Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 24, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #16,741 of 63,834
Hey there, gearbest is really pissing me off, firstly my local post  said that my parcel with ED9 were lost in some warehouse during chinese new year? How is that even possible? Gearbest says that i should wait till they verify this, and refund can take up to 180 days, wow what?
And like that wasn't enough, i've been waiting for ZS3 since feb 03, and here 56 days later, no info about package whatsoever, should've come to Istanbul. Probably was my fault that i choose unregistered air mail, so gearbest said that package should come in 60 to 70 days. Was someone had the same experience, should i just wait for it?

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:43 AM Post #16,742 of 63,834
  Hey there, gearbest is really pissing me off, firstly my local post  said that my parcel with ED9 were lost in some warehouse during chinese new year? How is that even possible? Gearbest says that i should wait till they verify this, and refund can take up to 180 days, wow what?
And like that wasn't enough, i've been waiting for ZS3 since feb 03, and here 56 days later, no info about package whatsoever, should've come to Istanbul. Probably was my fault that i choose unregistered air mail, so gearbest said that package should come in 60 to 70 days. Was someone had the same experience, should i just wait for it?

If you paid with paypal then that's the way to get your money back - don't wait too long as you may lose the chance to claim your money back

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #16,743 of 63,834
@Vidal do you have any recommendations for me to buy an amp. Im on budget so can you help me to find best budget amp? Or dac

There is the SMSL Idol+ on Aliexpress, there is a review here it's a free stuff review so normally I'd be cautious on whether it was overly positive, however as it's by @peter123 I'm confident it will be a sound judgement. It seemingly works with both Z3 Compact and LG G3 so it could work with the Samsung S3 that you have.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:05 AM Post #16,744 of 63,834
There is the SMSL Idol+ on Aliexpress, there is a review here it's a free stuff review so normally I'd be cautious on whether it was overly positive, however as it's by @peter123
 I'm confident it will be a sound judgement. It seemingly works with both Z3 Compact and LG G3 so it could work with the Samsung S3 that you have.
no not s3 samsung note 3

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #16,747 of 63,834
Has anyone has experience with the registered airmail-china post. I want to know how long it will arrive at your country and i know that aliexpress used this china post to sent parcel at most of the country.

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #16,748 of 63,834
Has anyone has experience with the registered airmail-china post. I want to know how long it will arrive at your country and i know that aliexpress used this china post to sent parcel at most of the country.

China airmail and standard shipping take between 2 to 4 weeks to arrive to Beirut, and both have tracking
Avoid ''small packet plus'' as it has no tracking and it took 2.5 months to arrive

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #16,749 of 63,834
China airmail and standard shipping take between 2 to 4 weeks to arrive to Beirut, and both have tracking
Avoid ''small packet plus'' as it has no tracking and it took 2.5 months to arrive
same goes to other country Or it depend on whether you live? So can you help me to identify where the parcel is right now and can you determine that my shipping are normal.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #16,751 of 63,834
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]I wonder why they dont have vol control on the newer models? I think bought one with mic and was a bit disappointed no vol. control. Even Mee has them on cheaper models. WHAT is the name of the new model coming out?

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #16,752 of 63,834
I wonder why they dont have vol control on the newer models? I think bought one with mic and was a bit disappointed no vol. control. Even Mee has them on cheaper models. WHAT is the name of the new model coming out?

Yeah, I dig vol control. I find it extremely useful, most probably they are skipping to include it to reduce costs and increase their profit margin.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #16,753 of 63,834
Yeah, I dig vol control. I find it extremely useful, most probably they are skipping to include it to reduce costs and increase their profit margin.

I agree on ed3 acme but should be included on the higher end ZS3 or ZST.

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #16,755 of 63,834
I wonder why they dont have vol control on the newer models? I think bought one with mic and was a bit disappointed no vol. control. Even Mee has them on cheaper models. WHAT is the name of the new model coming out?

I feel one of the main reasons is because Apple volume control is wired opposite from Android volume control. So manufacturers either have the following 4 choices with regards to volume control:

1. Add a switch to manually select between Apple/Android.
2. Add active circuitry to detect the type of phone plugged in & automatically select between Apple/Android.
3. Settle on one or the other wiring standard (which they almost always choose Android because many of these manufacturers also manufacture Android phones), leaving half of their phone user base out in the cold.
4. Omit volume control & just provide mic with single 'universal' button.

More and more they are choosing option 4.

#1-3 add additional costs, both in hardware & licensing to cover the Apple wiring (because I am pretty sure they have to pay Apple a patent licensing fee to wire it the Apple way).

When you're talking a pair of KZs that sell at a street price of $7, the wholesale cost is probably $4. So $1-2 additional manufacturing cost for a 3-button volume control (plus licensing fees) represents up to 50% increase in costs. Add to it losses due to QC defects and warranty claims from wiring faults & button failures, and it doesn't take a genius to see why they often would rather just save the headaches and K.I.S.S.

I agree with eteina that it would be nice to at least include it on higher priced models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back