Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 12, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #15,301 of 63,914
Just received my ZST and initial impressions out of the box are WOW!

Crystal clear highs loads of detail massive soundstage and great bass that digs deep.

Can't understand how anyone could not like them?????

I made sure the cables were connected properly as I'm sure that's partly the reason for such mixed reviews.

Definitely my favourite KZ over the ate and atr

To me it was sibilance. Soundstage was average. And yes i have 3 pair of zst. 2 rainbow and 1 carbon. Never like them.
Zs3 was different. On the first time i try it. It blows my mind. This is the earphone that has all aspects nearly perfect. Soundstage, treble was done right, mid and bass has enough quantity.

Ive tried **** dt2 plus and i can say zs3 was better than dt2 plus with triple driver.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #15,302 of 63,914

Really? I didn't think the ZS3 was that special for soundstage.

I concur, the ZS3 has many qualities but soundstage is not one of them. ED9 has better soundstage IMO and the ATE and ZST wipe the floor with either of them.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #15,303 of 63,914
To me it was sibilance. Soundstage was average. And yes i have 3 pair of zst. 2 rainbow and 1 carbon. Never like them.
Zs3 was different. On the first time i try it. It blows my mind. This is the earphone that has all aspects nearly perfect. Soundstage, treble was done right, mid and bass has enough quantity.

Ive tried **** dt2 plus and i can say zs3 was better than dt2 plus with triple driver.

I can understand why coming from Sennheiser you'd appreciate the ZS3 more than the ZST. Although I love the ZST's sound, it can get tiresome to listen due to it's bright somewhat harsh highs (though that can be alleviated slightly with the silver cable or more so with equalization). In my opinion, the ZS3 one of the easiest to recommend earphones from KZ's lineup, the ZST is a good earphone for people that appreciate fun, forward sounding earphones whereas the ZS3 are a comfortable bassy earphone that can be used for many hours without any discomfort.

I think that you'd like the ATE more than the ZST if you like Sennheiser's signature sound. The ATE is not as warm sounding as the ZST, nor as forward but it has more clarity than the ZS3, a significantly better soundstage (similar or better to the ZST's) and more recessed but tighter bass, provided you have a good seal on your earphone tips.

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #15,307 of 63,914
I can understand why coming from Sennheiser you'd appreciate the ZS3 more than the ZST. Although I love the ZST's sound, it can get tiresome to listen due to it's bright somewhat harsh highs (though that can be alleviated slightly with the silver cable or more so with equalization). In my opinion, the ZS3 one of the easiest to recommend earphones from KZ's lineup, the ZST is a good earphone for people that appreciate fun, forward sounding earphones whereas the ZS3 are a comfortable bassy earphone that can be used for many hours without any discomfort.

I think that you'd like the ATE more than the ZST if you like Sennheiser's signature sound. The ATE is not as warm sounding as the ZST, nor as forward but it has more clarity than the ZS3, a significantly better soundstage (similar or better to the ZST's) and more recessed but tighter bass, provided you have a good seal on your earphone tips.

Actually I have kz Ate, ATR, zst and zs3. I prefer zs3 from all the type. Ate was too soft sounding for me.
. Zst indeed was make me uncomfortable,and I found out 4in1 was better if one is searching for forward sounding earphone. But kz zst wins the build design. I love the design of zst candy tone

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #15,310 of 63,914
describe the word majestic:blush:and how does you want it to be sound?

I can't really, I'm not at all versed in the technical audio jargon.

I listen to a whole variety of music, but usually center around metal/rock and its subgenres (prog, death, doom, post-rock, post-metal). Currently I'm again in a post-rock phase, mainly due to the discovery of the band I linked above - Halma. Their music is slow, moody, chill, bassy, meditative, so very well produced. And with the purchase of the ZS2 I have a smile on my face when listening to it, and can't wait for my evening listening sessions of their material.

So, majestic :D

And how I wanted my ZS2 to sound? Well, I just wanted to hear dual-drivers, for the novelty of it. Knowing a bit about the ZS2's sound signature, I expected them to be bassier than my ATE-S, but not exactly muffled (or muddy). But that's how they sounded with the stock/starline tips. With the wide bores, however, I'm liking them quite a bit. The bass is not so overwhelming, at the rest of the frequency range isn't so drowned by the bassiness. that's the best I can put it with my limited audio vocabulary.

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #15,313 of 63,914
http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_436717.html

Good call To.M
wink_face.gif

Where I got mine: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ZS3/32680596348.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.vme67T

Such a loving, sharing, enabling
rolleyes.gif
community we have here
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back