 3:13 and 7:45. If the songs were shorter, then i didn't notice the tighter bass, unless the track title started with the letters D, N, S or W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back