Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 24, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #16,726 of 64,389
apparently i don't have an amp i only use with my phone,so you should try with the atr to make treble more enchanting than it should be with the phone. Let me know if the amp fix the treble.

What phone? Some phones like the iPhone actually have fairly decent output anyway - whilst other Mi Max for instance are pretty poor.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #16,729 of 64,389
Not sure, my Note 4 is OK in terms of quality but there's a marked improvement when I plug in the Cozoy. I was hoping you were going to say iPhone.
so when you plug in the atr on your phone does it lacking in volume. The note 3 does lack in volume so it doesn't have enough output voltage to run the iem perfectly and it seems mess with the treble too.

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #16,730 of 64,389
so when you plug in the atr on your phone does it lacking in volume. The note 3 does lack in volume so it doesn't have enough output voltage to run the iem perfectly and seem a bit low on volume.

I don't listen too loud, there's enough volume for me at about 80%, with the Cozoy it's set to about 30%.

There's not a lot of difference with the ATR and other IEMs all are give or take 1 click the same.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #16,732 of 64,389
no what i mean is when you plug in the atr to your phone does it lacking in treble and volume.

I said   'I don't listen too loud, there's enough volume for me at about 80%'   I think that indicates that there is no lack of volume.

As for treble it's an ATR, I'd prefer more treble regardless of source. Even with the Cozoy which is brighter than the direct phone I'd say I need more treble. The lack of treble isn't down to a lack of power. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #16,733 of 64,389
I said   'I don't listen too loud, there's enough volume for me at about 80%'   I think that indicates that there is no lack of volume.

As for treble it's an ATR, I'd prefer more treble regardless of source. Even with the Cozoy which is brighter than the direct phone I'd say I need more treble. The lack of treble isn't down to a lack of power. 
sorry for not understand to your post, so you don't have the problem with atr.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #16,734 of 64,389
sorry for not understand to your post, so you don't have the problem with atr.

No worries, ATR is shy of treble for my taste. I don't think a phone will ever give you a 'loud' volume because they're designed not to, especially in the EU. Investing in a decent DAC/amp will help you get a better sound overall.

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #16,735 of 64,389
no what i mean is when you plug in the atr to your phone does it lacking in treble and volume.

Wait, you're lacking volume on a note 3?

If i turn up my note more than 70% the ATR is way too loud.

Are you sure you're not triggering some sort of hearing protection sofware?
Are you using the stock ROM or do you have a custom one?

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #16,736 of 64,389
Wait, you're lacking volume on a note 3?

If i turn up my note more than 70% the ATR is way too loud.

Are you sure you're not triggering some sort of hearing protection sofware?

Are you using the stock ROM or do you have a custom one?
no the atr doesn't lacking in volume i suppose but in general the atr is liitle bit power hungry and so its need amp to kind really shine the atr. No i use atr with my phone and had custom rom install on it and the custom rom does not change anything in term of sound quality,i just used normal way like you do.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #16,738 of 64,389
@Vidal do you have any recommendations for me to buy an amp. Im on budget so can you help me to find best budget amp? Or dac

I'm only really familiar with a few and I'm not sure of compatibility with your phone. There's plenty of decent brands out there that might be of interest Fiio, SMSL and Topping would all be in the budget bracket I guess. You'd need to research which one would have a model within your means.

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #16,740 of 64,389
Vidal do you have any recommendations for me to buy an amp. Im on budget so can you help me to find best budget amp? Or dac

For good budget DAPs, take a look at the Xduoo X3 (with Rockbox) and AGPTek H01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back